QandC

There is No Distance

123 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, nitramadas said:

..which is why I say we need threads to have stage markers (or have forum sections for stage-specific discussions).

As Tier 2 is the minority on this forum, Tier 2 – Tier 2 conversations are pretty uncommon.  The ones I've had have all been very short.  I'm just happy to meet a high Green now.. 

As I approach Turquoise centre, I notice myself losing all interest in intellectual-debate / intellectual-education.  When I engage my intellect though, I do spend a lot of time on here.  But soon I'll be gone too.  This is why Turquoise is so incredibly rare online.  Anything but silence is egoistic, though I guess that might not make much sense to most.  Silence is so fascinating..  everything else is so limited in comparison.  I often don't bother with silence, but then I do ..and the euphoria!

7 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

This would just divide the forum by creating some sort of elite part of the forum.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

This would just divide the forum by creating some sort of elite part of the forum.

I am the elite and I have an IQ higher than anyone else! I am very spiritual!!!!

I am about to enter stage Coral, beware  my wrath!!!!

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

56 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

@nitramadas a tier two sub forum would make a lot of sense. I wonder tho if stage 1 users could resist posting in it

lol, yeah that was my first thought, but I don't think it's a big problem.

Here's some options:

▸ Add a section in each 'Stage-Specific' / 'Tier-Specific' board for e.g. "Questions from Tier 1".  When a Green has a question for Tier 2s, their question would show up with a green tint above all the T2 – T2 discussions.  

▸ As people would, generally, want to be part of "their own collective", they wouldn't want to lie about their stage. 

▸ There could be a restriction to changing your color to once every e.g. 3 months. 

▸ There could be e.g. 3 shades of each color so that upper Green doesn't feel it has to pick between Yellow and Green (feeling either one would be disingenuous).

▸ The main thing is:  Having a dedicated "Questions from Tier 1" section would strongly subconsciously discourage abuse.  It's like:  Have you ever considered using a public toilet for the opposite sex?  Probably not, as you know that everyone else knows that you know that they know the system is well defined and unambiguous and you'd never get away with it.  When the rules are really clear, and everything is 100% fair, people would feel too awkward to break them.

▸ Another approach would be to, rather than say they're exclusive to that specific stage, say e.g. "this is a board for Yellow level discussion".  So technically anyone could post in it, but anyone below Yellow would just feel out of place, confused, and constantly misunderstand others.  So if, for example, a Green goes on there and gets offended, they'd have noone to blame as all the Yellows on the board would see nothing wrong with the "offender". 

▸ (Would have the side-effect of teaching Spiral-Wizardry to YoungYellows.  As well as help everyone stay on topic, e.g. I struggle maintaining my Turquoise POV while writing (as discussing random things on the forum tends to engage the intellectual Yellow side).  If the discussion was exclusively Turquoise, it would help identify the differences between stages and help with controlling them.  Awareness is "curative", after all.)

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Tier 2 people are very rare here, but luckily there are a few :)

- Enter your fear and you are free -

1 hour ago, from chaos into self said:

@nitramadas you’ve got me convinced it’s good but it’s @Leo Gura you need to talk to about this. Wonder if he’ll lend you an ear

.. I did.  I don't think he likes me very much.  (இ﹏இ)

Though I do tend to be ambitious when it comes to design.  I'd be called over-ambitious in design even if I worked for Apple..  so the people who actually have to do things would want to avoid me, I imagine. 

I would make a forum myself with an amazing, unprecedented, intuitively aesthetic design, but I just hate html, css, js, php, .net, flask, django, etc.  I'm a designer, not an engineer.

Edited by nitramadas

Any hierarchy is a welcome mat for the ego. It sets off my spider senses :ph34r:

Laying down the Yield sign, @nitramadas do you have a good link on spiral dynamics besides this one?

https://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Merry-Peter-Reflections-SDi-v1-upgrade.pdf

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Any hierarchy is a welcome mat for the ego. It sets off my spider senses :ph34r:

Laying down the Yield sign, @nitramadas do you have a good link on spiral dynamics besides this one?

https://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Merry-Peter-Reflections-SDi-v1-upgrade.pdf

I even think we remove post count too.

It serves the same purpose than the reputation points, showing who has the biggest dick.

Except in that case it's based an nothing of worth, you can just spam useless messages.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

There's very few good resources on it. 

Here's a "hidden" Turquoise video by Leo (But you really need to watch all of them).  This is pretty much the only good thing you may have missed, unless you want to read about Ken Wilber's Integral Theory.  To study SD, you really just need to study every model you can find and constantly look for patterns between them.  Then come up with theories, try to disprove them, then come up with more theories.  If you can understand Socionics (complex) and MBTI (slightly less complex) well, that's gonna help a lot.  We're the ones refining SD.  There are so few people researching it that by simply putting 1000 direct/indirect hours in, you're technically a world-expert.

The rest are mostly just references:

Here's the best reference site:  (Though I'm sure everyone already knows of it)

https://spiraldynamicsintegral.nl/en/turquoise/

Best chart v1

SteveSelf-Altitude.jpg

Best chart v2

SprialDynamics-AQAL-Large7.jpeg

Another detailed chart

spiraldynamics.jpg

Another

23c45f39320a24a08876e43e2ad5e7b0.jpg

Those are pretty much the best SD specific resources.  Most of it you have to work out on your own.  

Yeah, except we still use terms like "first world country", "third world country", "superpower", "G7", "G20", "far east", "the north", etc.  You have to refer to them as something, and resorting to less accurate terminology in an attempt to "avoid hurting someone's ego" is a pretty questionable thing to do.  If someone's Orange, they should acknowledge it and work on it.  If it's embarrassing, good, maybe it'll motivate them to grow up.  The worst thing that could happen is egos being exposed.  Though, the lower stages tend to not even notice it's a hierarchy, so no problem at all.  The only ones who could, in theory, egoistically benefit from this are Tier 2.  Except, Tier 2 DNGAF.  Tier 2 just wants to avoid getting dragged into Tier 1's arguments.

Edited by nitramadas

1 hour ago, nitramadas said:

I'm a designer, not an engineer.

I'm a designer too @nitramadas

Thanks a lot for your valuable info. Very helpful!

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, Shin said:

I even think we remove post count too.

It serves the same purpose than the reputation points, showing who has the biggest dick.

Except in that case it's based an nothing of worth, you can just spam useless messages.

Really just needs to show the name, a unique visual identifier, maybe what they value, their personalityposting tendencies, and their DM preferences.  

Stage would be included in "personality".

All of that would, of course, have to be well thought out so as to not create clutter.

Such information would be pretty useful.  E.g. Want to see how many Yellow/Turquoise INTPs are on the site?  Want to see if they have anything in common?  Want to message them but would first like to know if they like random people DMing them? 

Could be pretty educational.  

Edited by nitramadas

@nitramadas A kaleidoscope, look forward to playing with it ?

51 minutes ago, nitramadas said:

The worst thing that could happen is egos being exposed. 

Exposing the ego is arguably the best thing that could happen. The worst thing that could happen would be someone clamoring up the color ladder, pointing out how their color is higher than someone else's, and not understanding that every color is inevitable. :)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

What should I do if I want to go to the supermarket?

Hahaha nothing. The supermarket is already here bro. There is no distance 

xD

17 hours ago, QandC said:

@Someone here Actually horizontal distance is also an illusion because on the screen of perception it's all connected. 

Those are two different things. Each word here is connected to the other word. But there is a clear distance between them or they would be one. Zero actually. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Those are two different things. Each word here is connected to the other word. But there is a clear distance between them or they would be one. Zero actually. 

1 and 0 are mutually dependent. Neither can be without the other. Underlying both, beyond existence and non-existence, is the undefinable: Tat.

Edited by Moksha

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Hahaha nothing. The supermarket is already here bro. There is no distance 

xD

That's good cause I need some apples... Lol

19 hours ago, Someone here said:

Both?

You see the game your playing then. All distance is fake which makes it all as real as anything else .

3 hours ago, Moksha said:

Exposing the ego is arguably the best thing that could happen. 

Well, that's just proving my point.  Yeah, the worst thing that could happen would be pretty good. 

The worst thing that could happen would be someone clamoring up the color ladder, pointing out how their color is higher than someone else's

That's not really addressing my point though.  Should the G7 not exist?  Are you saying we should just have a G195?  Would that be productive?  Would you prefer it if noone pointed out the problems?  Someone has to take on that role.. 

clamoring up the color ladder

What did you mean by this?  Climbing up the ladder too fast?  Failing to climb up it?  Climbing it incorrectly?  Being eager to climb it?  

I actually think being motivated to be the best you you can be is a positive thing.  Oranges shouldn't be embarrassed, they should be motivated.

not understanding that every color is inevitable. :)

I feel like I'm having to repeat myself here.  THIS is PRECISELY why I said what I said.  I HAVE to be SO careful about what I say or you people turn hostile on me. 

** THIS **

*** THIS RIGHT HERE ***

THIS Is why I express my desire for a Tier 2 section.  So I don't have to put up with this BS drama.  You create it, then act all surprised and offended when someone points it out.

Edited by nitramadas

Gosh I hope I'm in the teir which is loving and understanding and accepting of 'lower' ones... Also which tier is good for contributing in lieu of complaining? Hopefully I can be in both tiers at once ?

When I get to the one where I'm above everyone else, please shake me off the ladder. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay