lmfao

What in the flying fuck is up with some of these new agers?

119 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, datamonster said:

Then what's wrong with religious fundamentalist beliefs or scientism? Aren't these also equally valid then?

They are wrong in the say way that pissing into the wind is wrong. You yourself will gripe at the suffering created by it. If you enjoy suffering from your own self-imposed limitations, by all means go for it.

No, not all imaginations are equally valid. Some are much more toxic, dysfunctional, and delusional than others.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I feel like this one is sorta harmless. It’s way healthier than people who try and pray their cancer away without taking any medicine. As long as it isn’t destructive or hateful I don’t mind if people want to chase some silly narrative to explain their existence, even though we all know it ultimately is absolutely nothing.

You guys asked @Leo Gura some really good questions in this thread. Well done! I have complied all the amazing nuggets of wisdom here. I wish we could get more information on the nature of the metaphysical part of reality, and less about the end goal (Godhead) itself. How is the Illusion structured? How does the architecture of the Dream look like? Where does Karma/reincarnation fit it? How to become better at manifesting material success by manipulating meta-aspects of reality? I'm sure psychedelics would allow access to these bits of information, that model helped him before, I don't see any reason it wouldn't now.

Compilation 1:

b423ad4c7356472d83d807877f19d7d5.png

ccd2fb5d2592423d8231d3d7e9880b7b.png

6dfa909b24f34e1d8fbddf0efd60df24.png

e9873ea2048a4eb2884db60e8d4eb734.png

a3567ac0222b4284a92f4f59ae675c68.png

a19c8c96d9ce4dfeaa9d7118ec1f5658.png

Release me.

@John Doe You can just click the Bookmark option at the bottom of each post and have it saved into your collection. You don't have to screenshot the stuff you like.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People can laugh, but I literally materialized Actualized.org into existence.

Damn. That’s beautiful, man. 

I have been visualizing and imagining myself to be somebody of massive wisdom and understanding in the future. I’m talking something grand. I’ve been dreaming about this since pretty much I was a teen. The content of how I turn out and the process to get there varied over time, but the general end goal was clear. Of course, many doubts and feelings of hopelessness arise.

Is this somewhat similar to how your process was to get to where you are now? 

@Keyhole Holy fucking shit that was intense lmao. I only got up to 4. there, you wrote a lot. << Was everything in these brackets something you were channeling?>>. When did you write all this? . Also, what is channeling? Is it letting an energy possess you and run wild (so there's minimal premeditation, hesitation, or input from the regular personality otherwise), whilst surrendering the other energies?

That was quite articulate and lateral, with the sheer volume of images and metaphors you were throwing at once, pretty impressed tbh. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I got disturbed vibes from your large post. Depersonalisation / derealisation / dissociation vibes I feel from it. How are you feeling? 

Back to what you wrote in your first two messages as well. What are these high level "downloads"? Is it where closed doors in your consciousness open up, and you experience a new quality(s)/dimension(s)? I've had that before, but that I don't visualise or feel or sense other entities. 

I've had insights before or mystical experiences, so I'm trying to probe what exactly is meant by this whole alien thing. Where does the idea of entities or aliens come from? I've heard people see elves and aliens when on DMT. So I get that aspect, but is there anything else which points towards these entities?

10 hours ago, Keyhole said:

I became conscious of it after being visited by an alien twice when I woke up I spotted it, and afterwards.... I don't really know I just sort of.... Die.

Is this your main experience of them?

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Girzo I tried it, but It excludes the quoted text that he is responding to, so you have to click on the link to view the full post. I really wish the forum software API could accommodate that feature. Can't be too hard to implement.

Release me.

It sometimes takes a weird ass epically fantastical story to break the mundane everyday story. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 07/11/2020 at 6:57 PM, PurpleTree said:

It was a pretty deep/cool vision though

I felt like some kind of sayajin or something like that, who has lived on different planets for thousands of years

So you were a monkey then and a monkey now?
----
Meanwhile, on planet zeta reticulum X-96E

"Dude, I had this crazy ass vision I was an intelligent ape in a past life"
"Stop speaking nonsense, only Squirrels have the faculty of reason " 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 11/7/2020 at 1:51 AM, lmfao said:

I'm talking to this person about their spiritual beliefs.

Until -example person- realizes this to be an oxymoron, spirituality, for them, is doomed.

There are crazies in every group no matter how niche or broad, including spirituality centered ones.

At least something like this is relatively benign and just provides some good laughs, instead of blowing up school buses full of children or burning down businesses during riots.

hrhrhtewgfegege

28 minutes ago, Roy said:

There are crazies in every group

They aren't crazies. They are just imagining a relatively different POV than you are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

At least something like this is relatively benign and just provides some good laughs, instead of blowing up school buses full of children or burning down businesses during riots.

True. We really need to distinguish between extremely 'open-minded' belief systems and the awful things that happen when New Agers go off the rails. (Like defaming everyone as a pedophile, promoting extreme-right politics, utilising dangerous medical practices, Holocaust denial/anti-Semitism, etc.) This applies to any belief system. All are harmless in moderation.

I have no final opinion on the alien stuff - and that's after decades of interest in the topic. Good to see different ideas shared.

20 hours ago, No Self said:

True. We really need to distinguish between extremely 'open-minded' belief systems and the awful things that happen when New Agers go off the rails.

What's key to this work is a phrase called "grounded openness" I got from Ralston. Most people rarely even approach the true essence or master any of those words, let alone both those words. 

Despite those two words being seemingly paradoxical, they completely go together in their true essence. If you're completely grounded, you have to be extremely open since you know how much you don't know. 

You can find many people all over the Internet who are high in openness, whether they're intellectual or artistic, etc. But they are often not grounded.

I've seen many examples of this. One pattern I've seen a few times is when I see people talking about non-duality, spirituality, psychology, but you can completely see that this isn't real to them. It's almost like they don't believe what they're even saying. To them it's a whimsical fantasy, very different to an earnest truth seeker who is dead serious. Extremely wishy washy, aimless and dithering. A lack of sincerity and vitality. The lack of vitality and 'immediateness' is due to the fact that they don't have direct experience with the topic. 

Another pattern I've seen of high openness people are just verbal autists, who are completely stuck in their own head of concepts and logic that they miss what's right in front of them. Like, they get into the dumbest semantic debates and are completely disconnected from direct consciousness, emotions and their body. Completely stuck in concepts and arguing with concepts, and have no capacity for anything else. 

Conspiratorial people and believers of fringe ideologies aren't that high in openness in my experience. They're just misguided. On average they're more open perhaps, but many are not. 

Edited by lmfao

On 7.11.2020 at 9:36 AM, No Self said:

The New Age belief system is essentially an exercise in conflating fantasy and reality in order to appease the inner child.

Wanting to feel special through putting itself on a pedestal (separation?)

On 8.11.2020 at 7:42 AM, Keyhole said:

what I understand most alien life has evolved through consciousness similar to what humans are doing and so you find them by raising your consciousness or if you have a different structure in your brain that allows you to access them sometimes they'll communicate in that way.

The thing is, how do you differentiate something you imagine and something that is "real"?

On 7.11.2020 at 11:20 AM, Member said:

what the hell is happening with all the Hollywood movies? Almost all the superheroes appear as fallen stars. I've been obsessing over this mystery for years.

Do you mean like the sun or famous people?

On 7.11.2020 at 6:50 PM, lmfao said:

I don't know whether it's because suggestions of chakras were implanted in my mind that I get experiences where my chest or forehead tingles. Experiences of chakra and kundalini, I wonder whether these things would exist whether I believed in them or not

My personal experience is that I didn't believe in energies and then on my vipassana retreat I felt a pulsing sensation at my forehead. The buddhist monk leading the retreat said that it is the 3rd eye. The interpretation is the story you create. Sure, without the story I would have gone crazy while searching in conventional science for an explanation.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Keyhole Fair enough. I probably won't go out my way to do lots of research and practice for experiencing aliens. It would be a tricky journey, and my main focus is enlightenment. If it comes up it comes up.

4 hours ago, Keyhole said:

The fact is that these entities will basically tell you just to go straight for enlightenment.  

So you would basically be going off of your trail to find them just for them to be telling you that you should have been doing that in the first place.

What if these entities could tell you what to do for enlightenment? Have you ever experienced that... like straight info in your face without doing any research?

9 hours ago, Keyhole said:

I noticed in another thread you mentioned that you're practicing Memento Mori well that happens to be exactly the place that you need to get to in order to have these experiences so it's possible that you may end up finding something in the future and if I'm still on this thread and that happens to be the case let me know because I have a few resources that can help you work through it on your own without needing anyone else's interference.

Will do if that happens haha