Javfly33

Why when you look back at your memories even the "bad moments" seem perfect?

43 posts in this topic

We are have heard "Past times were always better" but I think this goes deeper than the usual idealization of the past.

Since some time ago sometimes memories of the past arise and I feel every moment I've experienced until now it's actually been totally perfect.

For example memories of times were I would complain or suffer a lot, anxious times. Now I remember them and I have this sense that those times were just as "cool" as any other moment . It seems when I lived them a sense of "this present moment is not worthy/is not enough", was creating the suffering, and now remembering them I can see clearly those moments were grandiose. They were created by Reality. Those weren't "lesser moments" that those of fun, happiness or relaxation.

What is this?

Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

Truth=Love. Every memory, every story, all history is perspective and created freshly new now. If there's a "true" way to remember the past it's in happy nostalgia, or at least understanding the perfection and inevitability of every moment.

Also from a wise but somewhat unenlightened perspective, "Adventures are never fun while you're having them” -C. S. Lewis xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It is the unraveling of the dream of "me."

It is the end of the energy of blablabla yap yap yap EEE EEEEEE Eeeeeeee. 

1. Because youre not suffering from it anymore.  

2. Because you learned something from it. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Half of a major realization. ?? 

I smell something, yes!

Well I want the whole thing! 

Who took the other piece of the cake? :ph34r:

@traveler That´s nice to hear. Some of it was smelling like kind of Spiritual insight thingy O.o@mandyjw

Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

6 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

You can create your past however you want x)

Well could try that with my ex virgo green chick but ya know female intuition. ;) Sometimes it's just not working, Tried many times. ;)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

We are have heard "Past times were always better" but I think this goes deeper than the usual idealization of the past.

Since some time ago sometimes memories of the past arise and I feel every moment I've experienced until now it's actually been totally perfect.

For example memories of times were I would complain or suffer a lot, anxious times. Now I remember them and I have this sense that those times were just as "cool" as any other moment . It seems when I lived them a sense of "this present moment is not worthy/is not enough", was creating the suffering, and now remembering them I can see clearly those moments were grandiose. They were created by Reality. Those weren't "lesser moments" that those of fun, happiness or relaxation.

What is this?

I was just discussing this with a friend not long ago.

Two of the central reasons are context and relativity.

1. Context - the self always yearns to be wherever it is not. This is the primary function of the self. Hence, it’s incessant need to always imagine.

“Over there” always seems more fascinating simply because it is not being presently experienced, as such, it can be imagined however one desire it. And usually the self twists and contorts imagined memories to suit how it wishes to feel at the time it imagines.

2. Relativity - you can only know one thing having experienced something else opposite to it and this allows for deeper more meaningful comparisons. You only know hot from know cold, high from experiencing low, exciting from experiencing depressing etc. For example, you cannot appreciate being warm without first being cold.

These contrasting experiences provide you a point of reference for which you interpret each experience you have. The act as an underlying guide so to speak. It’s easier to see value in something once it is has something you can compare it to.

Edited by Jacobsrw

On 8/25/2020 at 3:33 PM, Javfly33 said:

What is this?

Proof that the emotional charge of a memory is not inherent in the memory, but something that we create in the moment of remembering.  ? 

Which is proof that our own suffering is subconsciously self-inflicted.

What it also is, is an invitation to apply this realization in other parts of your life, where may not  have percolated through yet.

Indeed, you might say it is a gift from yourself (God) to yourself,  showing you the way forward.

Haven't you felt stuck lately? And haven't you asked for a way forward?

So then... maybe what this is, is an indication that you have always been manifesting your own path as a collaborative effort with your "higher self". And that you always get what you need when you need it. That's what co-creation means.

Surrender and trust don't just happen. They happen as you open your eyes and observe the way things really work, and that it's been you all along.

Edited by Johnny5

10 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Proof that the emotional charge of a memory is not inherent in the memory, but something that we create in the moment of remembering.  ? 

Which is proof that our own suffering is subconsciously self-inflicted.

What it also is, is an invitation to apply this realization in other parts of your life, where may not  have percolated through yet.

Indeed, you might say it is a gift from yourself (God) to yourself,  showing you the way forward.

Haven't you felt stuck lately? And haven't you asked for a way forward?

So then... maybe what this is, is an indication that you have always been manifesting your own path as a collaborative effort with your "higher self". And that you always get what you need when you need it. That's what co-creation means.

Surrender and trust don't just happen. They happen as you open your eyes and observe the way things really work, and that it's been you all along.

damn, something to inquiry about. Thanks for your view

On 8/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, Javfly33 said:

Why when you look back at your memories even the "bad moments" seem perfect?

On 8/25/2020 at 4:33 PM, Javfly33 said:

What is this?

Every moment is leading you to this, to self-realization, so of course, it's perfect.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Its a coping mechanism and a form of meaning making. By making the painful memories seem perfect, we assign a higher meaning to those memories, whether it is growth or whether it is pointing us to a better future. In doing so it makes us feel as though we didn't suffer for no reason. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

16 minutes ago, allislove said:

Every moment is leading you to this, to self-realization, so of course, it's perfect.

@allislove Self-realization, uh?  That damn thing. 

Edited by Javfly33

Everything that happens / has happened is perfect. Why? Because it happened!:>

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

33 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Why?Because it happened!:>

Hehe...and what does it mean that something has "happened"?

@Javfly33 exactly, "who you are"  so to speak.

Rumi's quote comes to mind: 

This place is a dream.
Only a sleeper considers it real.

Then death comes like dawn,
and you wake up laughing
at what you thought was your grief.

?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x