Jennjenn

Biden chose Kamala Harris as his VP

75 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@Annoynymous It depends on where in Asia you are from.

East Asians and lighter skinned Asians will have an easier time, while those from the middle East and some Indians might have a harder time.

It also depends on where you are located. The United States is very "diverse" when it comes to how we view other races.  if you are in middle America or the South you might possibly deal with more racism then if you live on the east or west coast. If you choose New York City or San Francisco or Seattle for instance there will be a large number of Asian people living in these cities and you will be welcomed.

But if you moved to Alabama or Georgia or West Virginia then you might have a harder time and would probably deal with a lot of racism from very uneducated people. What you will also notice is an extreme variation of the education and intelligence levels of people in middle America and the South compared to the coasts. This is not to diss those areas in America, but our country has an extreme split due to not only slavery but the civil war that followed.

We have a quality of education problem in America and this is fueling a lot of the racist beliefs that happen here.

The Republican party tends to sway the uneducated away from things that could help them improve their lives by focusing on maintaining a destructive pseudo culture that never really fully developed into anything substantial.  A lot of these people believe that the problems in their lives are caused by America moving away from that illusory culture, and that those who are different from them are the cause of this.  There's a long-standing generational trauma of Americans being too stubborn to accept the fact that slavery is no longer a part of our culture, they feel that their way of living is always under attack even when it isn't, a throwback to the opinions of their great-grandparents.

@Keyhole Do you have a racism against russian people in US or you consider them white?

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

@Annoynymous It depends on where in Asia you are from.

East Asians and lighter skinned Asians will have an easier time, while those from the middle East and some Indians might have a harder time.

It also depends on where you are located. The United States is very "diverse" when it comes to how we view other races.  if you are in middle America or the South you might possibly deal with more racism then if you live on the east or west coast. If you choose New York City or San Francisco or Seattle for instance there will be a large number of Asian people living in these cities and you will be welcomed.

But if you moved to Alabama or Georgia or West Virginia then you might have a harder time and would probably deal with a lot of racism from very uneducated people. What you will also notice is an extreme variation of the education and intelligence levels of people in middle America and the South compared to the coasts. This is not to diss those areas in America, but our country has an extreme split due to not only slavery but the civil war that followed.

We have a quality of education problem in America and this is fueling a lot of the racist beliefs that happen here.

The Republican party tends to sway the uneducated away from things that could help them improve their lives by focusing on maintaining a destructive pseudo culture that never really fully developed into anything substantial.  A lot of these people believe that the problems in their lives are caused by America moving away from that illusory culture, and that those who are different from them are the cause of this.  There's a long-standing generational trauma of Americans being too stubborn to accept the fact that slavery is no longer a part of our culture, they feel that their way of living is always under attack even when it isn't, a throwback to the opinions of their great-grandparents.

@Keyhole I am from south asia. I am not black, you can say that i am brown.

I wonder why the american south still hold grudges against african-american people. I mean, civil war happened more than 150 years ago. So why do the hold archaic belief?

@Keyhole Mess is the one that Barak Hussein Obama left for America, especially when it comes to racism. 
Between Biden and Trump definitely Trump is the lesser of the 2 evils.
Biden in 47 years in DC has achieved NO-THING.

Edited by Elite1948

5 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Do you have a racism against russian people in US or you consider them white?

My impressions: In the U.S., Russians are low on the racism scale. If someone with Russian heritage was raised in America, they would blend in as white. Even a new immigrant with a Russian accent wouldn’t move the racism needle much. There might just be a vague sense of “other-ism”. One would need to be overtly pro-Russia and/or anti-American to crank up the racism. 

White racists in America are too busy being racist against blacks, Latinos and Muslims to be bothered by Russians. I think most white racists would in-group Russians with white Europeans.

@Elite1948 Banned

Anyone spreading right-wing dogma or Trumpism on this forum will be banned. We don't have time for such stupidities here.

If you wish to hold conservative views, that is okay, but you must articulate them with some intelligence and nuance, not as dogma or some reactionary FoxNews talking points.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Elite1948 said:

@Keyhole Mess is the one that Barak Hussein Obama left for America, especially when it comes to racism. 
Between Biden and Trump definitely Trump is the lesser of the 2 evils.
Biden in 47 years in DC has achieved NO-THING.

I love right wingers. Like they are coming from same mold. Political views derived from hate with nothing substantial to back it. 

@Keyhole @Forestluv You know, guys, it's funny. I've never experienced racism\nationalism from Americans to Russians, but I've experienced plenty from European countries (and also middle eastern, especially where Russian Empire did conquests).

I feel like it's all connected to the history of wars and geopolitical pressure\indoctrination here and we don't have that much history with US except for cold war. But even with cold war, we had almost no contact with each other, that's why we call it cold, lol. Maybe it helped in that regard

Edited by Hello from Russia

On 13/08/2020 at 0:10 PM, Leo Gura said:

You don't have to wonder:

LMFAO 

It is mind-boggling to me that we allegedly all belong to the same species... 

It is easy to forget how much ignorance there is in this world and hard to love it. 

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

They fit perfectly together.

I think having two people of different gender in the president and vice president positions can bring a little more balance in the government. I hope to see more of that in the future and in other countries too.

It's also maybe better that they are not the most progressive candidates because they can appeal to more people from both the left and the right. If Bernie would be Trump's opponent, Trump would have more chances of winning because more people would resonate with him and resist Bernie.

1 hour ago, Raphael said:

It's also maybe better that they are not the most progressive candidates because they can appeal to more people from both the left and the right. If Bernie would be Trump's opponent, Trump would have more chances of winning because more people would resonate with him and resist Bernie.

Biden does not appeal to the left. The left will be voting against Trump. Most on the left will vote for Biden as the “lesser of two evils”. Progressives are not voting *for* Biden because he is appealing.

Biden is making a play for the middle and disgruntled moderate Republicans, such as in the Lincoln project. So far, it looks like the strategy is working in terms of winning the election. Biden also has the support of MSM such as CNN and MSNBC. They are very gentle with him and don’t criticize him much.

There is very little enthusiasm Biden. Bernie had much more enthusiasm with his supporters. He was the only candidate drawing massive high energy crowds, which would have likely increased during the COVID and racial crises. Yet Bernie was not popular with mainstream neoliberals, capitalists, corporatists, MSM. He was very threatening to the status quo. In this scenario, it would be average centrist Americans deciding between the “lesser of two evils”.

In terms of SD: Trump is red/blue ; Biden is orange ; Bernie is Green. The American populace ranges red to green is probably centered at Orange. 

2 hours ago, Raphael said:

It’s a great strategy. That’s why Obama said he nailed it with his pick for vp. Obama has been saying for a long time that the Democratic Party should go more to the center if they want to win. Is a political strategy.

For people like me, who voted for Bernie (too late because NY primaries are done when the candidate has already been chosen) and AOC, I feel better about voting for Biden/Harris now. At least they’re orange and not red like Trump. It’s a token liberalism, but at this point I’m ok with even that. Symbolism is real and it means something to me. 
I’m also ok with been patient because the cultural shift is happening very fast. I dream of a AOC or someone like her as president, but I know we are not there yet, maybe 10 more years? 

Edited by Jennjenn

Trump is literally trying to destroy the mailing service. Hes just ripping the internal government apart. Hes tares at the system to get votes. I supported trump before his first election and then once he got in office, he seemed to just clown his way through his term. The clown who became president. Is what we got right now. We need leo to run for office in 2024. I'm going to start a petition for Leo to run for office. Leo has the ability to turn this country around. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@diamondpenguin intp's are not made to be presidents. It would be cool tho if Leo could give tips to the president like the wise wizards did in cartoons. 

Does anybody know exactly why AOC will have only 1 m to speak at the DNC ? I‘d think 1 m is too short almost insulting, maybe rather not to speak.

1 hour ago, diamondpenguin said:

Trump is literally trying to destroy the mailing service.

Trump is gonna try to take the entire country and government down with him as he crashes and burns.

Because his ego cannot take responsibility for the loss. So he will lash out more and more, scapegoating everyone he can, using whatever tactic he can, no matter how despicable. That's how stage Red behaves when it is cornered.

He does not give a damn about the collateral damage as long as he can increase his odds of winning.

I can't run for President since I was not born in the USA.

I'm worried as fuck for the USPS though. This is turning into blatant voter suppression from the president. The GOP isn't even trying to hide it anymore.  

If you can, vote in-person to make sure your ballot counts.

I never vote by mail for this reason. I don't want my vote to be lost in some election office back-room.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I can't run for President since I was not born in the USA.

Candidate one day for Russian president. Many times through out history and yes even Russian history best ruler is foreigner. 

So many examples of that. 

Well you love politics so why not. 

If I was born in Serbia and lived whole life in US, Canada, Brazil whatever and can't be president  there and I want to  get into politics for good purposes. Why wouldn't  I return to Serbia. No difference in helping out Brazilian or Serb. 

If I have really good intent. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity