SamC

How often does ego backlashes generally happen?

25 posts in this topic

The first few months of my journy was awsome, then I hit my first ego backlash. After this my mood and life started  fluctuate a lot more. Now my life in general consist of a couple of weeks feeling happy followed by a couple of days of an ego backlash ( down). Sometimes it can even be more up and down than that - where I can experience bliss and peace one day to then feel super anxious the next day ( spells of depression/ mood swings)

My question is therefor, How often does ego backlash generally happen? What is your experience with ego backlashes? How do you guys motivate yourself when you experience mood swings going from high conciousness to low conciousness?

P.s 

I meditate 40 min everyday + wim hof method.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

7 minutes ago, Member said:

How do you recognize that you're experiencing a higher consciousness?

I feel peaceful and unbothered by my thoughts, emotions and life and that I am the awarness. Everything feels perfect as it is and then the next hour or day baam, I am dragged back to low conciousness and my old self (anxiety, fear, temptations, cravings, judging, old beliefs ect)

@SamC It can cycle. One of the best ways of gauging your current level of consciousness is to check how much gratitude is present in your experience. You can perhaps short circuit this by intentionally focusing on things to be grateful for while you're in a low state - or just remain aware of the various mind states that arise while you're in these low states, but make sure to be grateful for your ability to do that! And remember to complement/appreciate yourself for your ability to remember to do that.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, SamC said:

My question is therefor, How often does ego backlash generally happen?

After ego death.  When it is seen through.  It does not like to be killed off or to be uncovered as an idea.  Because basically its you -  as you are a collection of thoughts and attachments and a sense of self - that dies.   So on return how do you think that feels :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Are you familiar with the Law of Rhythm of the Kybalion? 

Recently I had a death experience. Now I'm going through the ego backlash. I'm barely meditatating even for 15 minutes, my cravings for sugar, sex and masturbating have increased dramatically. 

How to deal with it? Just try to be aware of it. Unfortunately society, your friends, family etc will make it more difficult to do. 

14 minutes ago, Vlad_ said:

Recently I had a death experience. Now I'm going through the ego backlash. I'm barely meditatating even for 15 minutes, my cravings for sugar, sex and masturbating have increased dramatically. 

How to deal with it? Just try to be aware of it. Unfortunately society, your friends, family etc will make it more difficult to do. 

I feel identified except the sugar. After the experience I spent several days with hardly any sleep thinking about everything that in my life was not as it should have been, impossible to meditate in 15 days, just thinking about sex and drinking alcohol every day ... At the end the river returned to its course by itself

The answers on here are weird as fuck, very indirect. 

I personally experience ego backlashes every week (so 1 week will be very very high levels of consciousness, godhead, etc and then the next week ill be extremely agitated like I've got a mental disorder). Its been like that for the past 3 to 4 years. If you're better then that, you're all good.

You dont need to motivate yourself, the ego backlash will pass and you'll naturally go back to inquiry. 

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

I feel identified except the sugar. After the experience I spent several days with hardly any sleep thinking about everything that in my life was not as it should have been, impossible to meditate in 15 days, just thinking about sex and drinking alcohol every day ... At the end the river returned to its course by itself

Bro, I couldn't sleep only for one day, because I had some kind of voices in my head, so I thought I had lost my mind. 

One day you enter the God mod, but the day after you start worrying about female's pussy. It's so weird.

13 hours ago, The0Self said:

@SamC It can cycle. One of the best ways of gauging your current level of consciousness is to check how much gratitude is present in your experience.

Interesting. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

After ego death.  When it is seen through.  It does not like to be killed off or to be uncovered as an idea.  Because basically its you -  as you are a collection of thoughts and attachments and a sense of self - that dies.   So on return how do you think that feels :)

Yeah fuck, we just keep on dying lmao

12 hours ago, Barbara said:

Are you familiar with the Law of Rhythm of the Kybalion? 

Nope, what is it?@Barbara

11 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I personally experience ego backlashes every week (so 1 week will be very very high levels of consciousness, godhead, etc and then the next week ill be extremely agitated like I've got a mental disorder). Its been like that for the past 3 to 4 years. If you're better then that, you're all good.

Interesting @electroBeam . Is it the same type of thoughts that come back when you experience ego backlashes or have you let go of some the neurosis that you started with. ( have your ego backlashes changed or is it the same stuff that mer på coming back)

11 hours ago, electroBeam said:

You dont need to motivate yourself, the ego backlash will pass and you'll naturally go back to inquiry. 

True

10 minutes ago, SamC said:

Interesting @electroBeam . Is it the same type of thoughts that come back when you experience ego backlashes or have you let go of some the neurosis that you started with. ( have your ego backlashes changed or is it the same stuff that mer på coming back)

Usually you're aiming for something on the path, so aiming for some experience or result. To aim for something you need to make assumptions about what you're aiming for. And with those assumptions comes a lot of belief baggage. After having an insight or awakening or whatever, you realize all of those assumptions are wrong. Its natural to feel amazing and just awesome moments during and after the awakening, but its also just as natural to feel angry or agitated or depressed or upset about how all the effort you put in, and changes you made to your perspective of life, has now gone to waste because you will never get what you're aiming for because it was never there in the first place(as it was just an assumption). There's really no way I've found to overcome that, you just need to get pissed off and ride through it. But if you find something that works let me know. And also ego backlashes aren't bad, they are just experiences to ride through, it even makes life fun. Would be boring if life was happy happy happy all the time.

I find the term ego backlash very unhelpful. As if you could ever get past survival, beyond having your needs met.

There are times when it's quiet and there are times when it's not. I was never in control to begin with, so why focus on the urge to control the amount of control that I want?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

16 hours ago, SamC said:

The first few months of my journy was awsome, then I hit my first ego backlash. After this my mood and life started  fluctuate a lot more. Now my life in general consist of a couple of weeks feeling happy followed by a couple of days of an ego backlash ( down). Sometimes it can even be more up and down than that - where I can experience bliss and peace one day to then feel super anxious the next day ( spells of depression/ mood swings)

My question is therefor, How often does ego backlash generally happen? What is your experience with ego backlashes? How do you guys motivate yourself when you experience mood swings going from high conciousness to low conciousness?

P.s 

I meditate 40 min everyday + wim hof method.

“Ego” loves nothing more that this credit. What’s actually transpiring...would be my approach. Aware of what is actual, no more roller coaster. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SamC I've never perceived as backlash the ups and downs of the normal personal development routine. I've experienced backlash tho, after my first Vipassana. It was an intense experience so I guess it's normal to experience it. I know a lot of people also experience it after psychedelics. It's the Default Mode Network, DMN that gets repressed and shrinks during psychedelics for example, and when it ends, tries to go to his normal activity and size. Some say that DMN is responsible for the sense of the self, so when it grows again, we experience ego backlash.

But, the Law of Rythm: 
"Everything flows out and in; everything has its tides;
    all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests
    in everything; the measure of the swing to the right,
    is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm
    compensates" -The Kybalion.

So everything in life when goes up, also goes down. There will always be a swing forward and backward, it's a pendulum-like movement. This manifests in all areas of life, even the little things. Knowing the law is knowing the cause and effect. If you take this knowledge with you and deepen it, you will see and experience it :) 
Wish you the infinite best