Leo Gura

The Rich Man's Burden

20 posts in this topic

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think you need a certain type of psyche/ego to become incredibly rich. It seems like most rich people aren't really that interested or concerned with bettering the lives of others. I think there are exceptions for sure but I can only think of a few stage yellow CEO billionaires. They are few and far between. 

@Lyubov who do you think of when you say that?

leo mentions becoming a high value provider, in which musicians and people like elon musk fall into. 

Genesis 27:27-29

@Leo Gura Lmao, this is why we need more Conscious people in business & high-earning positions, only a matter of time! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

They're mostly orange 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

28 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I think you need a certain type of psyche/ego to become incredibly rich. It seems like most rich people aren't really that interested or concerned with bettering the lives of others. I think there are exceptions for sure but I can only think of a few stage yellow CEO billionaires. They are few and far between. 

Most rich people ARE more competent, conscious, and productive than most poor people. This is especially true if they have self-made wealth.

But that only goes so far. As 99% of all people in general, rich people are terrible at questioning the self-serving nature of their own worldview because one's worldview is built from the ground up to serve one's survival.

Rich people are not masters of their minds or their psychology. Obviously. Since they spend most of their time climbing the ladder of success, which has nothing to do with self-awareness or moral development.

What poor people do not understand is that being rich does not solve the issue of survival whatsoever. Not at all. It only transforms survival into a more complex and abstract domain.

You will have exactly the same number of problems when you're rich as you did when you were poor. They will just be a different set of problems. This is hard for most poor people to understand since they like to blame their problems on material conditions without realizing that problems are a deep core function of the ego-mind, not material conditions.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Most rich people ARE more competent, conscious, and productive than most poor people. This is especially true if they have self-made wealth.

But that only goes so far. As 99% of all people in general, rich people are terrible at questioning the self-serving nature of their own worldview because one's worldview is built from the ground up to serve one's survival.

Rich people are not masters of their minds or their psychology. Obviously. Since they spend most of their time climbing the ladder of success, which has nothing to do with self-awareness or moral development.

What poor people do not understand is that being rich does not solve the issue of survival whatsoever. Not at all. It only transforms survival into a more complex and abstract domain.

You will have exactly the same number of problems when you're rich as you did when you were poor. They will just be a different set of problems. This is hard for most poor people to understand since they like to blame their problems on material conditions without realizing that problems are a deep core function of the ego-mind, not material conditions.

I think most rich people are more competent and productive but maybe only marginally more conscious. Seems like a lot of lower tier rich people just fall into ridiculous mind traps like this woman and then are able to fall back on the comfort of their wealth to keep them from examining them and growing.

45 minutes ago, DreamScape said:

@Lyubov who do you think of when you say that?

leo mentions becoming a high value provider, in which musicians and people like elon musk fall into. 

Bill Gates has some yellow shades to him but to be honest I haven't really done a study of his current dealings so I can't say for certain. He seems like a deep systems thinker and has a grand scheme for human development.  

30 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Seems like a lot of lower tier rich people just fall into ridiculous mind traps like this woman and then are able to fall back on the comfort of their wealth to keep them from examining them and growing.

Perhaps so, but she is still more conscious than the typical poor person.

A poor person has to work for decades just to reach her level and fall into her mental traps.

41 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Bill Gates has some yellow shades to him but to be honest I haven't really done a study of his current dealings so I can't say for certain. He seems like a deep systems thinker and has a grand scheme for human development. 

Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, and people alike are weak examples of stage Yellow business leaders.

A REAL good example of a stage Yellow billionaire would be Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Patagonia. His clothing business has a purpose connected to sustainability and doesn't sacrifice its values for the profit, while other big multinational corporations are just greenwashing without changing their core structure. He also supports advent of other conscious organizations by partnering with the B Corporation movement and having created the 1% for the Planet pledge.

Other "rockstar" stage Yellow CEO would be Jos de Blok, this guy was a nurse and disgusted by profit driven tactics in the healthcare industry has setup his own organization, where there are no managers and people work in self-organizing teams. It's growing like mad and overtaking the market in the Netherlands, while other countries are trying to copy the model because it's both so good for the patients and effective financially.

I have many other examples, we can start a new thread if someone is interested, heh.

The reporter is too harsh in my opinion and distorts the meaning of what she says. She wants to create a dialogue, even if she's presenting herself with a victim mindset. A dialogue that could make interesting stuff appear. I see honesty in her words, and responsibility for creating harmony. However this attitude comes from her not seeing how people view her. She seems to not understand how poor people will react. And the reporter is missing that she is unaware of this, thus being IMO too far judgmental. 

Or maybe she is aware of the possibile reactions of poor people, but then she's not being wise.

The problem is ridiculous, and I can see that it can be met with anger, shock or even hatred, but I still see a women suffering who wants to be understood. Even though she wants to be understood by the very people who will judge and blame her because of what she wants to be heard about.

So a bit pointless.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

1 hour ago, Superfluo said:

I still see a women suffering who wants to be understood.

Of course

It was just an example of the bubble of self-importance rich folk live in. It's like complaining about how hard it is to own and manage 3 mansions.

It's clever though how she found a niche in catering to millionaires like her who have difficulty handling their wealth. Just the fact that such a niche exists -- meaning that there are thousands of such millionaires who would be interested in her book -- is a condemnation of the sorry state of the late-stage capitalist system we have.

Taxes, taxes, taxes.

She should travel to a peaceful poor country, but not as a tourist sight viewing and stuff, just to live there. She'll be fine in a month.

It's funny. I bet you could become a millionaire just by creating a series of books, videos, podcasts, and workshops about how hard millionaires have it in society today.

Millionaires would eat that shit up like pigs at the trough and ask for seconds.

@Leo Gura

Pretty much. People are becoming the parodies of theirselves.

I bet some people even became average rich by selling courses/books/etc. on how to make money selling courses/books/etc. on how to make money

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

5 hours ago, Superfluo said:

I bet some people even became average rich by selling courses/books/etc. on how to make money selling courses/books/etc. on how to make money

Flithy rich

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura What's your opinion on her opinion?

I think she makes an interesting point and her thoughts are valid because we do alienate rich people and deny all their problems because we're jealous of them being rich.

Obviously there are bigger problems in life and some people are literally starving on the streets but doesn't mean their problems are non existent. Isn't there a lottery winner phenomenon where winning multiple millions with the lottery is statistically more likely to ruin your life rather than help it?

I think when we eventually evolve beyond capitalism we will recognize it as an extremely bizarre stage in human development.

I live in Toronto and it's definitely a late stage capitalism wonderland. Everytime you go out downtown you see about the same number of Lambos and Ferraris as you see homeless people sleeping outside.

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nice summary. However, some of the rich are disproportionately wealthy for obscure reasons far different than the measure of their intellect. Often it’s due to the contextual factors they were privileged into or the social milieu from which their apparent intellect is incubated. Not something one with a lower socioeconomic status has the privilege to experience nor the fair chance to compete with.

I would say the rich are sufficiently pre-programmed often through no intent of their own.

I like what your summarised here, although I suggest there is much ambiguity in the polarity between the rich and poor which is very complex and hard to simplistically categorise.

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 24. 9. 2020 at 2:44 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's funny. I bet you could become a millionaire just by creating a series of books, videos, podcasts, and workshops about how hard millionaires have it in society today.

Millionaires would eat that shit up like pigs at the trough and ask for seconds.

Great idea, thanks.