Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

I wonder how a Trumpist rationalize all the things in that video.

Must be a work of art 9_9

I don't know, man. The deer really made a huge mess in his way in and out!!

PA 13410 ballots is the difference for democrats

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

The below map is based on states with current leads. And based on current data, this is the most likely map. (A recount has been ordered in GA).

Biden would have 306 EVs, the exact number Trump had in 2016. Yet Biden would also win the popular vote by 4m, which Trump lost by 3m. In terms of states won, it is actually very close to 538s prediction (yet the margins were narrower). 

I'm curious: Did anyone predict in this thread predict this map?

2020 EV map.jpg

Looks like Leo was almost correct in his final prediction. He at least predicted that Biden would win 306 votes. It seems that the only part of he predicted wrong was with North Carolina and Georgia. The outcome of each those two states seems to have turned out to be the reverse of Leo's prediction.

On 11/2/2020 at 6:17 PM, Leo Gura said:

Okay, this is my final prediction. You can judge me based on this:

https://www.270towin.com/maps/gXVpL

I predict that it will be at least that, or much better for Biden. Overall this should be a Blue Wave for the Dems similar to 2018.

Let's see...

Edited by Hardkill

"President Trump, through his campaign, issued a statement Friday ...

"We believe the American people deserve to have full transparency into all vote counting and election certification, and that this is no longer about any single election," Mr. Trump said in his statement. "This is about the integrity of our entire election process. From the beginning we have said that all legal ballots must be counted and all illegal ballots should not be counted, yet we have met resistance to this basic principle by Democrats at every turn. We will pursue this process through every aspect of the law to guarantee that the American people have confidence in our government. I will never give up fighting for you and our nation."" - CBS News, Nov 6, 2020

I am now concerned about the recount that will happen in some states including Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin.

Don't be. Recounts typically only affect maybe a few hundred votes, not thousands.

@Hardkill

8 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Looks like Leo was almost correct in his final prediction. He at least predicted that Biden would win 306 votes. It seems that the only part of he predicted wrong was with North Carolina and Georgia. The outcome of each those two states seems to have turned out to be the reverse of Leo's prediction.

Okey, since it looks like he's winning, will he be able to do trade negotiations with the UK?

President Trump is suggesting counting postal votes which arrive after election day is "illegal".

But late postal ballots can be counted in around half of US states - as long as they are postmarked by 3 November.

This includes the key states of Pennsylvania, Nevada and North Carolina where a winner is yet to be projected. The deadlines for how late a postal ballot can arrive varies from state to state.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

4 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@abrakamowse But is that what Trump meant? I interpret it as he is saying that voting fraud is illegal.

But what is the fraud he is talking about?

Trump: "If you count the illegal votes, they can try to steal the election from us. If you count the votes that came in late, we're looking to them very strongly, but a lot of votes came in late."

President Trump is suggesting counting postal votes which arrive after election day is "illegal".

But late postal ballots can be counted in around half of US states - as long as they are postmarked by 3 November.

This includes the key states of Pennsylvania, Nevada and North Carolina where a winner is yet to be projected. The deadlines for how late a postal ballot can arrive varies from state to state.

Other states, such as Georgia and Arizona, don't count postal votes which arrive after election day.

In his speech, President Trump said in Pennsylvania late postal ballots were being counted "without even postmarks or any identification whatsoever".

The state's Supreme Court ruled late ballots with missing or illegible postmarks would be counted unless sufficient evidence "demonstrates that it was mailed after election day".

Every postal ballot goes through several steps to be verified, such as a signature and address check.

Here you can read the whole article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54837926

23 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

Okey, since it looks like he's winning, will he be able to do trade negotiations with the UK?

Yeah, why wouldn't he? Biden is going to work to repair foreign relations, and also get the US to rejoin WHO and the Paris clinate agreement.

_115241634_how_candidates_could_win_tie_640-nc.png

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

But what is the fraud he is talking about?

Trump talked in his first speech after the election about fraud on the American public. Of course he has yet to present any substantial evidence, but I think it's a matter of interpretation what Trump meant by votes that "came in late". And he said in your quote "we" are looking to them very strongly. That's a lot of lawyers who know the law.

19 minutes ago, Anderz said:

Trump talked in his first speech after the election about fraud on the American public. Of course he has yet to present any substantial evidence, but I think it's a matter of interpretation what Trump meant by votes that "came in late". And he said in your quote "we" are looking to them very strongly. That's a lot of lawyers who know the law.

Probably he wants to find a way to cheat the system and make it look "right".

:P

22 minutes ago, Anderz said:

Have you given up on there being any evidence for this yet? You were like a kid waiting for santa clause before 

Really want Biden to win Arizona and Pennsylvania. That'd be poetic. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@abrakamowse I now found what Trump meant by "tens of millions of ballots" that were sent. Could it be those he mean by votes that "came in late"?

"Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump has been waging a disinformation campaign against mail-in voting for months, but recently, he's seized on a particular statistic to support the narrative that this election is prime for widespread fraud.

This month, he has repeatedly claimed that 80 million unsolicited ballots are en-route to voters across the country who didn't request them and further suggested there's no way to track mail-in ballots or know who gets them." - CNN.com, Sep 15, 2020

1 minute ago, Anderz said:

@abrakamowse I now found what Trump meant by "tens of millions of ballots" that were sent. Could it be those he mean by votes that "came in late"?

Yes, but those ballots if they arrive "late" as he says... if they are postmarked in the correct day there's no problem...

They are not counting "illegal ballots" as he is saying...

Every state have different rules for that, you can find them here:

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-11-receipt-and-postmark-deadlines-for-absentee-ballots.aspx