QandC

There is No Distance

123 posts in this topic

The belief that distance doesn’t exist is untrue. The belief that distance exists is also untrue. Distance is just what it is — an empty perception that can be rendered meaningless once the apparent context for it is absent.

Where exactly is the visual field? It’s exactly where it is. Where is that? Exactly where it is. The whole thing. So where is distance? You can’t find it. It appears to be where it is, but is it actually there? You don’t know.

Edited by The0Self

22 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You have issues. But I understand that you desperately have to defend your (delusional) belief that distance doesn't exist, it's a completely natural reaction.

He's saying that distance doesn't exist in the absolute sense, he's right.

You're saying that distance exist in a relative sense, you're right.

Stop arguing when you're agreeing :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It's just a spooky action at a distance!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

21 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Shin

This is all hypothetical, right? ?

I don't know, I'll find out soon enough !

I'll tell ya everything :P

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"The intuitive idea that objects influence each other because they're in physical proximity is soon to become another of those beliefs that turn out to be wrong when we look deeper"

More here:

Space: The Final Illusion

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/space-the-final-illusion/

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse Fascinating article. Patterns only emerge on the collective level, individual particles can follow different laws, space itself is coming into and out of existence, and faster-than-light relationships exist, regardless of the amount of space between entangled particles.

It feels like the infinite, free expression of Consciousness, which manifests diversely, yet is comprehended collectively. And why is perception causal? Consciousness seems to be directly involved here. I wonder how close we will get to understanding our nature through science. I would love to see a quantum theory of gravity emerge in this lifetime.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Mikael89 My reading is that it is a limitation of the current theory. He also notes:

"When two particles are in such an entangled state, an experimenter can, it turns out, affect the properties of one of the particles, directly and immediately, by choosing to measure some particular corresponding property of the other. It matters not at all that it would require a signal much faster than light to directly effect such an influence."

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Mikael89 @Moksha  And anyway is a scientific article, is always going to be "finger pointing to the moon" , never the moon itself.

But anyway is good to be open to different ideas. I like a saying from Aristotle (I think it was him who said it)

“It’s the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

@abrakamowse That is true. Consciousness is evolving increasingly complex organisms, through which it is able to manifest more fully. We are already at the point where we can directly realize ourselves as Consciousness. Who knows how Consciousness will manifest through future organisms? Maybe science and spirituality will ultimately converge.

Then again, maybe not. Ancient wisdom describes ultimate reality as the eternal mystery. Perhaps it can only be directly realized, and not even superhuman minds will be able to comprehend it.

Edited by Moksha

@Moksha I think that's the beauty of it, that we will never be able to "dissect it" and study like an object. The fact that is hidden is what it permits it to manifest.

It's hiding at plain sight hehehe...

@abrakamowse Defeats the point of the game if the hidden is always unveiled. If Consciousness ever evolves a form capable of complete comprehension, maybe that is when the game starts all over again.

@Moksha @Mikael89  Exactly... it's beautiful the way it is.

:)

*wakes up*

*Yaaaaaawn*

*looks around*

*proclaims..*

"It takes an ego to kill an ego."

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

8 hours ago, nitramadas said:

*wakes up*

*Yaaaaaawn*

*looks around*

*proclaims..*

"It takes an ego to kill an ego."

I was listening today to Shunyamurti and he said something like we want to be free from the mind.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:24 AM, abrakamowse said:

I was listening today to Shunyamurti and he said something like we want to be free from the mind.

@SirVladimir inspired me to this:

Unwinding through the labyrinth of Versailles,
Seeking its path to nowhere,
Hearing its moonlight music,
Tracing the pattern of its leaves,
Following its wending way,
Its sweet hedges caress me out of myself,
And toss me back into the sky.

Edited by Moksha

@Moksha Nice!

^_^

27 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@SirVladimir inspired me to this:

Winding myself through the labyrinth of Versailles,
Seeking its path to nowhere,
Hearing its moonlight music,
Tracing the pattern of its leaves,
Following its wending way,
Its sweet hedges caress me out of myself,
And toss me back into the sky.

Very nice

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Moksha

I've known a man in my life,
who roved around Versailles,
whose soul was ablaze,
who'd never get lost in the maze --
except in the windings of his imagination.

Moonlight shone upon his path.
^_^