PenguinPablo

Too afraid to try anything... hopeless

14 posts in this topic

I graduated university a few months ago and have been "trying" to figure out what to do next with my life. I have a few ideas career wise but there's this sense in my experience that nothing is going to work out, just as it has not in the past and will very likely continue to be the same story. 

It sounds like you are in the limbo phase. I would not pressure yourself too much and overthink what you want to do. I did this for quite awhile and it seems to not get much results. What did you graduate for? Do you like that topic? 

This really helped me in that phase. 

True, nothing will work out. In the end, in a few years you will be dead and the earth will not be around anymore. Alongside all the accomplishments and careers of everyone that ever walked on it.

What does something need to have in order for you to "work out"? Graduating from college seems to have worked out fine.

Just find something you want to do and do it. Enjoy the process.

❤️

4 hours ago, universe said:

What does something need to have in order for you to "work out"? Graduating from college seems to have worked out fine.

@PenguinPablo I second this question. What do you mean by "nothing is going to work out"? 

Can you appreciate the things that have worked for you? Or are you seeking a solution to a particular problem, an emotion that doesn't have a name yet perhaps? 

Don't get paralyzed by indecision. It will never feel 100% perfect or like you're 100% ready. At some point you just have to start trying stuff though.

Are your careers something that you could try out at home for a few days to get a feel for it?

If you wanna be a writer or artist, spend a day drawing or writing the first chapter of a story. If you wanna be an accountant, open up some software like Excel and just start filling it out with examples as if you were really working for a business.

there's this sense in my experience that nothing is going to work out, just as it has not in the past and will very likely continue to be the same story. 

That's just a negative story that you tell yourself. But if you keep repeating it over and over, that's likely what you're going to end up with. Change your narrative.

23 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

I have a few ideas career wise but there's this sense in my experience that nothing is going to work out, just as it has not in the past and will very likely continue to be the same story. 

I'd like to bend your mind: Suppose you already know it's going to fail. Does it make it not worth trying? Who knows, maybe you are going to meet somebody along the way that may present you with a good opportunity. Or you learn valuable skills and experiences. Or you find the love of your life. God has far more creative ways to manifest than we can imagine. 

We either get something or learn something. There's no such thing as waste. I'm reminding myself of this every day. Keep moving step by step. When you feel stuck, any move is a good move. 

Forget where you’re supposed to be and what you’re supposed to be doing . Go get a job as a barista at a Starbucks or indie coffee shop somewhere cool. Work there for a year. Make some friends. Chat with people. Learn about life.
Quit that job and get another at some startup. Build some skills you think will help you. Take it all in. Learn from people around you.
When you know what you want, pivot and go for it. But until then just explore life. Save some money. Pay off debts. Don’t get credit cards. Be smart. Don’t lazy around at home playing video games. Work on yourself. Get good sleep. Exercise. Eat well. Read.

Don’t stress.

Live is a useless undertaking. Think to yourself that if you’re gonna live it, you may as well make it the best life you can live. Eliminate stress from your life. Have a plan and drown out the noise and just enjoy the journey.

@PenguinPablo You have to do some serious limiting-belief busting.

There's no way forward in life so long as your mind is full of those recirculating toxic beliefs.

I had to do a lot of busting of my limiting beliefs when I was starting out in this work.

The problem is, your potential in life is so monstrously huge that your mind will not believe it is real. It sounds too much like a pipe dream. The mind needs to be whipped into opening itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura How do you bust limiting beliefs?

By contemplating them deeply and questioning them and programming your mind with positive, empowering beliefs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

By contemplating them deeply and questioning them and programming your mind with positive, empowering beliefs.

I actually second this as well, it may seem like common sense but in order to bust through limiting beliefs you must both understand them and actually "force" yourself to to come up with better and positive beliefs and only focus on them. Its difficult but you must train your mind to act in this frame.

I recently went through this a while back when I told my clients my price for my services are being doubled. It took a while for me to believe my work was good enough for this price, but I kept challenging my beliefs and actively looked for ways to make them positive and come from a place of abundance.

Questioning and understanding your limiting believes and then beating the shit out of them with positivity is what I found works best.

@neutralempty Failure is the price of admission :) 

@Leo Gura This was last week. I'm all god now. Roughly speaking.

@Bando Dealing with similar shit. I've put a lot of time into learning some skills but still lack a bit of confidence to go out and get my bag.... or to get started really. Oh well, gotta do it one step at a time.

Edited by PenguinPablo

@neutralempty

Great concise video. Refreshing.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003