justfortoday

How I Induce Non-Dual States

98 posts in this topic

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

There is even an exercise where earth is concerned 9_9

Edit:

If you focus and do exactly as he says for some hours, you're gonna be terrified ;)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

40 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And now you deny my own direct experience. How convenient that you can freely cherry pick between everything to your own liking.

@Mikael89 Ok, bro, now, seriously, isn't your direct Experience made of the following? :

Sensations, thoughts, sight, sounds.

Where exactly right now lives the truth of you "being a pathetic unloved body" apart as as a thought???

Because as far as I know "being a pathetic unloved body" is not a sight, is not a sound, ..etc is a thought. I mean I hope we can agree on that. (be free to let me know if you think otherwise)

When you are having the thought of "I need to put prepare me some coffee" where the hell the thought of above exists?

So if being a pathetic human being exists as a thought, and sometimes that thought doesn't arise in your direct Experience, could be we say that that thought is not you ?

If "I need to prepare myself some coffee" is a thought, and sometimes that thought does not appear, could we say that you are NOT the thought "I need to prepare myself some coffee?"

Then my question is, why you believe you are the thought "I am a pathetic vulnerable human being"?

Truly curious. Really.

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't know.

The thought "I like blue", how does that thought feel? Does that have anything to do with the actual experience of looking at something blue? How does that feel? Is it possible that "I like blue" is just a thought, that actually has nothing to do with the actual experience of the color blue? 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

My direct experience is that I'm not God, that Reality is the opposite of Love, that I'm a pathetic small limited meaningless isolated separate bounded imprisoned unloved depressed lonely body made of fragile flesh, and.. well, my direct experience is basically the opposite of what you guys claim is true. According to you I'm God, infinite, Reality is Love, etc.

Yup. And that's precisely how it feels from you point of view. A godhood forgotten. Why does this goddamn reality cause this to itself? Damn, better make some pancakes. What?  Well, you're not obliged to do anything. You're free to eat pancakes. And live in hell. This sounds terribly out of tune. Pure chaos. Yet we find harmony in music. Could there be any scars from the past preventing you from letting go? I feel you. The mental mind sucks. Better find love in flowers.

What is  direct experience? Is it using our senses to experience things firsthand? Or is it something else? If it's the first case, then it would be the last thing I would trust.

Edited by An young being

7 minutes ago, An young being said:

What is  direct experience? Is it using our senses to experience things firsthand? Or is it something else? If it's the first case, then it would be the last thing I would trust.

Then you're lost, cause it's the only thing that will ever be true for you ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

Then you're lost, cause it's the only thing that will ever be true for you.

If I am blind, is it true that the world is black?

14 minutes ago, An young being said:

Yes for you. The world has no inherent color. You are hallucinating your entire life. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

13 minutes ago, An young being said:

That would be your reality yes ☺

God is love

And God in them

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes for you. The world has no inherent color. You are hallucinating your entire life. 

That would mean it's a hallucination and not the truth and the senses aid the hallucination. 

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

That would be your reality yes ☺

If I put a red tinted sun glass, the whole world becomes red. And that would be my reality. But is it the true nature of the world? If I lose even one sense, the other senses tell me something is there in the world I perceive and it remains the same whether my senses get switched on or off. How do you justify that?

3 minutes ago, An young being said:

That would mean it's a hallucination and not the truth and the senses aid the hallucination. 

If I put a red tinted sun glass, the whole world becomes red. And that would be my reality. But is it the true nature of the world? If I lose even one sense, the other senses tell me something is there in the world I perceive and it remains the same whether my senses get switched on or off. How do you justify that?

I'm only telling you that whatever is in you direct experience is what is true, everything else you can think of is pure imagination and projection from the human mind.

If right now you don't see your hand, it doesn't exist, at best there are sensations, but if you look carefully, you're imagining that those sensations are your hand, in reality there is just sensations.

If your best friend or gf/bf isn't near you, he/she doesn't exist, literally, and I insist, LITERALLY.

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, An young being said:

There is no objective truth.  There is only a hallucinated truth. Individually or collectively.  

Ex.  Is the sun moving or stationary?  Actually it's neither and both.  It's only one or the other relative to who is hallucinating it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I also get to the same technique naturally while walking! What a coincidence.

But I framed in a different way: I am not walking and looking at the landscape but the landscape is looking how i walk (it is like I am the landscape and I, as a landscape, am observing how the body is moving). When I got it I entered in al altered state of consciusness.

Edited by RedLine

It only sounds crazy when you want life to be real.

Once you question fundamental assumptions as we've talked, then you're not so sure anymore ...

And if the world is not as real as you thought it was, maybe ... you're not as real as you think you are ?

?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Today I was able to subtly feel the screen of awareness with this.

I could see that whatever is outside the screen is being materialized almost instantly.

Very good technique :)

God is love

And God in them

@Shin had the same experience!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Another method to induce this realization, is to watch a movie/show, and directly realize there is also 3D in it, except it's flat for you.

In the same way, try to realize that there is 3D in your experience, but really, the screen of awareness is also flat.

AHAH FLAT 3D

THERE IS NO DEPTH UNLESS YOU BELIEVE IN IT xD xD xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them