NorthNow

When death is experienced, what happens to awareness?

66 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, NorthNow said:

Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to? Another body? Does awareness simply return to the all? Does anyone even have answer?

This idea you have of death is merely a thought/idea in awareness. That’s it. So awareness doesn’t go anywhere. It’s relatively omni-present but ultimately, nothing can be said of it.

18 hours ago, NorthNow said:

Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to?

Awareness cannot move as it is infinite formlessness. It is not contained with the body, but rather the body contained within awareness.

It has no opposite, as there is no such thing as first-person unconsciousness.  Therefore all that can change is state.

I suspect we are periodically bouncing between the omniscience state and the non-omniscience states, but due to the nature of non-omniscience literally defined as ignorance, it's tricky to know for certain at least until we return to omniscience.

The only thing we can know for certain is that there is no such thing as first-person unconsciousness. There will never be a moment where one is not having an experience. All that can change is the nature of that experience.

"Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to? Another body? Does awareness simply return to the all? Does anyone even have answer?"

What makes you believe that awareness "will stop" when you/the-body dies? 

Awareness -- as in Consciousness/Love/God -- is ALWAYS the case. Nothing is not awareness. Relax. Death is only a dissolving of a certain kind of structure within Awareness/God -- you as a person/body. The substance of the structure, YOU (GOD, LOVE, CONSCIOUSNESS, whatever you wanna call it) can never die, cos it was never born to begin with either. It is always the case. The Divine is always the case, and The Divine is equal to the state of being aware. 

Sure, when you go into deep sleep/coma, you think you lose awareness. But you don't. Have you ever experienced deep sleep? Have you ever experienced a state of complete coma, death, deep sleep? No. How come? It's an illusion. There is no such thing as deep sleep or coma, ultimately speaking. Of course, relatively speaking, WITHIN THE DREAM, it makes sense to talk about sleep and unconsciousness in these terms. But absolutely speaking, no human being have ever experienced deep sleep/unconsciousness, because it is not something you can experience. It doesn't exist.

All all human beings have ever experienced is the state of being aware, being conscious. Consciousness is all there is. We can also call it The Now. Or The Present Moment. Nothing is not Now. Everything happens in the Now. The Present Moment, right Now, is ALL you have. And it is infinite. And it is you. Only, your mind keeps on limiting it and naming it and saying it is not beautiful/love/God. oh lol

Now, what is the opposite of death/sleep/unconsciousness ?? Life. Being Awake.

Now, the absurd thing is, that even Life itself doesn't exist. Even Life is an illusion. All Life is a play of Love/Consciousness/Awareness. Life itself is equal to Heaven, i.e. God, Love, Consciousness.

You can't have death without life, or life without death. Relatively speaking.

But Awareness (Life as in Pure Being), God, Consciouseness: it's all One, and it's always the case: it is ALL THERE IS. Nothing is not that.

Heaven is right here on earth. Right in front of you. Only your ego has a survival-agenda that tells you it's some serious evil business that will kill you if you don't get your job, wife, food, money, success, social acceptance , w/e.

:D 

EDIT: So what will happen to awareness when the body/ego dies? Nothing, just as nothing has ever happened to it. And nothing is equal to everything. You see? Infinite things will happen to awareness. And you are that. You are not your mind, body, ego, self-image, or any concept you can think up in your mind about what you are. You are not that. You are God, and even that is not true, cos you are not a word. With "God" I'm just refering to that which you are, which you naturally cannot see, cos how can two eyes see itself without a mirror?:D 

Now, I don't know how I happened to see myself (God), but it happened. I think it had something to do with Love, Pain, taking some "Psychedelics" and perhaps some more pain, and perhaps some more love, and some meditation along the away, and lots of studying/reading of alan watts, leo gura, rupert spira and some others.

Anyway, it is a mystery that the Godhead can know itself. I don't know how it is possible. It should not be. LOL And yet exactly therefore, it should be. LOL. Non-duality is mindblowing, yet so simple. And the dream of duality is so complex and chaotic and also beautiful. Ultimately, even the notion of non-duality vs duality collapses and you are just rendered speechless, lol.

Anyway, of course, relatively speaking, we talk of a person losing awareness when the body dies, or when he goes into deep sleep, or drinks 2 liters of vodka and passes out.

Now, this is not the awareness i'm talking about. Using awareness/consciousness as this is a dualistic concept made up by the egoic mind to be able to survive. "When I go to deep sleep, I lose awareness" -- such a sentence is only something an ego can say. When the Ego surrenders to God, such a sentence is pure nonsense. Of course, relatively speaking, the ego loses consciousness when it goes to deep sleep. But that which is behind ego: God, IS Awareness itself, and therefore it cannot lose it, because it IS IT. You see? And that is equal to YOU, what you ultimately are... not your idea of your self, but you, beyond all ideas and concepts, that you. ;) 

Unconsciousness vs consciousness in scientific terms is a useful concept to understand the body biologically, and the psychology of the mind. It's a concept useful within the dream. But absolutely speaking, when you see that life is a dream and that this dream is equal to God, then unconsciousness and consciousness become one: Consciousness (=God/Love). You are never not Conscious, cos you are Consciousness.

Death is just a stripping away of all that is not you.

What remains is God. And even that which you stripped away was also God, yet it was just a muddier version of God. The Clearest version of God is seen in death. Die before you die.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:12 AM, NorthNow said:

Clearly the awareness is here, now. But when this body dies, where does the awareness move to? Another body? Does awareness simply return to the all? Does anyone even have answer?

It will be completely lights out.... you won't even know that you ever existed because you actually don't already... it's Maya illusion of the self. The awareness is just part of the illusion.

Go no further than thinking about getting knocked out in a boxing match, or being gassed before surgery, or being face down blackout drunk. Sure there is an occasional subconscious dream or thought because the body is still alive and functioning.

But when you die it's completely lights out... there's no awareness or Consciousness that keeps on living eternally because it wasn't real to begin with.

When people use that ridiculous awareness thing... ask them a few questions like what are you aware of other than what the body is directly observing right now... there's not awareness of what's happening at your neighbor's house, there's not awareness of what's happening at a sushi restaurant in Okinawa Japan. 

So awareness is just what's actually being observed or thought at this very moment by the body/mind organism nothing more nothing less. 

When the body/mind organism dies the illusion of awareness goes with it.

Don't take my word for it look for yourself. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It will be completely lights out.... you won't even know that you ever existed because you actually don't already... it's Maya illusion of the self. The awareness is just part of the illusion.

Go no further than thinking about getting knocked out in a boxing match, or being gassed before surgery, or being face down blackout drunk. Sure there is an occasional subconscious dream or thought because the body is still alive and functioning.

But when you die it's completely lights out... there's no awareness or Consciousness that keeps on living eternally because it wasn't real to begin with.

When people use that ridiculous awareness thing... ask them a few questions like what are you aware of other than what the body is directly observing right now... there's not awareness of what's happening at your neighbor's house, there's not awareness of what's happening at a sushi restaurant in Okinawa Japan. 

So awareness is just what's actually being observed or thought at this very moment by the body/mind organism nothing more nothing less. 

I am done taking advices from you. I mean you improved my sex life that's for sure, will give ya that. 

But what you write is not correct. 

Actual spiritual practises. You know meditation if you don't like psychedelics. 

14 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes and using that same logic.. How can you know for certain that that's what happens when the body dies when you didn't actually experience it yet obviously?????? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

47 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I am done taking advices from you. I mean you improved my sex life that's for sure, will give ya that. 

But what you write is not correct. 

Actual spiritual practises. You know meditation if you don't like psychedelics. 

Are you saying you just used me for sex you bastard... ? 

Lol there's nothing wrong with meditation.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes and using that same logic.. How can you know for certain that that's what happens when the body dies when you didn't actually experience it yet obviously?????? 

There's no individual here that knows this.

But what's recognized after Awakening is that the experience of the separate individual inside the body is an illusion... as in it's not actually happening at all.

Boundless Infinite Energy being boundless can localize itself inside the body and create the illusory experience of a separate individual.

When Awakening occurs this boundless contracted localized energy melts back into the boundlessness of everything from whence it came. 

19 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Are you saying you just used me for sex you bastard... ? 

Well no not you.Not gay aldo Thanks to @SoonHeialmost became. Yeah spiritual practises can get you into some problems.He really is hot that's the problem God damn. Started questioning stuff ya know. 

Well since I have dirty mind I really do, there is no cure. I took that list of spiritual practise you posted. There was a list. So I tweaked them lets say to suit me in that regard also got few new ideas out of them. Got inspired. Thanks. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

12 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Well no not you.Not gay aldo Thanks to @SoonHeialmost became. Yeah spiritual practises can get you into some problems.He really is hot that's the problem God damn. Started questioning stuff ya know. 

Well since I have dirty mind I really do, there is no cure. I took that list of spiritual practise you posted. There was a list. So I tweaked them lets say to suit me in that regard also got few new ideas out of them. Got inspired. Thanks. 

Well you're very welcome my friend... yes self enquiry and introspection can be very helpful. I remember now you talkin about those Palm flipping exercise you perv LOL. ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Well you're very welcome my friend... yes self enquiry and introspection can be very helpful. I remember now you talkin about those Palm flipping exercise you perv LOL. ❤

Well I really did tried. But it was wait a minute instead of practising this movement all day long. I can practise different movement. Well there is really no difference, but with this new movement there is atleast some pay off. So I risked, didn't got enlightened from it. 

My hot witch (she really is, bewitched me knows everything so so sneaky) girlfriend (like I am Complaining ?) likes my interest in spirituality very much so. 

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Only a non-transcended mind would cling to the idea of death being equal to "lights out" / "being knocked out in a boxing match".

What you are saying veganawake makes perfect sense from a mind-pov (when you think you are existing cos of mind/as mind ...(even tho the mind tells itself its illusion)).

It, however, is wrong from the highest point of view, namely from the pov of you as the consciousness behind thoughts, perceptions and emotions.

Thia consciousnes is truly eternal and infinite, it is you, hello! And to say that one knows what will happen to it is ignorance. If one had to say what will happen to it, the most accurate would be "nothing and infinite things".

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

39 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Only a non-transcended mind would cling to the idea of death being equal to "lights out" / "being knocked out in a boxing match".

What you are saying veganawake makes perfect sense from a mind-pov (when you think you are existing cos of mind/as mind ...(even tho the mind tells itself its illusion)).

It, however, is wrong from the highest point of view, namely from the pov of you as the consciousness behind thoughts, perceptions and emotions.

Thia consciousnes is truly eternal and infinite, it is you, hello! And to say that one knows what will happen to it is ignorance. If one had to say what will happen to it, the most accurate would be "nothing and infinite things".

Well let's not just talk about it...lets take a looksie.

what is your so-called transcended mind conscious of exactly?

Wait let me guess, exactly what everybody else is conscious of.

You look in the mirror and you see a body, you look outside and see trees bushes flowers buildings Etc, you look at your hand and see four fingers and a thumb. 

So what exactly have you transcended? Nothing because there's nothing actually to transcend.

You believe you are awake and have transcended so-called ordinary consciousness.

You are caught in the dream or Maya illusion of the self. This dream is finite and it will go on perpetuating its own illusory existence until it collapses or the body/mind/vehicle/Avatar for this illusion to take place dies. Plain and simple.

It's correct to say that nothing dies because nothing was actually living.

But it's ridiculous to presume that something that never was, continues on after the death of the body mind organism.

Row row row your boat gently down the stream merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.

Edited by VeganAwake

Death cannot be experienced because it is imaginary. It can only be imagined.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To paraphrase something I heard Leo say: Why are you afraid of Truth? Because you called it death.

Death is literally just part of the dream in God’s infinite mind.

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

Ok Infinite Mind and to finally end whole God damn charade. WTF is THIS then. What is Awareness really? 

9 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Ok Infinite Mind and to finally end whole God damn charade. WTF is THIS then. What is Awareness really? 

It’s this. It’s nothing. It’s everything. Nothing can really be said about it, for then it would be known to you, and therefore not awareness.

Edited by The0Self

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

This is a concept. There is no such a thing as a infinite mind. Mind, god, enlightenment, these are only concepts and and illusions. 

10 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

You must realize that there is no you or mind to see anything, and eye is an completely illusion to see anything. And you will get why it is now, because now is non duality, or void. This aint world, world is just a thought. You think you are human or have a body now?

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

This is a concept. There is no such a thing as a infinite mind. Mind, god, enlightenment, these are only concepts and and illusions. 

Of course it’s a concept. And so is what you just wrote. Skillful fabrications to eat away at eventually themselves, leaving only that of which nothing can be said.

5 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Of course it’s a concept. And so is what you just wrote. Skillful fabrications to eat away at eventually themselves, leaving only that of which nothing can be said.

This answer is completely opposite than your prior answer.

9 minutes ago, James123 said:

Death is literally just part of the dream in God’s infinite mind

You specifically point out something, which is just a thought, as saying infinite mind of god. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."