petragr

Psychedelics are finally getting the credit they deserve

39 posts in this topic

Leo was right all along about psychedelics , this person Simone Keremedchiev gave a talk about this on Youtube.

Psychedelics: effects on the human brain and physiology | Simeon Keremedchiev | TEDxVarna

I had to watch him during a class.  Simone says that psychedelics , do the same thing as antidepressants do except without doing the harm that medications can do  . He further goes on to say ( in a  different video)  that the psychedelics actually disrupts our thinking such as thinking about the past and the future.  It also stops the negative feedback loop that constantly judges ourselves and others. In additions psychedelics such as magic mushrooms help our brain create new pathways , with that changing our thinking. Wow , Leo was right all along he talked about that a few years ago!

Edited by petragr

Its bad that they are extremly rare in my country (Bulgaria). 

they are ? that is too bad but maybe do some research , i learned in my class that there are many plants that are considered psychedelics .... I may be able to post some of the info here but I am not sure if that is a good idea ...i don’t want anybody getting sick or worse ...

All that is still under-selling psychedelics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Indeed, the metaphysics insights you get from psychedelics is the best thing with them

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Meh, I wouldn’t downplay the healing aspects of them. I think that is probably the best thing they offer for humanity currently. Vast majority of people aren’t open to or ready yet to use them for much beyond healing. 

Any benefit shy of Infinite Consciousness is like hunting for fleas on an elephant's ass.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

hunting for fleas on an elephant's ass.

You should try that on psychedelics, the fleas come at ya and start eating your face off. 

On 11/12/2020 at 10:07 PM, petragr said:

others. In additions psychedelics such as magic mushrooms help our brain create new pathways , with that changing our thinking. Wow , Leo was right all along he talked about that a few years ago!

No no no.  You are still thinking like a materialist.  The brain is doing none of that.  The brain is imaginary.  Psychedelics will help you transcend the brain.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

No no no.  You are still thinking like a materialist.  The brain is doing none of that.  The brain is imaginary.  Psychedelics will help you transcend the brain.

I think few people has trascended the brain ... everybody seems victim of brain chemistry no matter how much awakenings they had. 

I sometimes wonder, if we really can´t change our state at will, are we really conscious reality is imaginary? Probably because we are not. Or we are not so sure.

At the other hand, only God has will, not the ego. So all this is just mental masturbation probably. God somtimes it´s so depressing that the ego it´s so powerless in just everything. :( 

7 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I think few people has trascended the brain ... everybody seems victim of brain chemistry no matter how much awakenings they had. 

I sometimes wonder, if we really can´t change our state at will, are we really conscious reality is imaginary? Probably because we are not. Or we are not so sure.

At the other hand, only God has will, not the ego. So all this is just mental masturbation probably. God somtimes it´s so depressing that the ego it´s so powerless in just everything. :( 

Guess ya gotta discover that for yourself - of course you will - you already have really advanced intuition :)

You have a will it is just finite.

And yeah within the dream it all seems so real - but maybe that's the point :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

The problem could be the "baggage" which comes with the word imaginary. "Imagine", if you will that the relative reality is perspectival, and that the appearance of the brain (which is never in the first person perspective) is how "consciousness" appears in the relative domain. It looks like matter, right? Matter is the appearance of That/Consciousness/The Absolute, and "the appearance" we call "life" eg all the metabolic processes which animate this particular chunk of matter/appearance is the "appearance" of That/Consciousness/The Absolute "personalized".  The Absolute imagines, and a "real" world appears- to itself, as a person with a brain. Different forms with one essence.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

The brain is doing that and not doing that at the same time ;)

The brain might be imaginary, but that doesn't mean there aint solid wisdom in brain chemistry. Chuck out the ideology, keep the abstract wisdom. 

That's actually way harder to do then transcendence. Its way easier to just transcend all notions of the dream then to actually extract wisdom from the dream and embed it into your perspective. Yet you get a deepening of knowing and experience by doing the latter.

Edited by electroBeam

@Corpus yeah - reality "appears" so real.  Yet if one looks under the hood of reality - appearance is all that is there.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Its way easier to just transcend all notions of the dream then to actually extract wisdom from the dream and embed it into your perspective. Yet you get a deepening of knowing and experience by doing the latter.

So true. This is why people that wake up, whether through psychedelics or through some other means, still have to do the spiritual work of integrating. It is more than just a realization of yourself as Consciousness. It becomes a practice of staying Conscious, and allowing the light to dissolve the attractions of duality. Wisdom is the primal force that keeps you centered in Consciousness, free from the pull of the conditioned mind.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

But why then if i bash a hammer on your brain, you loose consciousness and shit yourself?

2 minutes ago, Will2gain said:

But why then if i bash a hammer on your brain, you loose consciousness and shit yourself?

That's still appearance.  It's tricky stuff.  Come do it to me.  Fear of death - as real as it seems - is also imaginary.  But it has to seem real or we would not have a chance of surviving in this imaginary form.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Will2gain said:

Because the brain is the radio Consciousness is using to play in the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@petragr Yeah Leo was right and so was basically every human civilization that has ever been constructed dating back over 5000 years.

Saying that psychedelics "reduces anxiety" is like saying an atomic bomb can make a hole in the floor.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Moksha well also consciousness cannot be lost.  We can only imagine that.   Have you ever experienced non-existence? :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.