An young being

Is it possible to 'see' without using our eyes?

28 posts in this topic

Sure, we can have dreams and imaginations running in our mind and see it, but what about the external world? Can I see it closing my eyes by some means? Can I know who is standing in front of me without using my eyes or other common senses?

Take dmt,astral project...Many means but what matters is.. You can be without seeing.. Deep sleep is proof as well as closing your eyes.

A breakthrough dose of vaporized DMT will result in the construction of a world more intricate but as subjectively real as the world we usually inhabit, even with eyes closed. The metaphysical implications of this are intriguing but remain speculative.

Maybe the sensory seeing is just a metaphor for the real seeing...

2 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

What did you see? 

The room I was in and the furniture in it

If you mean from your physical eyes then no you can't see 100% through eye lids, other than the lighting. If you're referring to mind's eye, absolutely yes you can see beyond your closed eye lids to worlds and things you can't quite explain.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

If you mean from your physical eyes then no you can't see 100% through eye lids, other than the lighting. If you're referring to mind's eye, absolutely yes you can see beyond your closed eye lids to worlds and things you can't quite explain.

I have straight up seen my room and all the furniture in it through closed eye lids. Don’t know how but it’s true. In fact it was one of the first experiences I had that made me think somehow we’re all asleep to life somehow, and there must some kind of an awakening process. Like it happened for a reason.

14 hours ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Take dmt,astral project...Many means but what matters is.. You can be without seeing.. Deep sleep is proof as well as closing your eyes.

@Bulgarianspirit right, awareness is independent of seeing or any other senses, but can the sense of being alone enable us to feel what's around me, even if I am blind?

11 hours ago, Corpus said:

A breakthrough dose of vaporized DMT will result in the construction of a world more intricate but as subjectively real as the world we usually inhabit, even with eyes closed. The metaphysical implications of this are intriguing but remain speculative.

@Corpus Does the more realistic world with psychedelics consist of a single constant world with the same elements during a single experience or is it constantly changing abstractly?

5 hours ago, Pookie said:

You can astral project and turn around to see your corporeal body asleep with its eyes closed. So yes, it is possible. 

@Pookie are you able to do it?

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

I have straight up seen my room and all the furniture in it through closed eye lids. Don’t know how but it’s true. In fact it was one of the first experiences I had that made me think somehow we’re all asleep to life somehow, and there must some kind of an awakening process. Like it happened for a reason.

Did it happen naturally or during a particular incident or while using meditation / psychedelics? @The0Self

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

Have had it too, but I have not tested if it is just mind making stuff from memory  or no, there are to many areas and depths to discover. 

@An young being Naturally. About 5 years ago when I’d go to sleep at night. Many times but it was before getting in bed even, with lights low or off. Before any spiritual practice. Then started to do spiritual practices a while later and it happened again a few times.

2 hours ago, An young being said:

57 minutes ago, The0Self said:

2 hours ago, An young being said:

@Corpus Does the more realistic world with psychedelics consist of a single constant world with the same elements during a single experience or is it constantly changing abstractly?

My wording was "as subjectively real", not "more realistic". Your question implies only 2 possibilities. There are IME certain factors which have a bearing on the experience- these include dosage, rate of delivery, whether one has music playing, what ones intention for tripping is, and any subtle expectations. What unfolds can have a coherence which makes sense at the time ie some constancy with "sensible" evolution. At higher dosages this breaks down and it becomes incoherent yet not abstract/trippy-visualesque at all- one gets short-lived flashes of ultra-HD images which are like 4K photos of the real world and can be of the most mundane subject matter, yet are utterly immersive. 45mg of DMT using a convection device  if taken in one breath will produce this kind of effect. This is potentially very traumatic and not recommended, and also should cause one to raise ones eyebrows when reading reports of DMT trips of 40+mg which discuss insights and the like. Poor technique would be the explanation.   

Edited by Corpus
typo

Well yes, it is possible but is it worth the work? Especially considering what you see likely wont be always accurate, at least it wasn't for me.

I remember something sadhguru said about astral projection and communicating with someone remotely using the mind. He said yes it’s possible, but nowadays, it’s easier just to use a mobile phone. If you want to see, just open your eyes and it takes no time at all, rather than putting all this work in just to see your room with your eyes closed. More important things to work on.

@An young being from The Mind Illuminated

3. The Divine Eye, which allows the yogi to see through the eyes of other beings, and thus know what’s happening in distant places, and what will happen in the future.

I doubt it's real tho

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

19 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

@An young being from The Mind Illuminated

I doubt it's real tho

Isn't that just remote viewing? (though definitely a more advanced version of it) 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay