Nexeternity

High Conciousness Entertainment

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

What types of high conciousness entertainment do you like?

- interesting books

- hanging out with green friends (graves model)

- watching parts of leos vídeos for the entertainment aspect (i know thats bad hehe)

- going to the swimming pool not really for excercise as much as to mess around

- taking walks to sing, jump and skip around for fun

- dancing tango, playing guitar

Edited by Nexeternity

What ever it is you love and enjoy doing?

Why label some activities as higher consciousness? As if you would somehow be improved by doing them?

Allow yourself to do what you will do and sit back and enjoy the show.

If you have an urge to do something do it. 

As your consciousness increases your interests will change as well.

Don't force yourself to do something because it is "high conciousness" nor restrain yourself in doing things that might seem "low conciousness" to you.

In all seriousness I know what you mean, I was just trying to crack a joke. For me, audio books, certain YouTube channels and podcasts make up the overwhelming majority of my formal entertainment. I avoid "cable" TV at all costs and when I'm occasionally subjected to it, like in a waiting room or at family's house, it's immediately obvious why I made that choice. I post on a few formums too. Here, a fitness forum, and one that's sort of a catch-all. I also avoid Facebook like the plague now, and just like with cable TV, if I ever venture back over there for something, it's immediately apparent why I gave it up in the first place.  I workout for about 90min a day but I don't consider that to be entertainment. On Sundays my whole family gets together at my mom's place to swim, let the kids play together, grill some food and have dinner together. I guess that counts as entertainment. Whether it's "high consciousness" or not would depend on your family I guess? 

Edited by ChimpBrain

...visit nature?

- Enter your fear and you are free -

48 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

I like:

- meditation (normal and guided)

- solitude and contemplation

- good music (don't know if this qualifies as high conciousness, some music puts you into a contemplative mood)

- taking a walk at night or evening, especially after meditation

- Hiking (mountains)

If I remember anything more I'll add it to the list.

@Nexeternity question why do you like to hang out with hippies? (Green people)

You pretty much summed up everything I live for. All those things are just pure heaven! 

Hallå

@Wormon Blatburm   Green people are very cool, except when they start hating on orange it turns me off heh.  

I feel i can be myself around them, share my poetry, lots of hugs and affection and stuff.

Any activity that dissolves the illusion of being a separate entity , another name for such an activity is Satsang . Walking in nature , meditating, exercising,  watching non-duality youtube videos, sex etc. whatever induces that experience and brings your particular body-mind-personality into the truth of your nature and the truth of reality.  

This video talks about this particularly around 6:55 but the whole video is great . 

Edited by DakotaBaba

Meditation, YouTube (self improvement/inspiration), go to the gym, walking, reading, writing. 

Lately I'm looking for other like-minded but they're hard to find :)

Reading books, contemplating, and meditating are the main things that I do to "increase" consciousness. My biggest passion aside from that is exploring human movement such as various sports, dance, martial arts, gymnastics, etc. which causes a high degree of mental clarity and often allows me to observe that things happen through me rather than by me. That has helped a lot with disassociating from the idea that I am a body, experiencing more and more what was meant by Bruce Lee when he said "I do not hit, it hits all by itself." 

On 7.8.2016 at 1:17 PM, Nexeternity said:

These are my all-time personal favorites:

• being absorbed in hour-long programming sessions (I'm heavily in flow if I do that)
  • taking a walk in the evening listening to nature and being fascinated by the intelligence that creates this very beautiful moment
  • being with a buddy of mine and cracking jokes while having a beer and smoking a cigarette
  • listening to an Alan Watts lecture while cooking
  • cleaning my house and being in a deep meditative flow-state
  • doing high doses of psychedelics (these are like toys for me... so nice)
  • helping others with the insights I had to break their mental palace
  • connecting with a girl on a very deep level
  • and a lot of similar stuff

I don't know whether these things are high consciousness stuff or not. I feel good when I do them and these are the things I like living for.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Nexeternity

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:17 AM, Nexeternity said:

Watching the Perseid's Meteor shower. (tonight- Friday morning 8/11-8/12). There could be an outburst this year!

Edited by cetus56