Kazman

Understanding Nothingness on Weed

27 posts in this topic

Hi!
After having powerful experiences on heroic doses of psilocybin mushrooms, weed has gotten seriously psychedelic for me.

As long as I take a moderate dose and not a really low one, I can get into fractal energetic yoga, and I realize that everything are just appearances and stories that are timeless and non-existent. It feels like insanity, but it's an insanity that realizes that the sanity it contradicts was just an illusion that never occured in the first place, which led me to start calling it Insanity with a capital I.

In my day to day consciousness I don't feel all too enlightened which is why I find it remarkable that a little bit of sativa can get me so far. Is anybody else having seriously spiritual awakenings from moderate doses of marijuana?

Some links:

This is the thread about my heroic dose that I think opened me up to reach these stages: 

This is what I mean when I say fractal energetic yoga:

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Nice work!

To answer your question, one of my first major mind-jarring experiences occurred from a strong dose of edibles in 2016. Something like neti-neti happened at the peak of the experience and somehow blasted me into an inner space that felt like a singularity in consciousness. This was accompanied by a flash of some kind of visual appearance vaguely similar to the new actualized logo. All while I was rolling around on the floor xD

Context: In the years prior to this experience I had experimented with a psychedelic once, and had experimented with various meditation techniques (SDS, neti neti, mindfulness with labelling). Maybe these things can potentiate it significantly. Never heard about such strong experiences from smoked though.

Edited by oysterman
accuracy

Yes, lots of people report this.

Weed affects people differently.

In his book, Steven Martin -- the comedian/actor -- talks about how he smoked weed once his first time and it expanded his consciousness so much that he got freaked out and vowed to never do it again.

He had no framework for making sense of what happened to him. He was just expecting some fun high but was shocked by an existential spiritual trip which he did not want. This sort of thing probably happens a lot more often than people report. They just have no idea how to make sense of it so they keep silent about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Neat :)

I've been having deep maddening insights on good weed too, especially on eatables.

But not before I did changa or acid. Weed can be very different after psychedelics.

It looks to me like the more serious psychedelics open up the pores and channels of your mind and because of that weed induced consciousness can go deeper. Might be wrong idk, that is how it seems to me.

20 hours ago, Kazman said:

Hi!
After having powerful experiences on heroic doses of psilocybin mushrooms, weed has gotten seriously psychedelic for me.

As long as I take a moderate dose and not a really low one, I can get into fractal energetic yoga, and I realize that everything are just appearances and stories that are timeless and non-existent. It feels like insanity, but it's an insanity that realizes that the sanity it contradicts was just an illusion that never occured in the first place, which led me to start calling it Insanity with a capital I.

In my day to day consciousness I don't feel all too enlightened which is why I find it remarkable that a little bit of sativa can get me so far. Is anybody else having seriously spiritual awakenings from moderate doses of marijuana?

Some links:

This is the thread about my heroic dose that I think opened me up to reach these stages: 

This is what I mean when I say fractal energetic yoga:

Understanding reality on weed:12065_1000x1000.jpg 

Understanding reality with 5meo, mushrooms and other psychedelics: 

jMoIR-1200x800.jpg 

Understanding reality with meditation (no drugs):

Mountain%20Bike%20(landing%20page).jpg 

Understanding reality with Brahmacharya: 

84635.jpg 

Understanding reality by reading Actualized.org forum: 

image.jpg 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Leo Gura When I first smoked weed I had a full blown panic attack because I started to feel out of body and nothing felt real any more. It then lead to a few years of having to deal with depersonalisation.

If you look online probably at least half of the depersonalisation disorder community have had it triggered by a weed experience. Some people, it just does not jive well with their hardware.

@Joel3102 Do you think that depersonalisation can lead to awakening? Feeling out of body and feeling like nothing is real can freak out egos, but they are aspects of the emptiness of reality that can lead one to deeper awakenings. Awakening freaks out clingy egos.

I am only curious because I have had horrifying depersonalisation episodes in the past (triggered by intense meditation and self-inquiry) that I eventually learned to integrate into utterly amazing awakenings. Insanity with a capital I, to use @Kazman's phrase. Amazing Insanity. AMAZING INSANITY.

9 minutes ago, oysterman said:

@Yog Agreed.

@Dodo lol. Do psychedelics not work well for you?

psychedelics let you peak through the window. You might break in. You are not invited. Only sincere seekers are invited in and can stay. If you are sincere it doesnt matter what means you take, you get there. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Understanding reality on salvia:

crazy-cycle-01.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@oysterman @Alex Trusk I think it can be a potential pathway. Discovering non-duality helped me because it gave me a conceptual framework to understand my experience of nothing feeling real.

However keep in mind awakening and DP/DR are different things, and to me in some ways feel opposites. DP is a dissociative response to stress and anxiety as a coping mechanism, however becomes a disorder when you start ruminating on it and it becomes an endless cycle. Awakening feels more like full connection to everything as opposed to DP which feels like disconnection from everything. 

This is why I only smoke for personal development. I can't smoke it recreationally anymore after doing psychedelics. I kinda miss this but it's probably for the better. I also think modern weed is too strong sometimes. I smoke one hit of flower from my tiny bowl pipe  (more than enough) and lie down and do some breathe work if I feel like it. It's a good way to have a psychedelic experience that isn't too intense. It makes me feel sort of foggy the next day though. 

Edited by Lyubov

Weed fucks with me after psychedelics.

After the first time a did shrooms (only 1.7 gs but I'm pretty lightweight) I just felt like I didn’t need to smoke weed as much. 

I was a pretty heavy toker. Also when I would smoke the effects were much better after shrooms. Then I went back to smoking full time lol.

Did shrooms again (same amount). This time I kept smoking weed regularly buuuut it started hitting hard. After a couple weeks of just ‘powering through’ the intensity (I was pretty addicted to weed - got rid of all of my paraphernalia and quit a bit ago though) one night I took one baby hit and was sent into full blown God mode. Scared the hell out of me but for some reason I did it again two more nights. 

I knew what I experienced was not bad, I just wasn’t ready for it and it was also a wake up call to stop wasting my time smoking so much weed. 

honestly though as scary as it was I knew what was going on.

I was infinite. I could zone into anything. But much like when I was on shrooms I could also feel how I was absolutely nothing. 

It felt like a non-material consciousness version of George Lopez sifting like water through experience.

7A1A947C-65FB-4847-A449-D1A626736982.jpeg

@BlackMaze I cried so many times after I quit smoking weed regularly. But in a good way. In a way I knew was coming but wouldn’t happen if I kept numbing myself with weed.

@mw711 yeah the good experiences are what lure you in but what ends up happening is that it becomes an escape mechanism to hide from your emotions. This is what happened to me and still happens with smoking. 

I still smoke weed occasionally but almost always alone and only a little to enjoy music or other things more and to think more deeply about things

Edited by BlackMaze

thanks everybody!

Ha, this thread took off like none other, I’m very pleased.

@Leo Gura I’ve read that book but didn’t think too much of his anxiety attack. Just re-read that passage, seems like his ego was struggling through its toss into the great abyss. 
Here it is, for fun:

MY LIFE HAD BEEN ALTERNATELY inching or leaping upward: I was proud of my job on the Smothers Brothers’ show. I had some cash. My sex life was abundant and selfish. Things were rolling along nicely when I experienced a crushing psychological surprise. One night I was off to the movies with my friends John McClure, George McKelvey, and his wife, Carole. We were going to see Mel Brooks’s The Producers, and we decided to smoke a little pot, which had become a dietary staple for me. So now I was high. In the car on the way to the theater, I felt my mind being torn from its present location and lifted into the ether. My discomfort intensified, and I experienced an eerie distancing from my own self that crystallized into morbid doom. I mutely waited for the feeling to pass. It didn’t, and I finally said, “I feel strange.” We got out of the car, and John, George, and Carole walked me along Sunset Boulevard in the night. I decided to go into the theater, thinking it might be distracting. During the film, I sat in stoic silence as my heart began to race above two hundred beats per minute and the saliva drained from my mouth so completely that I could not move my tongue. I assumed this was the heart attack I had been waiting for, though I wasn’t feeling pain. I was, however, experiencing extreme fear; I thought I was dying, and I can’t explain to you why I just sat there. After the movie, I considered checking myself in to a hospital. But if I went to the hospital, I would miss work the next day, which might make me expendable at CBS, where my career was just launching. My friends walked me along Sunset again, and I remember humming, “Whenever I feel afraid, I hold my head erect and whistle a happy tune” from The King and I. I spent the night on George and Carole’s couch in absolute terror. I kept wondering, “Am I dying?” but was more concerned with the question “Do I have to quit my job?” I survived the night and struggled in to work the next morning. I was not relieved, but I was calmer; I confessed to Bob Einstein what had happened and found that as soon as I discussed the symptoms, they arose again with full intensity. However, I somehow maintained my implacable façade. The cycle was unbreakable. Any relief was followed by the worry of recurrence, which itself provoked the symptoms. After a few weeks, a list of triggers developed. I couldn’t go back into a movie theater, and I didn’t for at least ten years. I never smoked pot again, or got involved in the era’s preoccupation with illicit substances (I’m sure this event helped me avoid the scourge of cocaine).

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Yea I had a psychedelic experience from unbelievably potent weed  on the beach that put me straight into no-mind, no-self samadhi only to realise that I literally created the entire universe, granted there were a lot of factors that lead to this, but fuck me people shouldn't underestimate weed man.