Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuckerwphotography

Everything happens for a reason?

18 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about the saying "everything happens for a reason," something I've always believed in...kind of in a superstitious way. I've always thought of synchronicities as signs to follow sent by the universe/consciousness. Like God sending hints to God to awaken God to God.

I'm starting to realize how this is all just perhaps a constructed story. Does everything actually happen for a reason, beyond a reason we give it in the form of meaning making? I'm not talking about in an absolute sense, like yes, everything happens for the reason of Love. I mean in the relativistic sense in which the expression is commonly used.

Perhaps on one level we could say that everything happens because of an infinite amount of things that happened before it, essentially cause and effect?

You can truncate that saying to "everything is". 

Reasons and meanings are misleading words, at its core everything is at a chain reaction with everything, so of course if I push my plate it will fall and break, what is the reason and meaning of that? The answer would piggy back to the beginning of everything, if there is such a thing.

This is, ultimately, the question of "is reality deterministic or probabilistic?". 

Consciousness provides us freedom within the choices we have.

Could consciousness even exist within a deterministic reality?

What's more likely to be fundamental, consciousness or reality? 

Could reality exist without consciousness? Could consciousness exist without reality?

What would be the point in a reality without consciousness? If the outcome is already known you're, essentially, in the past.  Looking through memories.  The present would be at "simulation complete".

Lastly, assuming reality exists for a reason, that there's an objective of some kind.  Would efficiency be at all important? A probabilistic model is more efficient by many many orders of magnitude.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

@Mafortu Thanks, that makes sense. I understand the literal physical acts of pushing plate, plate breaks, etc. But what about synchronicities or premonitions like having a dream about something that actually happens the next day? Or the crazy stories people often call coincidences like someone who is on his way to commit murder when suddenly he gets a flat tire. He reads it as a sign from God and it becomes the turning point in his life. Is the flat tire just a result of having a shitty car, and the timing is indeed coincidental, or are there deeper layers behind the concept of "everything happens for a reason"?

1 hour ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Mafortu Thanks, that makes sense. I understand the literal physical acts of pushing plate, plate breaks, etc. But what about synchronicities or premonitions like having a dream about something that actually happens the next day? Or the crazy stories people often call coincidences like someone who is on his way to commit murder when suddenly he gets a flat tire. He reads it as a sign from God and it becomes the turning point in his life. Is the flat tire just a result of having a shitty car, and the timing is indeed coincidental, or are there deeper layers behind the concept of "everything happens for a reason"?

The flat tire could be interpreted by another suicidal person as a sign that god is further mocking him. "Oh you thought you were having a nice ride somewhere? Think again!".

He could also think "if god wanted me to stop he would have sent someone, instead of giving my broke ass another bill I cant pay."

Thats the thing with reasons and meanings, they can mean a million things.

Everything is created the way it is for a reason. You can change that thing. And see why it is the way it is. 

Only after I try to make it different that I was shown why it was created the way it is. And I stop changing things. After knowing the wisdom behind it/everything. 

But this only applies to me and not necessarily others. For some are created to change. 

Edited by Ibgdrgnxxv

It’s just a platitude commonly used when a person falls victim to some unfortunate circumstance. It’s supposedly more comforting to say this than to say it has no meaning or that it’s a form of Love. I’m not a fan of the phrase, personally.

7 minutes ago, Willie said:

It’s just a platitude commonly used when a person falls victim to some unfortunate circumstance. It’s supposedly more comforting to say this than to say it has no meaning or that it’s a form of Love. I’m not a fan of the phrase, personally.

No. For example, I would complain "why book such an early flight schedule?" . Little did I know that it was for my spiritual insights that was planned for eternity. 

Why is someone like this? And when he/she is not being themselves, a hell happened. 

Receiving something that i've ordered late. = for the right timing. 

"I want to meet him." Receive an invitation. 

Admitting myself that I love a group of people/a sect, a hell happened. And later was given a manual by God. Unrelated to the people who give me hell. 

There is always a reason for everything. "Allah knows best"

I'm not sure if  you mean "cause" or "purpose" by reason.   But from the absolute perspective.. The cause of a thing and the "purpose" (the destiny) is itself.  Cause and effect is a duality. So sure conventionally we slice reality to a series of events into causes and effects.. But actually it's all  ONE happening. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You, consciously or unconsciously, have created and attracted to you everything in your life.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I believe everything had been pre determined for eternity :)

Based on the things that have happened. (I can conclude this)

On the things that haven't happened, you wouldn't know your destiny. (Although it had been determined.)

Edited by Ibgdrgnxxv

@tuckerwphotography

It’s all prior & beyond ‘reason’. The entirety of your experience is synchronicity. Unrecognized, we coin words like synchronicity. It’s slow so there can be experience, and so it doesn’t freak itself out or anything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The entirety of your experience is synchronicity.

@Nahm I remember riding a public bus one day about six months ago and having this experiential realization, "Whoa, life is all one giant synchronicity, and it's just a matter of whether we 'tune' into it or not." It was wild and hard to explain with words.

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s slow so there can be experience, and so it doesn’t freak itself out or anything.

I don't understand what you're saying ^. Do you mind clarifying? What's slow, and what do you mean by "itself"?

On 20/09/2020 at 7:01 PM, tuckerwphotography said:

I've been thinking about the saying "everything happens for a reason," something I've always believed in

I prefer: "Nothing is lost". In other words every single thing that happens to you has value: the good, the bad, the ugly and the ordinary. Same idea, different perspective.

All stories and explanations are false.

@tuckerwphotography

You created everything to yourself to have fun, the only reason ;) 
Now, you can recognize who you are, and create consciously, unconditionally to everything.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x