arlin

Why is consciousness not an illusion

106 posts in this topic

No bro you go into Aztec warrior mode... you're obviously missing something ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@zeroISinfinity  brother I love you and I got what you were saying...its noted

Look and see that maybe by constantly seeking or having the feeling the love needs to be added... you're missing out on what's already here.

The unconditional love of THIS!! Regardless of outcome ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yes exactly love Barry White consciousness non-duality....it's it ❤

17 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes exactly love Barry White consciousness non-duality....it's it ❤

Yes it's Actual Love. 

Do you want me to make exception and share my non duality videos with you? 9_9

Could fire things up in Marriage. ;)

Well Still better then Jim Newman by far. xD

Just joking I don't really mean anything bad. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Dude I'm not your scapegoat to post your random videos....❤

Just post some pictures of some yummy Serbian food. 

Food is the gateway to a man's heart and a pregnant woman for that matter.

No one enters the gateless gate so come as a delicious food dish ❤

Just now, VeganAwake said:

Dude I'm not your scapegoat to post your random videos....❤

Nothing random about them.Actual non duality. Well just following Leo's advices. 

Well do indeed scapegoat or to get 2nd objective opinion before I get public with them.:o

Nah.... 

Just post some pictures of some yummy Serbian food. 

Add this to your dreamboard and come here and try it yourself. You won't regret it. 

Food is the gateway to a man's heart and a pregnant woman for that matter.

Now this brings some recent traumas. Cut off before it's to late. Well it is. I do agree on this. 

@mandyjw You heard this? Call him out on patriarchy. 

No one enters the gateless gate so come as a delicious food dish ❤

Now this is funny. xD

More fun more jokes more humor. That's much more closer to the Truth of what you really are. ;)

@VeganAwake If nothing needs to be done none of us need to comment. Nothing is free, freedom is a feeling. We're all bound up in prisons that are important for us to have in order to feel any freedom that we experience. A skull is a prison to the brain, skin is a prison to the bones but these are good kinds of prisons because in their protection they allow for a sustained freedom, we also don't have freedom of thought when our brain controls the degree of thought, but by degree we have felt freedom inside those constraints. We experience life analogous to a first person character game, no character has freedom beyond the limits imposed on him/her/it.

Edited by Origins

11 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

@Gesundheit  thank you for your explanation :)

You're welcome.

@Gesundheit  

No i would say that you can't point to conciousness, what is being aware of being aware? You can never point to it cause it is prior to everything somehow, if you take away all senses what is it left then?

An awareness of existing, but somehow it can't turn around and point to itself, sometimes i feel like iam just a dot in the head, but what can then be aware of it? It is just a strange endless loop somehow.

Yeah, I don't know why some people jump to conclusions out of these simple facts.

I'll add that consciousness seems to be limited to itself and cannot know what's outside of itself. But it seems to have the ability to project itself outwards onto things and claim ownership of them, where in fact, that's never proven.

@Gesundheit 

But i am not sure that consciousness is all that there is, it might as well been from evolution and we live in a finite universe and all will return to the blackness, the entire universe and nothing will remain.

I don't know what consciousness has to do with the universe being finite or infinite. This is the thing that spiritual people take for granted and accept without questioning, because they privilege their subjective experience over the "objective" reality. It simply could be the case that consciousness is an evolutionary kind of thing and at the same time the universe is infinite. I don't see any causation/relationship between the two. But of course we like to create stories about everything.

@Gesundheit  

But it becomes really questionable after a real deep psychedelic trip, why does it feel like i am GOD? How can i get so profoundly deep insights into what conciousness really is? Or what reality is?  Like it was preprogrammed in the mind.

Why and how? I don't know. Maybe it's a simulation where you can trick yourself into thinking that you are God. Who knows?!

@Gesundheit  

That makes you lean towards that consciousness is all that there is and it is infinite,  but after a while your back to ego self and the finite feeling comes back, it might be a survival thing cause deep down we know we are finite or it might be that deep down we know we are infinite and we have always been here but it is fucked up to be infinite and never die and be one being in "existence"  so we want to experience how it feels to die.

Not necessarily. These conclusions are what's popular among the current spiritual circles. But remember that we're still highly developed apes after all. This means that our understanding may still be very crude and that we don't actually know as much as we claim we do. Maybe in another 100 years, people will look back at our spirituality (non-duality) and view it as we view religion (external God).

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit Consciousness =Love=God=You

Made it easier for ya. ;)

Leave simulation for Neil and his brainstorms. ;)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Mu_ Sorry to disappoint you, my friend. Some people think that I'm a devil, and some say so. Some people think that I'm deluded, and some say so. And a lot of other people don't even care to rank me. However, I'll let you know that I'm below stage Beige in Spiral Dynamics, and below the Symbiotic stage in the 9 ego developmental stages. The truth is that I don't know jack shit. Thank you.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

@Mu_  The truth is that I don't know jack shit. Thank you.

Good. Now just feel. Ain't no away. ;)

@ProserpinaGoodness rampage for today done. ✔️

Was enough harms my pride. ;)

See I am changing. :ph34r:

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity Good job *hearts* 

I'm doing mantras.  Trying to slowly infuse my day with sun rays so I can become the sun.  

???????

12 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@zeroISinfinity Good job *hearts* 

I'm doing mantras.  Trying to slowly infuse my day with sun rays so I can become the sun.  

We will make it baby. We will make it. ? 

Slowly, slowly until you become black sun. 

Oh yes forgot. Tell Joseph to start watching anime asap. His ticket back on this forum. ;)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, Origins said:

@VeganAwake If nothing needs to be done none of us need to comment. Nothing is free, freedom is a feeling. We're all bound up in prisons that are important for us to have in order to feel any freedom that we experience. A skull is a prison to the brain, skin is a prison to the bones but these are good kinds of prisons because in their protection they allow for a sustained freedom, we also don't have freedom of thought when our brain controls the degree of thought, but by degree we have felt freedom inside those constraints. We experience life analogous to a first person character game, no character has freedom beyond the limits imposed on him/her/it.

Exactly, and freedom is in the recognition that the character is illusory.❤

55 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

@Mu_ Sorry to disappoint you, my friend. Some people think that I'm a devil, and some say so. Some people think that I'm deluded, and some say so. And a lot of other people don't even care to rank me. However, I'll let you know that I'm below stage Beige in Spiral Dynamics, and below the Symbiotic stage in the 9 ego developmental stages. The truth is that I don't know jack shit. Thank you.

I don’t think your a devil but I think you perhaps have made some conclusions to early about life that have been done in frustration around enlightenment and what’s possible. I’m giving you a push in that direction. live in the absolute recognition you don’t know rather then having some beliefs of why and what is possible, then it may become apparent what you didn’t notice. 

@Mu_ well i don't know anything really but im just afraid that if i explore consciousness no matter how many things within it i realize, it will always be a "im conscious of", that implies separation and so it's an illusion. Getting more lost in the dream than ever. @Gesundheit

@Shin what i talked about is not about what consciousness is. It is about recognizing that to be conscious of anything, implies separation and so it's a dream. For example, to be conscious of this moment, implies to be separate from it. To be more conscious, it still implies ti be separate from it. Only now you have made it seem like it's a bigger deal. A bigger dream. Im afraid if im going through this i will just make the dream bigger. 

22 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

@VincentArogya@VincentArogya

22 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

@VincentArogya

21 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@arlin afraid of getting lost in ‘what’?  you lost?  You found?  Do you know enough to even be worried what could go wrong or right?

sounds like you have a saying in a bible your afraid to break, rather then knowing if it’s even true to begin with. 

Youve been indoctrinated in a nondual ritual in which you believe the rules of the game are not to get stuck in illusion, to not be in separation, not to be in a dream, without even knowing what that means or if it has any connection to actuality. 

No different than if I told you the number one rule is to avoid space otherwise you will be living life wrong,  and you going around thinking this and that about space and how to get away from it or not get stuck in it and feeling anxious it since seems to be everywhere, when in reality what I said wasn’t true to begin with.