Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim123

Why do you worship death?

41 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

This topic is silly.

If our purpose is to cease from living and realize that we are God, why did God even create life to begin with? I don't think that's a silly question. I used to wonder that all the time when I was a follower of Actualized.org.

God would have been thinking like, "I'm going to create a useless creation, just because." That doesn't make any sense. God is also not a deceiver so why would he deceive himself into thinking that he's not God? It's actually the devil who is the deceiver. God is full of holiness and truth.

1 minute ago, jim123 said:

If our purpose is to cease from living and realize that we are God, why did God even create life to begin with? I don't think that's a silly question. I used to wonder that all the time when I was a follower of Actualized.org.

God would have been thinking like, "I'm going to create a useless creation, just because." That doesn't make any sense. God is also not a deceiver so why would he deceive himself into thinking that he's not God? It's actually the devil who is the deceiver. God is full of holiness and truth.

In order to experience something infinite conciousness imagines differences inside of it self and takes the form of mind and body, but ur pure awareness conciousness is not moved by experience, what is there for god to do but to experience itself?

Creation is limitation but it is also love, we have desires in our heart looking for something, the thing you are looking for is GOD.

But in order to experience differences it limits itself and forgets that it is GOD and creates a world and different points of view.

But you never left infinite conciousness. 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

30 minutes ago, jim123 said:

But the reason why God put that tree in the garden of Eden was because God respects our free will. God is so mighty and powerful that he was actually able to create people with free will.

Did god give us free will knowing that we will commit sin and suffer a consequence? Or was god hoping for a different outcome?

All stories and explanations are false.

You talk about God as if you knew what it is.

Have you ever met God ?

Or did you just read a book telling you what it is supposed to be ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Creation is limitation but it is also love, we have desires in our heart looking for something, the thing you are looking for is GOD.

I think everyone knows that there must be more to life than just materialistic things. Everyone knows there is a heaven. But your idea of heaven is backwards. You think that heaven is eternal death and that you enter it by literally dying. The truth is the opposite. Instead of being eternal death, heaven is eternal life, and instead of entering it by dying, you enter it by being born again. And you can become born again by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

9 hours ago, jim123 said:

The garden of Eden was a perfect place without suffering. Then when Adam and Eve committed sin by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that caused a lot of suffering. That's why we now live in an imperfect world that has tremendous amounts of suffering in it.

The only definition of 'sin' I can work with, is separation from God. Sin is separation, division, selfishness. God is wholeness, integrity, unselfishness. So the whole garden of Eden mythology is talking about God incarnating him/herself into apparently separate selves who have this strange belief that God is somewhere else.  If we think we are separate bodies, then it seems like we live & die, have happiness and suffering etc. Heaven or Nirvana is when that duality collapses.  

6 hours ago, jim123 said:

And you can become born again by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

I've heard this expression before. Out of interest, what does "believing on" mean? Is it the same as believing in? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

You think that heaven is eternal death and that you enter it by literally dying.

The Kingdom of Heaven is within, remember? You don't have to die to realize heaven.

God created us because God loves to create. What else is God going to do?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

The Kingdom of Heaven is within, remember? You don't have to die to realize heaven.

Well, I say amen to this. Of course you don't have to die to realize heaven because heaven is eternal life, not eternal death. Death-worshiping cults like Buddhism on the other hand teach that heaven (what they call Nirvana) is literally eternal death.

12 hours ago, snowyowl said:

Out of interest, what does "believing on" mean? Is it the same as believing in? 

Yes, the same thing. You receive eternal life just by believing in Jesus. In fact, it would be an impossible scenario if you believed in Jesus but didn't get saved.

God has commanded me to preach the gospel to every creature, so here you go:

@jim123 I'm not sure what you meant by worshipping death. And then you went to a few different things. I'll just briefly say what I find important about death. 

Death awareness is the universal spiritual practice for all people. We walk around in the dreamstate, and death is ultimate slap in the face to all illusions and hiding. It makes a fool of all ideology and sheep-like ways of living.  

And if I or you stay asleep, in one blink we'll both be sitting on our death beds, realising we let it all slip away. 

Death, impermanence, flux, these are things you can observe in your experience. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@jim123  Hi, I watched your video and can see you're a caring person who genuinely believes in this type of Christianity and trying help other people. So thanks and I wish you all the best. I have a mixture of reactions to your message, too much to go into here. Yes I accept that Jesus was God in the sense that he realised his unconditional love. Love which we all are but don't see it yet.

You put a lot of faith in the Bible as an accurate record of God's word, that's another way I disagree, I'd say the Bible is all very human and a mixture of deep wisdom and also foolishness, and history, written in ancient out of date historical culture. 

I've already been to hell and back in my life, I know what it's like, and it wasn't Christianity or belief in Jesus which saved me. Heaven and hell are right here my friend, not in a future place. But I don't want to change your mind or convert you away from what you believe, if that's how you access Love then all is well. 

Love and blessings to everyone whatever your path. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

On 11/19/2020 at 1:14 AM, jim123 said:

If we are just supposed to worship death, then why did God even create life in the first place?

uhhh... where did you get this belief? 

If it's better to be dead and never come back, why did God even create the cycle of reincarnation in the first place?

same as above.... where did you get these belief? throw them away.  reincarnation is the cycle of karma, love, everything. it exists simply to exist. 

It makes no sense. If life just causes suffering, it would have been pointless for God to even create life to begin with. By the way, I don't believe that the cycle of reincarnation exists, but I'm using that as an illustration of my point.

it makes no sense cause its not right. just those beliefs dont fit and no one should take them on.... you will be better once you throw them away. let me explain. "life just causes suffering" why would you want to take on that type of reality.........

I wouldn't mind to be reincarnated. That would be awesome. I would love to be reincarnated a million times. That's because I like life more than death. The teaching that "all life is suffering" is complete nonsense because many people are living their lives with very minimal suffering. Theoretically, if you lived a perfect life with perfect Christian values, you would not suffer at all. Not even the tiniest bit. The only reason why we suffer is because we are sinners. Sin causes suffering.

oh yeah, you see it too. thats a shit belief. lol 

lets say sin = impurities

then yeah, it does. its fine though. you dont have to follow any of those rules. just come from purity and it will be fine. 

The ironic thing is that the people who are trying to escape suffering are actually the ones who suffer the most. Some spiritual guru who is sitting in a dark cave torturing himself probably suffers more than any normal person.

kinda, not always. and the guru thing.... mmm not really true. if an avrage person sat in a cave then they would suffer, maybe. a guru is already trained in that way and enjoys and would probably be peaceful by themselves. they would not consider it torture and if they did then they are stupid cause why would someone do that to themselves. lol its not like they win brownie points for suffering.  

Edited by SilentTears

Well, I say amen to this. Of course you don't have to die to realize heaven because heaven is eternal life, not eternal death. Death-worshiping cults like Buddhism on the other hand teach that heaven (what they call Nirvana) is literally eternal death.

Eastern wisdom is what brought me to heaven 9_9 I have a Christian background, and I had glimpses of heaven then, too. My beliefs were a sort of bondage, and they tried to make heaven conditional. The only thing that dies is the thing that never lived in the first place.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 19/11/2020 at 1:09 PM, jim123 said:

It originates from man's own free will. Have you ever wondered why exactly did God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to the garden of Eden? It would have been so easy to avoid all the disaster and imperfection if that tree didn't even exist to begin with. But the reason why God put that tree in the garden of Eden was because God respects our free will. God is so mighty and powerful that he was actually able to create people with free will. That's something that only God can do. Scientists and engineers could never create a computer or a machine that would truly have a free will of its own.

the garden of eden thing is an incredible metaphor. It expresses that living beings have always lived in paradise, they have an exact place, an exact behavior, a perfect cycle. their life is perfect, they have no ego, their life is an eternal present. even his suffering is perfect. the human being bites the apple, thinks, and as he thinks he is the eternal misfit, anticipates and remembers, suffers, he is a suffering being ... and from his suffering another beautiful metaphor arises that is Christ

On 11/19/2020 at 0:14 PM, jim123 said:

If we are just supposed to worship death, then why did God even create life in the first place? If it's better to be dead and never come back, why did God even create the cycle of reincarnation in the first place? It makes no sense. If life just causes suffering, it would have been pointless for God to even create life to begin with. By the way, I don't believe that the cycle of reincarnation exists, but I'm using that as an illustration of my point.

Dualistic thinking won't ever solve these issues. 

Life and  death are happening in the same place. It's not that life is happening here and death is happening in some other dimension! It's the same dimension. Your alive body is nothing but the product of dead soil and dead corpses. Then your body will turn into ashes again and once again reform a new life. Life and death are identical. This is death. You already died millions of times in the past. And here you are.. Death is life lol tada! 

On 11/19/2020 at 0:14 PM, jim123 said:

The teaching that "all life is suffering" is complete nonsense. 

You can think of your life as a constant aiming and needing process that avails to nothing in the end. All you are really doing here is babysitting this thing called your body.. And it sure causes a lot of suffering. The only solution is to transcend all that. You are here for two reasons.. To realize all your weaknesses and limitations. And to transcend them and to awaken to your unlimited undisturbed true nature. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 11/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, jim123 said:

I think everyone knows that there must be more to life than just materialistic things. Everyone knows there is a heaven. But your idea of heaven is backwards. You think that heaven is eternal death and that you enter it by literally dying. The truth is the opposite. Instead of being eternal death, heaven is eternal life, and instead of entering it by dying, you enter it by being born again. And you can become born again by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yeah I agree that 99% procent of the world is searching for its true source just that it believes it is outside of it self, hence the stage orange materialstic view of reality, there is zero introspection at this state, only what the outside thinks. 

But if we turn inward instead and look at our experience and investigate every belief you have about reality,  there is not much of our beliefs that correspond with our experience,

So if we investigate awareness we can recognize that what we call GOD is actually that awareness, and when you recognize that awareness is you, you see ur godly nature.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Contemplating death puts reality into perspective. Because life is not everything, the picture is not complete without death.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Life and death are opposite sides of the same coin. Empty your wallet before entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

5 hours ago, No Self said:

Life and death are opposite sides of the same coin. Empty your wallet before entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

Nice :) Most of our coins are pennies and dimes. Life-Death is a quarter that doesn't fit easily into the piggy bank, but like it or not, it still has to go.

15 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Yeah I agree that 99% procent of the world is searching for its true source just that it believes it is outside of it self, hence the stage orange materialstic view of reality, there is zero introspection at this state, only what the outside thinks. 

But if we turn inward instead and look at our experience and investigate every belief you have about reality,  there is not much of our beliefs that correspond with our experience,

So if we investigate awareness we can recognize that what we call GOD is actually that awareness, and when you recognize that awareness is you, you see ur godly nature.

You're a heretic.

You're saying you're God, but that's heresy, you're just a simple human don't think you're special !

Believe in Jesus and all your sins will be forgiven, otherwise you'll go to hell !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them