Lyubov

President Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

38 posts in this topic

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Belleau Wood is a consequential battle in American history, and the ground on which it was fought is venerated by the Marine Corps. America and its allies stopped the German advance toward Paris there in the spring of 1918. But Trump, on that same trip, asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” He also said that he didn’t understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies.

source: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

I'm not one of those "support the troops" kinda guys but it's just kinda hilarious to me that this guy is literally a stage red reality tv character that wants to be dictator and that there are still swarths of people who have painted themselves into a corner supporting this guy. he could literally probably throw a baby out a window and there would still be people defending him xD 

Edited by Lyubov

Beau made a video about it. 

Edited by Opo

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

he could literally probably throw a baby out a window and there would still be people defending him xD 

Fake news, that baby was an antifa super-solider. 

Seems like a coincidence that this circulating now, and not at the time of the commemoration of the dead in WWI. I am guessing they plan on using this as ammo during the debate with Biden given that one of Biden's sons, Beau who later died, served in Iraq.

The Atlantic, really did a nice hit-piece on Trump it seems, because of the timing and the fact that everyone is jumping on it so suddenly, for something that was said 2 years ago, and less than 70 days before the election, as if it reflects Trump's wholesome view on the US military servicemen in general. 

The publication and news outlet is indirectly helping the Biden election campaign with resurfacing this info now. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

Who is pushing these poor soldiers to their death? Yes they are fool and yes they died for nothing, or at least they died for a ¨red/orange¨ agenda.  

3 hours ago, Milos Uzelac said:

Seems like a coincidence that this circulating now, and not at the time of the commemoration of the dead in WWI. I am guessing they plan on using this as ammo during the debate with Biden given that one of Biden's sons, Beau who later died, served in Iraq.

The Atlantic, really did a nice hit-piece on Trump it seems, because of the timing and the fact that everyone is jumping on it so suddenly, for something that was said 2 years ago, and less than 70 days before the election, as if it reflects Trump's wholesome view on the US military servicemen in general. 

The publication and news outlet is indirectly helping the Biden election campaign with resurfacing this info now. 

Regardless of the timing or agenda behind the publication, the words apparantly were spoken by trump, so whats your assessment of his comments? 

58 minutes ago, Consept said:

Regardless of the timing or agenda behind the publication, the words apparantly were spoken by trump, so whats your assessment of his comments? 

It's a pretty irreverent comment to say to people who are dead and have died [sacrificed themselves] in a war because they thought they were serving and doing it for the safety and well-being of the citizens of their own country and the citizens that their country is in alliance with.

The issue is, it seems on the outset and from the most probable psychological motives for saying such a comment, exclusively viewed from his own narrow life experience and social standing perspective of having the status that he is successful in life, and I was probably wrong in saying:

4 hours ago, Milos Uzelac said:

as if it reflects Trump's wholesome view on the US military servicemen in general. 

since if the comment came from only his POV and life-experiences perspective it might signal contempt and detachment from regular people who allow themselves to be drafted into a war and die as a result of it, while he avoided the same fate by dodging his draft in Vietnam and went on to inherit and expand his father's real-estate, financial enterprises and win the nomination for president in 2016.

I am guessing that was what prompted him to say those comments, in order for him to detach himself and rationalize to himself why he avoided to get drafted in war that the U.S. engaged with North Vietnam in the 1960's and 1970's.

Edited by Milos Uzelac

2 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

It's a pretty irreverent comment to say to people who are dead and have died [sacrificed themselves] in a war because they thought they were serving and doing it for the safety and well-being of the citizens of their own country and the citizens that their country is in alliance with.

The issue exclusively viewed from his own narrow life experience and social standing perspective of having the status that he is successful in life, and I was probably wrong in saying:

since if the comment came from only his POV and life-experiences perspective it might signal contempt and detachment from regular people who allow themselves to be drafted into a war and died, while he avoided the same fate by dodging his draft in Vietnam and went on to inherit and expand his father's real-estate, financial enterprises and win the nomination for president in 2016.

I am guessing that was what prompted him to say those comments, in order for him to detach himself and rationalize to himself why he avoided to get drafted in war that the U.S. engaged with North Vietnam in the 1960's and 1970's.

However that still doesn't mean that today's publication doesn't have an underlying motive of tossing a low-ball political smear at him for the purpose of an election strategy for Biden, given how many people [including military personnel] from what I've seen on social media are up in arms, appeared to be hurt and outraged by it.

15 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

The issue is, it seems on the outset and from the most probable psychological motives for saying such a comment, exclusively viewed from his own narrow life experience and social standing perspective of having the status that he is successful in life, and I was probably wrong in saying:

since if the comment came from only his POV and life-experiences perspective it might signal contempt and detachment from regular people who allow themselves to be drafted into a war and die as a result of it, while he avoided the same fate by dodging his draft in Vietnam and went on to inherit and expand his father's real-estate, financial enterprises and win the nomination for president in 2016.

I get the rational of why he said it and it makes sense given his life experience and wanting to preserve his decision for not going. I guess the follow up question would be is it the best choice to have someone as president who cant see others perspectives? Also who hasnt got compassion for those who fought and died for the country, which is a sentiment that is looked in almost religious way mostly by his voters and a lot of America in general.  

It doesnt seem like he looks down on soldiers as a whole though, its more the ones that die or get captured, he sees them as losers. I remember he said something disparaging about Mccain being held as a pow. A lot of his voters seem to claim how honest he is and he hes not a politician, but hes not really being honest about his sentiments here as if he was on stage for example he would lose a lot of voters. 

28 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

However that still doesn't mean that today's publication doesn't have an underlying motive of tossing a low-ball political smear at him for the purpose of an election strategy for Biden, given how many people [including military personnel] from what I've seen on social media are up in arms, appeared to be hurt and outraged by it.

I think it’s fair to say it is politically motivated and perhaps disingenuous. Yet I don’t think it’s fair to say it is a “political smear”. These are Trump’s own comments he has made on record or verified by multiple sources. And Trump’s attitude about the military is a legit political issue for a lot of people. It’s not like they are making up a story about him.

And also consider proportionality. Yes Biden’s team is playing politically motivated games, yet brining up Trump’s own comments for 2018 is far less severe than the games Trump is playing - such as trying to undercut mail-in-voting, encouraging his supporters to vote twice etc. That is far more severe since it undermines democracy itself. 

Just now, Etherial Cat said:

Poor Donald.

His obsession with "losers and suckers" is due to a huge shadow complex. 

Absolutely!!!!! THE DONALD NEVER LOSES!!!!! All he does is win win win win win!!!

On a serious note, in his childhood, being a loser was seen as bad. His dad placed a very high emphasis on achievement and he has been trying to get his dad's approval ever since.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Etherial Cat

3 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Poor Donald.

I'm surprised he's letting loose comments that could be used against him.

5 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

On a serious note, in his childhood, being a loser was seen as bad. His dad placed a very high emphasis on achievement and he has been trying to get his dad's approval ever since.

I mean say what you want about the guy, he became president of the most powerful nation on Earth basically by accident.

Pretty impressive achievement you gotta admit.

hrhrhtewgfegege

16 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Part of his stage red expression

18 minutes ago, Roy said:

I mean say what you want about the guy, he became president of the most powerful nation on Earth basically by accident.

Pretty impressive achievement you gotta admit.

Of course! God forbid if he comes to this forum and sees all of us crap all over him, he'll say 'I'm the fuckin President. How many of you have been President of any country? Take that suckahs!!'

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

His draft dodging tells you everything you need to know about the kind of guy Trump is.

The suckers are this supporters who believe he gives one shit about them or America.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

His draft dodging tells you everything you need to know about the kind of guy Trump is.

What's wrong with draft dodging? Especially for a war as pointless as Vietnam was?

I mean there are a lot things to grill Trump on for being a POS but I don't think this is one of them lol.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The suckers are this supporters who believe he gives one shit about them or America.

Hang on there, Nikola Tesla draft dodged as well. From this, I assume this tells me exactly who Nikola Tesla is? Of course not. We need enough information collected to come to some conclusion about a person. If all the information I need is from one singular action taken by an individual, that's epistemically problematic, and very easy to distort away. Donald Trump's actions on camera/what I'm observing, and testimonials from people who worked before with him, family members, social circle, and multiple views, not just from his side or the democrat's side. This isn't a good use of Occam's razor theory.

@Roy

11 minutes ago, Roy said:

What's wrong with draft dodging? Especially for a war as pointless as Vietnam was?

I mean there are a lot things to grill Trump on for being a POS but I don't think this is one of them lol.

It's just not honestly an accurate way of showing a person's full character. Mohammad Ally refused to draft, so am I to assume he's a 'bad' character? So did Nickola Tesla draft dodged, yet he's a brilliant engineer. 

I'm confused. Wasn't Trump the guy who was screaming a few years ago about how much he was going to do this and that for veterans?:S

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.