justfortoday

How I Induce Non-Dual States

98 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@justfortoday

Very cool. This can also be noticed while driving. If you look at the road or buildings etc it is very convincing you are moving. But when you look at the interior of the vehicle, relatively, it’s clear that you are not actually moving. Then you can extrapolate one more step prior in seeing that the body is like the buildings. 

Makes me think of in sitcoms, the characters sitting in the car and the scenery moves past them ?

tenor-1.gif

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Shouldn't we just accept that no experience can be trusted? With no exceptions.

Isn't that the highest teaching?

Time after time it has turned out that experience is lying.

Trust is relative.

You trust science because it gives you more proof logically.

You trust direct experience because it seems realer to your mind self.

Science has proved that mind cannot be trusted because it is very good in making illusions.

Direct experience has proved that science cannot be trusted because it was not able to explain the logic behind consciousness and still struggles to do so.

In the end, it's like this: Science starts somewhere in the middle, which is our logical brain and tries to reach the end of zero and infinity which it can never seems to achieve. Direct experience of reality puts us straight to infinity but using only our logical brain does not help to explain clearly how it gets linked with our logical world.

So, to understand reality, you need to use science to grasp the meaning of direct experience, atleast to the extent human brain can comprehend.

This is amazing, thanks for sharing. I have another technique which can be quite scary at first because it doesn't give you that peace of mind. Try to envision the world as being your body, instead of seeing it moving by itself in your awareness field. The same way when you're moving your hands or feet, the world appears according to your will or image. The difference is that you don't see it happening or moving by itself and it gives you unlimited power over the world. For example, when you're not lucid dreaming, the things appear to happen naturally without you influencing anything but when you become conscious that you're dreaming, the rules start to change according to your will. I think the same thing applies to reality as well. Only that it's so radical and scary that it's more comfortable staying a human ?

56 minutes ago, Member said:

This is amazing, thanks for sharing. I have another technique which can be quite scary at first because it doesn't give you that peace of mind. Try to envision the world as being your body, instead of seeing it moving by itself in your awareness field. The same way when you're moving your hands or feet, the world appears according to your will or image. The difference is that you don't see it happening or moving by itself and it gives you unlimited power over the world. For example, when you're not lucid dreaming, the things appear to happen naturally without you influencing anything but when you become conscious that you're dreaming, the rules start to change according to your will. I think the same thing applies to reality as well. Only that it's so radical and scary that it's more comfortable staying a human ?

When it's in a dream you can always rationalize that it's just in your brain and that it will stop when you wake up.

But this ... ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 hours ago, An young being said:

Trust is relative.

You trust science because it gives you more proof logically.

You trust direct experience because it seems realer to your mind self.

Science has proved that mind cannot be trusted because it is very good in making illusions.

Direct experience has proved that science cannot be trusted because it was not able to explain the logic behind consciousness and still struggles to do so.

In the end, it's like this: Science starts somewhere in the middle, which is our logical brain and tries to reach the end of zero and infinity which it can never seems to achieve. Direct experience of reality puts us straight to infinity but using only our logical brain does not help to explain clearly how it gets linked with our logical world.

So, to understand reality, you need to use science to grasp the meaning of direct experience, atleast to the extent human brain can comprehend.

What is prior? Science or direct Experience?

1 hour ago, Shin said:

When it's in a dream you can always rationalize that it's just in your brain and that it will stop when you wake up.

But this ... ?

This is a collective dream but you can still control the dream. I have no doubts about it ?

11 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I knew someone would say that. And the answer is.. no.

How do you know that you're not trusting in experience?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't trust in experience.

How do you know?

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't. I don't know.

Good.

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

No it's not.

How do you know?

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

But there has clearly been countless experiences which has turned out to be delusion.

Name one (for you)? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Carl-Richard How do you know it's good?

Knowing is experience. You said you didn't trust your experience, and I asked "how do you know that?", and you replied with "I don't know". I replied "Good", because you showed consistency in your answers.

Whether or not you claim to trust in your own experience, "trust" is still a duality. Whichever part of that duality you choose to go with, you still have to know that. Experience still stands.

@Mikael89 You're confusing limited experiences for Experience itself; the relative and the absolute.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Mikael89 You're confusing limited experiences for Experience itself; the relative and the absolute.

Exactly right +1

One thing is sure though.

You exist, whatever that "you" really is.

Don't you want to know what that (you) are ?

God is love

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

The earth seems to be flat. 

Then it's flat. For you. 

The sun etc. seems to be moving, not earth. 

Then it's moving. For you. 

I have experienced things which haven't been true. 

Impossible. And hilarious. If you did experience them.. How can they not be "true".. What does true mean for you? Matching your thinking or the fact that it is present to your direct experience? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

One thing is sure though.

You exist, whatever that "you" really is.

Don't you want to know what that (you) are ?

Nothing and everything.  First grade stuff ?

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It's clearly not true that the earth is flat, etc.

Accepting all experience as Truth is like being a flat earther, but even worse than being a flat earther.

Is it ?

Did you go to space or really high in the sky with a plane ?

If not then how do you know it's not flat ?

God is love

And God in them