Alfonsoo

Advice on dating someone super RELIGIOUS

14 posts in this topic

I’m starting to see a girl who is very religious (catholic) and ass you guessed i’m not, quite the opposite actually. I’m quite liberal and accepting. I’m pro choice (which she’s not) i’ve got friend all around the sexuality spectrum etc. I fear we are going to clash. I think i have no trouble accepting her (being devotes and all that) I’m willing to work around and try to figure out middle ground your our differences but i don’t know if she will. 

I think the more pertinent question is how devoted are you two, to each other?

People will always have different opinions in relationships.

This circumstance will depend on you and your gf way of resolving conflict and level of devotion. This is also sounds like something you both should talk about. Is she upset that you have friends "all round the sexuality spectrum"?. 

The thing with devout religious people is they often base their behavior and beliefs off scripture and authority teachings. So in one way you could point her to saints who were extremely loving like St. Francis which he said, "No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves." So there's no reason to attack anybody.

The advice is: DON'T

You can't fix it.

You should be screening out girls like this very early on so you don't waste your time and her time.

Life is too short to be dating religious nutcases.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been there. The more conscious you are, the more accepting you get, naturally. But there is also a huge trap is that as you can choose an incompatible partner for you and you'll start judging/guilting yourself for discriminating. I think this might be a very unhealthy thing and not beneficial for both of you (and the rest of the world as a result)

Edited by Hello from Russia

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The advice is: DON'T

You can't fix it.

You should be screening out girls like this very early on so you don't waste your time and her time.

Life is too short to be dating religious nutcases.

Isn’t it worth it at least as an exercise for Love (with capital L). Maybe i’m just trying to give my self excuses but i’m sure there’s some teaching I can learn out of it. I guess

3 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

Isn’t it worth it at least as an exercise for Love (with capital L).

Don't confuse your neediness and desperation for Love with a capital L.

In the domain of the relative (relationships), you must seek the right fit rather than justifying a wrong fit as Love. True Love here would be not wasting her time with the wrong fit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How's it possible to be attracted to stage blue ppl in the first place? They're just annoying af.

I'm not friendly.

1 hour ago, Evil Raccoon said:

How's it possible to be attracted to stage blue ppl in the first place? They're just annoying af.

hqdefault.jpg

@Evil Raccoon why do you some that religious person just be blue? I know some green or even yellow people who are religious / have some religious dogmas. They might drop it when they will find higher level of spirituality.

@Alfonsoo As long as you respect her bounderies and genuinely enjoy/love each other - you're fine. I don't see anything wrong here. 

On 8/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, Alfonsoo said:

I fear we are going to clash.

This is all you need to know to have to call the whole thing off.

See maybe you guys can "work around it" for now, but inevitably given enough time the differences will creep in and it will cause tensions.

If either of you change your views or principles too rapidly to try and appease the other person, they will lose their respect for you because you aren't being authentic and are trying to people please.

Just keep her as a friend because this is NOT going to work out.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Love is naturally mind opening. Open your mind to her views and she'll most likely open her mind to your views. We all influence each other quite powerfully whether we know it or not. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost