GreenWoods

Enlightenment without Psychedelics

70 posts in this topic

I unconsciously started with the letting go method of lester levenson. Coupled with vipassana on thoughts and emotions.

One day i did a strong determination sitting after shamanic breathing and no-self happened. (and btw scared the fuck out of me)

It's just confusing because some people say there is no causation to enlightenment and no-self realization but apparently, it happend this way...

I find in my direct experience now that the letting go functions more effectively after no-self. But you have to go slowly because the "no free will experience" 24/h freaks you out and you have to "embody" it slowly. The brain rewires itself.

Also, no-self itself can go deeper. In my experience.

btw: Letting go works more effectively after no-self/enlightenment/awakening however you want to call it.

Edited by arlin

@GreenWoods Is it possible to do hypnosis on yourself? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

13 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

RASA and reiki are two very different things.

Not-two...is already...not-two. If awareness is looking for not-two awareness, the first step would be not thinking, believing, and saying, there-are-two. (The first step is also the last step...steplessness, perhaps).

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Michal__ @arlin Thanks for contributing :)

15 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@GreenWoods Is it possible to do hypnosis on yourself? 

Yes, definitely. I guess you could say there are 3 ways of doing hypnosis:

• Going to a hypnotist
  • Listening to guided hypnosis (alone at home)
  • Freestyle on your own without external audio. 

It is recommended that beginners start with guided hypnosis (or hypnotist if affordable).

@GreenWoods Great thread, have you now finished your RASA journey & who did you work with, I think you said Ramaji? 

I worked with Ananda for like a year in total before finishing with her, and have then done 'here and there' sessions since, mainly to chat about Integration, Enneagram work & even becoming a 'teacher' when I'm ready, I'll forever be grateful for how much she helped me. 

@Nahm I reckon one day you'll get on board with the whole RASA stuff ;) But, I do get your points and how it can look with the numbers and what not, I've just never known anything to be as effective or direct as RASA for those who are ready for it. Although, I have my doubts on some of the RASA givers, although I'm going to be trained to give RASA throughout next year, and it's quite a rigorous process, so maybe that's unfair of me! 

But, genuinely I was completely stuck & driving myself crazy with Non-Duality videos, books & what not before working with Ananda, I guess that's why I vouch so hard for them, there's always going to be some bias when 'someone' has helped you that much, a little like a parent will always have bias towards their Children's abilities- Especially in sports!!!

You already know the benefits of working 1-1 with Students though, since that is literally what you do, and I think that will become a more standard practice for a lot of seekers. 

I mean if you look at most Lineages, awakening tends (not always) to come from working closely with a teacher- Francis worked closely with Jean Klein, he literally lived with him in summers, Rupert then worked closely with Francis etc etc. I'm personally not sold on the Retreat / Talking model completely, I think it has it's place, but I feel when there's 1 teacher & 100+ students on a Zoom call for example, it's nigh on impossible to get the attention you need & the answers to the ever growing list most seekers have. But, again, retreats certainly have their place and serve a purpose, I just think there could be a more direct way, even on the Direct Path ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

I agree with you, it’s just the branding that seems dishonest. Like selling RASA water. Been a participant of the transmissions in my sessions for a while now. Can’t say it gets old, but it is now delightfully ‘normal’. What do you think, should I just ‘brand it’? Am I overthinking this? Being nieve? Maybe being ‘too protective of the love’ or something? It seems reiki, light / love does suffice, and a ‘NahmSA’ lol seems whatever another level of spiritual ego might be called. It strikes me as positioning one’s self inappropriately, dishonestly. Likewise, we know there are no ‘levels’ of infinite being, and it seems the book with the levels is a brilliant marketing strategy to sell the water. Especially since “he is the one who determines the levels”, see what I mean? Or no? What will you do in a year in this regard? 

5 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

You already know the benefits of working 1-1 with Students though, since that is literally what you do, and I think that will become a more standard practice for a lot of seekers. 

I mean if you look at most Lineages, awakening tends (not always) to come from working closely with a teacher- Francis worked closely with Jean Klein, he literally lived with him in summers, Rupert then worked closely with Francis etc etc. I'm personally not sold on the Retreat / Talking model completely, I think it has it's place, but I feel when there's 1 teacher & 100+ students on a Zoom call for example, it's nigh on impossible to get the attention you need & the answers to the ever growing list most seekers have. But, again, retreats certainly have their place and serve a purpose, I just think there could be a more direct way, even on the Direct Path ;) 

totally agree there, Nahm and Ananda have helped me a lot in the past, way better then books and impersonal videos that's for sure. Although you need to always keep in mind that you're your own guru because ultimately the only one who can teach you is you.

@Nahm I reckon one day you'll get on board with the whole RASA stuff ;) But, I do get your points and how it can look with the numbers and what not, I've just never known anything to be as effective or direct as RASA for those who are ready for it. Although, I have my doubts on some of the RASA givers, although I'm going to be trained to give RASA throughout next year, and it's quite a rigorous process, so maybe that's unfair of me! 

IME RASA is BS, so everyone is different. I didn't feel anything from the RASA from ananda, what was super valuable from her was her perspectives about my situation. Obviously I don't represent everyone. But I certainly don't see how RASA does anything. Maybe I'm just too sceptical. 

I still have a problem with transactional spirituality. Someone's guidance and time are valuable resources that money can sometimes be exchanged for everyone's good. But RASA seeks to quantify and sell what is like the light of the sun. 

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, 'You owe me. ' Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky." - Hafez

I admit that I have deeply naïve and romantic ideas about what spiritual communion should be like. I envision that it would be like going to a Thanksgiving meal, potluck style, bringing with you your favorite specialty dish to add to everyone else's, and you would sit and share and appreciate and there would be no thoughts of payment, or who owed who. Or I suppose you could skip all that and just go through the McDonald's drive through. I feel like we're going through an awkward time where that's all some have access to. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Spiritual Thanksgiving! Count me in. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

@LfcCharlie4

I agree with you, it’s just the branding that seems dishonest. Like selling RASA water. Been a participant of the transmissions in my sessions for a while now. Can’t say it gets old, but it is now delightfully ‘normal’. What do you think, should I just ‘brand it’? Am I overthinking this? Being nieve? Maybe being ‘too protective of the love’ or something? It seems reiki, light / love does suffice, and a ‘NahmSA’ lol seems whatever another level of spiritual ego might be called. It strikes me as positioning one’s self inappropriately, dishonestly. Likewise, we know there are no ‘levels’ of infinite being, and it seems the book with the levels is a brilliant marketing strategy to sell the water. Especially since “he is the one who determines the levels”, see what I mean? Or no? What will you do in a year in this regard? 

Yeah, I completely understand where you’re coming from to be honest. 

I think the “Branding” as such is just to spread the message, from my experience it’s all about awakening people, and the message is that RASA is simply a tool, along with the sessions to do that, and obviously they can only take on so many “students” (Ramaji is like 70 now I think) so the spreading of RASA is to make it available for more people. 

I think it was just branded RASA so people knew it wasn’t simply Reiki, but was a transmission of the un-nameable so to speak.

The 1000 model, while written by Ramaji comes from Hawkins book, and the motive originally was to show that Ramana & Nisgardatta are self-realised as he had them as not, from this, he then noticed patterns of certain teachings & “stages” of awakening, but it is simply A model, so is far from perfect, of course. 

However, it is very useful & often eerily accurate, at least in my opinion, for say understanding why Jim Newman talks a lot about nobody being there, yet Matt Khan focuses primarily on Love & then why Francis Lucille talks about the Absolute being all that is, and stabilising in peace & happiness. 

I think it’s more a tool, if you haven’t, I’d say read it, it’s like 600 pages & goes into great detail with lots of examples, at the least, it helps to understand why teachers are saying such different things, at its best it can help you on your own journey, or in your case, with your students.

The year is essentially like a mini apprenticeship, “learning the ropes” of what it takes to be an effective teacher, how to truly listen, how to actually help people etc, as well as deeply understanding the Enneagram & how this relates to awakening. An enneagram 7 (me) will have different questions & wants etc to an Enneagram 4, for example. 

I do get how it can look though, I was too, very skeptical before trying it. 

@electroBeam Yeah, you do have to “surrender” during it so to speak. 

Also, a bit like working out, one RASA session isn’t really going to do much, it tends to take a full year of fortnightly (ish) sessions to “finish” seeking, depending on ones background.

But, yes YOU are your own guru, always. In fact, R & A always emphasise this and constantly say the age of the guru / disciple relationship is long gone & ineffective. A little like how Rupert called it “Spiritual Friendship” and that is what I see it as, “students” is just a more practical term.

Then theres the integration, which never ends ;) 

And, then there’s the fun of living life! ;) 

@mandyjw I do sympathise with this, and also used to think like this, but after all being a “Spiritual Teacher”, if it is ones full time vocation will require some sort of payment to fund general life. 

As they say, chopping wood & paying the rent still carries on post awakening. 

I would also strongly disagree that RASA is selling the sun, RASA is simply a transmission that helps people realise their true being, and awaken, just like any other “practice” out there, Ramana Maharshi “invented” self inquiry for those not ready for the silent teachings (transmissions), and inquiry is amazing & necessary for the majority of people, however, the final “answers” are always & only found in true silence, and once you find that silence & the questions evaporate (along with the I-thought) that is when you know, you’ve arrived home.

Although, Francis Lucille talks about getting in touch with the natural law of abundance so you aren’t relying on income from teaching, which I think is a great point, and one I strive for myself. 

At the end of the day, all I can speak from is experience, and reading 1000 & receiving RASA for a year quite literally transformed “my” life beyond words, and I will be forever grateful. 

I would just say to anyone, to read the book & try it for a few months, then go from there, that’s what I decided to do. Otherwise it’s a little like saying something doesn’t work, without ever using it properly, which I don’t personally think is fair. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

39 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Yeah, I completely understand where you’re coming from to be honest.

Appreciate your response, thanks. 

I think the “Branding” as such is just to spread the message, from my experience it’s all about awakening people, and the message is that RASA is simply a tool, along with the sessions to do that, and obviously they can only take on so many “students” (Ramaji is like 70 now I think) so the spreading of RASA is to make it available for more people. 

I think it was just branded RASA so people knew it wasn’t simply Reiki, but was a transmission of the un-nameable so to speak.

Would love more clarity on this. How is RASA (“Ramaji Advaita Shaktipat Attunement”) not Reiki (“light, love”). If there is no difference, what is the intention of ‘people knowing it is not reiki’ (as in not the true nature, love & light). 

The 1000 model, while written by Ramaji comes from Hawkins book, and the motive originally was to show that Ramana & Nisgardatta are self-realised as he had them as not, from this, he then noticed patterns of certain teachings & “stages” of awakening, but it is simply A model, so is far from perfect, of course. 

Again, much appreciated. Wondering...do you find any difference in feeling when considering Spira’s models & metaphors which serve to deconstruct duality & demystify ‘states of consciousness’ in the vein of realization of nonduality, in comparison to the model Ramaji offers which states separate people have levels of consciousness? Do you feel this misleads & feeds into the materialist paradigm in any way?  It seems to imply to consciousness is measurable as a property of a separate self, which (‘who’) can ‘increase it’. Why would a teacher ‘play along’ with such a falsity? Making a confession seems very different that making a model that be default is the confession. Seems so misleading, thoughts? 

However, it is very useful & often eerily accurate, at least in my opinion, for say understanding why Jim Newman talks a lot about nobody being there, yet Matt Khan focuses primarily on Love & then why Francis Lucille talks about the Absolute being all that is, and stabilising in peace & happiness. 

Accurate of consciousness...or accurate to Ramaji’s interpretation of separate selves which have levels of consciousness? See what I’m saying here, or no? Isn’t the assumed basis incorrect and misleading? It is literally feeding beliefs “I can raise my consciousness”, no? Is there a benefit to encouraging these beliefs that I’m missing perhaps? 

I think it’s more a tool, if you haven’t, I’d say read it, it’s like 600 pages & goes into great detail with lots of examples, at the least, it helps to understand why teachers are saying such different things, at its best it can help you on your own journey, or in your case, with your students.

No offense I hope, really, but isn’t the “my students” thinking misleading & divisive? If not, how so? Again, seems rooted in a separate selves model from the start. No?

The year is essentially like a mini apprenticeship, “learning the ropes” of what it takes to be an effective teacher, how to truly listen, how to actually help people etc, as well as deeply understanding the Enneagram & how this relates to awakening. An enneagram 7 (me) will have different questions & wants etc to an Enneagram 4, for example. 

Is this not already the true nature of consciousness...? It seems like adding layers, measurements, identification, beliefs, and teaching models. No? 

I do get how it can look though, I was too, very skeptical before trying it. 

Can you really ‘break it down’ for me...how is what I’m saying skeptical, vs common sense?

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

How can you compare what jim enwman says with others?

Jim newman speaks only because other's ask him to, as he says, it's a response. Not because he wants to (as i know).

His is a non message and does not even aknowledge somebody, let alone somebody to help.

All those others you mentioned like matt khan and francis lucille all offer A HOPE and a solution to the problems of the individual. And maybe even a path to awakening which jim says there is no path, because to say that it implies separation already. And somebody who can get there.

His message, trust me, it is not to help somebody otherwise i think he would be more compassionate and less cold. And he, like tony parsons, refuses totally to compare the message with others even if seemingly "similar". 

What do you think about him?

Edited by arlin

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Appreciate your response, thanks. 

Would love more clarity on this. How is RASA (“Ramaji Advaita Shaktipat Attunement”) not Reiki (“light, love”). If there is no difference, what is the intention of ‘people knowing it is not reiki’ (as in not the true nature, love & light). 

Again, much appreciated. Wondering...do you find any difference in feeling when considering Spira’s models & metaphors which serve to deconstruct duality & demystify ‘states of consciousness’ in the vein of realization of nonduality, in comparison to the model Ramaji offers which states separate people have levels of consciousness? Do you feel this misleads & feeds into the materialist paradigm in any way?  It seems to imply to consciousness is measurable as a property of a separate self, which (‘who’) can ‘increase it’. Why would a teacher ‘play along’ with such a falsity? Making a confession seems very different that making a model that be default is the confession. Seems so misleading, thoughts? 

Accurate of consciousness...or accurate to Ramaji’s interpretation of separate selves which have levels of consciousness? See what I’m saying here, or no? Isn’t the assumed basis incorrect and misleading? It is literally feeding beliefs “I can raise my consciousness”, no? Is there a benefit to encouraging these beliefs that I’m missing perhaps? 

No offense I hope, really, but isn’t the “my students” thinking misleading & divisive? If not, how so? Again, seems rooted in a separate selves model from the start. No?

Is this not already the true nature of consciousness...? It seems like adding layers, measurements, identification, beliefs, and teaching models. No? 

Can you really ‘break it down’ for me...how is what I’m saying skeptical, vs common sense?

I'll go through these one by one, but before I do, I feel it would be much easier to get a grasp of RASA & Ramaji's teachings by simply reading 1000, as your understanding of it is not at all what the book or the teachings are about, at all. 

And, if you don't want to read 1000, read No Mind, No Problem, it's a much more practical book, and goes over how to investigate your mind to identify & see through / eliminate the I-Thought (what Ramana called the separate Self) and also includes a cool little 'Natural Pure Awareness' meditation that I love. 

I'm no Reiki expert, but isn't Reiki energy healing, and used for various reasons, relatively speaking. RASA is specific to Non-Dual awakening, the nuts & bolts of it is opening of the Crown Chakra & Stabilization in 'Non-Duality.' Yes, of course, THIS is all that exists, but let's be real, walk around and 99.9% of people are not conscious of their being, as Francis' quote below summarizes so well everyone is in 'the absolute state' but most are unknowing of this, and RASA like many other tools, help one realize this & stabilize in their true nature. 

Here's the link to the RASA description- https://www.rasatransmissioninternational.com/what-is-rasa

Again, reading 1000 will clear this up, but Ramaji is not literally saying a separate self exists, letalone that is at a certain LOC. The LOC  model is a relative model. Talking about Rupert's metaphors he says that Enlightenment is like Chapter 2 of a 12 chapter book, the LOC model is simply guidance on these 'Chapters', just like the 10 Ox Herding pictures, in fact before going into the model, he goes over all of the different models / maps of awakening. This isn't a new thing, traditions have done this for centuries in one way or another, and the Zen one is most popular. 

So, no, it does not play into the materialist paradigm, as Ramaji states that The Absolute / The Self is ALL there is, the LOC model is simply referring to how conscious one is of that, as we both know, Ramana Maharshi & Adolf Hitler in Essence are one & the same, YET, one is far more conscious of their true nature, and as a result acts very differently. 

Yes, I think you are seeing the LOC model as a rating of a separate individuals LOC, when it is simply a 'marker' of how much one is conscious of their own being, just like the 10 Ox-Herding pictures, that's all it is. In fact, like any model, it needs to be let go of when one reaches that point, just like the teachings do.

As I said, 'Students' is misleading yes, but we have to use words to communicate don't we? Students is perhaps an outdated term, maybe you can say your helping yourself awaken, or you're simply spiritual friends, but I'm not trying to be semantic, students is usually just the easiest way to word it, but the words aren't really important if one knows what you are pointing to. 

I personally think it's skeptical as you have a complete misunderstanding of the model, and of their teachings. It is simply a tool used to help beings awaken, just like you may recommend to someone you work with a certain inquiry question, or a meditation technique to help them realize what they truly are and always have been. 

I mean this quote direct from the RASA page, I don't see how in any way indicates anything such as a separate self-

'The issue of "other" gets fully resolved. You know directly and intimately even when you are talking to people face to face that they are your very own Self. They are your Self... my Self... the Self... the One Supreme Self.'

Just to be clear it is nothing at all to do with separate selves, it is literally a model regarding the depths of awakening, and no such model could ever be perfect, but it is ultimately about helping people realize & awaken to their absolute nature & get a better understanding of Non-Duality. 

Regarding the teaching part, I would again say no. Awakened or not, people have personalities, you have a personality on a human level, and so do I, the Enneagram helps to understand what makes different people tick, what holds people back etc, so I don't understand what you mean by extra layers. If anything, it helps you understand what will be most effective for that being on their own journey, so will cut out a lot of the unnecessary fluff in the long run. And, like any vocation, teaching is a skill, just because one is awakened, does not mean one is able or even ready to teach. 

Francis also talked about this in this article- https://ericplatt.com/on-being-a-teacher/ , he also talks about it on his BATGAP interview near the end if I remember rightly, and Rupert also talks about how teaching is a skill. 

Oh, and the reason I don't think what you're saying is common sense, is because you don't really understand Ramaji & Ananda's teachings, and see them as part of materialist paradigm and propagating the existence of an illusory separate self, which couldn't be further from the truth at all, and I think any kind of light reading of either's books will show you that, so I really hope you just read a few pages of Ramaji's books, or Ananda's book, Intimacy With The Infinite (even just for her awakening story, it is incredibly destructive and shows how powerful the pull to truth can be, when one is living such a 'fake' and inauthentic life, pre awakening) 

I think afterwards if you don't change your opinion on RASA or the model, you will at least see the teachings are rooted in helping people awaken to their true being. 

And, if not, well we can agree to disagree and still be great spiritual friends ;) WHo else am i going to pester with my LOA & Manifestation questions after all? 

2 hours ago, arlin said:

How can you compare what jim enwman says with others?

Jim newman speaks only because other's ask him to, as he says, it's a response. Not because he wants to (as i know).

His is a non message and does not even aknowledge somebody, let alone somebody to help.

All those others you mentioned like matt khan and francis lucille all offer A HOPE and a solution to the problems of the individual. And maybe even a path to awakening which jim says there is no path, because to say that it implies separation already. And somebody who can get there.

His message, trust me, it is not to help somebody otherwise i think he would be more compassionate and less cold. And he, like tony parsons, refuses totally to compare the message with others even if seemingly "similar". 

What do you think about him?

Jim Newman, in my view is a Neo-Advaitan. Teachings which seriously contrast that of true Spiritual greats such as Ramana, The Buddha & Nisgardatta. It lacks any sort of heart & love, and to be honest, I find it very cold & it is simply watered down Advaita

Your comments regarding Francis Lucille to me show a lack of understanding to his teachings, and the teachings of the direct path. He is in fact not talking to an individual but is helping the apparent separate self, see that the separate self is an illusion, and not only see what one is not, but see and stabilize as what one truly is, as well as seeing truly what 'exists' and that The Self / Absolute / Awareness is not only what you are, but is quite literally the fabric of existence, and ALL that is. 

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I think these half-baked teachers as Francis Lucille & Rupert Spira call them really need to awaken to infinite Love & the absolute before even considering teaching. I'd recommend reading the article above that goes into more detail about it. 

Personally, I think saying 'There is nobody there, nobody to suffer & no path' while absolutely true, often does very little relatively speaking to help a seeker who is suffering, and that is where discernment and skill come in to teaching. That answer may be exactly what one being needs to hear, but simply repeating variations of that at every satsang just isn't it, at least to me. 

But, if it helps you, who am I to judge? If you're stabilized in absolute peace & happiness then the teaching has done it's job right? 

ANyways, here's videos on the topic- 

I would just say to anyone, to read the book & try it for a few months, then go from there, that’s what I decided to do. Otherwise it’s a little like saying something doesn’t work, without ever using it properly, which I don’t personally think is fair. 

I read the book. If you're not sold on the advertising, I don't think you have to buy the product in order to be able to judge it, if we put that as a prerequisite to judge something for ourselves we'd fall into so many traps and miss so many things that are freely available along the way. Of course to be fair, I'm can only judge for my own purposes based on my own desires and not for anyone else's.

13 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Jim Newman, in my view is a Neo-Advaitan. Teachings which seriously contrast that of true Spiritual greats such as Ramana, The Buddha & Nisgardatta. It lacks any sort of heart & love, and to be honest, I find it very cold & it is simply watered down Advaita

I've found Jim Newman to fit in perfectly with Rupert Spira and Nisgardatta's teachings. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

56 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

but isn't Reiki energy healing, and used for various reasons, relatively speaking

Thanks! I really appreciate the different perspective. Btw, no, reiki denotes ray (light) and love (the key), and is a term coined by Dr Mikao Usui which points to the actuality, vs naming love after one’s self, or as an ability. Same love. But I hear ya, it seems like this to a sleeper, I’m just apparently over cautious not to reinforce it, which I really appreciate you helping me see. I love the Francis quote, and also notice he doesn’t say ‘their being’, but ‘all that there is’. That’s kinda what feels off to me on their RASA. I’m sure their books are great but I think it’s a ‘where you’re at on the path’ matter really. Once the ‘perception’ jig is up...well...

56 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

And, if not, well we can agree to disagree and still be great spiritual friends

This is so always the case that it’s not even a point of contention, just topical. :x  You do help me to realize I’m unnecessarily sensitive to the ‘issue’, and therefore I’m the one making it an ‘issue’, and folks are just gonna do what folks are gonna do anyways as always. Thank you!

Sleep Yoga: Conscious During Sleep

It's hard to learn, but once mastered, it might perhaps be the most powerful tool for enlightenment.

You can spend your usually wasted sleep hours in deep non-dual awareness. Or taking 5meo in OBEs. 

Edited by GreenWoods

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

I read the book. If you're not sold on the advertising, I don't think you have to buy the product in order to be able to judge it, if we put that as a prerequisite to judge something for ourselves we'd fall into so many traps and miss so many things that are freely available along the way. Of course to be fair, I'm can only judge for my own purposes based on my own desires and not for anyone else's.

I've found Jim Newman to fit in perfectly with Rupert Spira and Nisgardatta's teachings. 

Yep, if it doesn’t resonate with you that’s fair enough, but simultaneously I feel you can’t give a “review” on something unless you’ve given it a fair go, is that fair? You might not look like the look of a certain food for example, but how can you judge the taste without ever actually trying it? 

Regarding Jim Newman, I disagree, I think he lacks the true understanding of love & the absolute that the other 2 express very eloquently. But, each to their own, if he helps you, then that’s all that really matters at the end of the day. 

@Nahm Yeah, I’m clueless when it comes to Reiki, I’d love to learn more if you can recommend any resources! 

@GreenWoods Awesomeeee, how did you find his teaching style? I only ever worked with Ananda. 

and, yes, but not until at least the end of next year, in no rush! 

@LfcCharlie4 hey, thank you for you long and detailed carefull reply.

Yes i also think that jim newman should awaken to some kind of love because it sounds cold. 

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Your comments regarding Francis Lucille to me show a lack of understanding to his teachings,

You are right in this regard, maybe i don't know him that much, but i just intended to say that they offer hope to the individual. This is key because newman's message charatteristic is that there is no hope.

He is in fact not talking to an individual but is helping the apparent separate self, see that the separate self is an illusion, and not only see what one is not, but see and stabilize as what one truly is, as well as seeing truly what 'exists' and that The Self / Absolute / Awareness is not only what you are, but is quite literally the fabric of existence, and ALL that is. 

Wouldn't this be a kind of hope for the individual? That awareness is the fabbric of existence so all is good? 

Why you make distinctions between existence and all that is? (could you explain it a little bit further if it was so, or maybe you meant they are the same thing.I know bashar made that distinction one time.)

Also very interestingly: If an individual has hope, he would be attached to the hope meaning he won't let himself go and surrender because he will expect something wonderfull to happen with enlightenment. Isn't this an obstacle to the realization of reality, and enlightenment?

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Rupert spira is all about peace and happiness while jim newman is about NO HOPE. And nobody to find it.

How can you say they are the same? 

I'm fairly certain that Neo-Advaita is a construct found more in some "teachers." Teachers like Mooji, Papaji (perhaps), Ramana Maharshi (though he was a bit more than just a teacher), Rupert Spira, maybe Paul Hedderman, maybe Adyashanti and Eckhart Tolle, and perhaps Gary Weber, etc. Most of them are "advocates." Advocates of self inquiry, to be specific.

Jim Newman is almost certainly in an entirely different category -- a category that, to me, seems to be comprised of characters like Richard Sylvester, Andreas Muller, Tony Parsons, and maybe even U.G. Krishnamurti... and perhaps Jed McKenna. A category completely beyond "saintliness." None of them are teachers, and if some of them somehow are, it's completely "under the table," as it were (though in many cases they just simply aren't "teachers" in any capacity whatsoever). In a way, they're talking about ultimate liberation, which is probably what Nisargadatta was talking about, it's just that Nisargadatta also was an advocate for self inquiry, so idk if he fits in here. Hell, I'd consider myself in this category, if it weren't for the fact that I myself occasionally advocate self inquiry, but only when questions or misunderstandings about it arise, since I've performed it to its apparent conclusion.