Flyboy

Awesome Spiral Dynamics Visualization

20 posts in this topic

I wanted to share this visualization I found!  This really encapsulates how the stages must "accept and transcend" each stage in a very cool geometrical way.

sdi.jpg

So I have to climb through all those holes in the middle?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

The Beige in the middle appears to represent how "selfish" (or survival-based) a stage is.  I love how Orange has a thicker Red band and Green has a thicker blue band.  Really clever.

Edited by Flyboy

Stairway to heaven ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

The Beige in the middle appears to represent how "selfish" (or survival-based) a stage is.  I love how Orange has a thicker Red band and Green has a thicker blue band.  Really clever.

Thats pretty deep!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Cool chart!!

I didn't understand what the figures from the right side mean after Green though.

12 minutes ago, Espaim said:

Cool chart!!

I didn't understand what the figures from the right side mean after Green though.

Community structure

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Community structure

I mean those random arrows and rectangles in Yellow and the overlapping shapes in Turquoise.
Orange is democratic, Green has a flat-hierarchy, Yellow is?

Edited by Espaim

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

mhhh, to me it looks more like expansion, in every stage, pretty two dimensional - in yellow you basically start with origami and get into the third dimension, which then opens up all other dimensions and sub dimensions.

12 minutes ago, Espaim said:

I mean those random arrows and rectangles in Yellow and the overlapping shapes in Turquoise.

relative? all hierarchies and personal world constructions exist relative and parallel to each other. yellow communicates with, organizes and delegates between or with all tier one stages.

Edited by remember

22 minutes ago, Espaim said:

My best shot for not only Yellow and Turquoise, but all of them:

Beige: Basically a chimps troop.

Purple: One chieftain in power.

Red: Hierarchy of power with resources always going up, the boss never gives back money to his people.

Blue: Hierarchy with an absolute authority on top and resources traveling up and down the hierarchy as needed.

Orange: Hierarchy with added professional relationships, so now you can work with your equals without the need of boss' overlook. Before, every information had to go to your boss first and only the boss could have made a decision.

Green: Flat hierarchy run by a democratic consensus, where everyone is equal and has a say on how resources are distributed.

Yellow: Self-organizing natural hierarchy that acknowledges the individuality of people, hence the different shapes instead of boxes symbolizing that the role in the organization is customized for the person and not the person being forced to fit into "a box".

Turquoise: Adding more harmony to the Yellow style of ogranizing so it works on a collective level? This one I am not sure about.

7 hours ago, Girzo said:

Turquoise: Adding more harmony to the Yellow style of ogranizing so it works on a collective level? This one I am not sure about.

everything is interconnected and interdependent, natural flow state, creativity and creation become one. it does not add to yellow, it’s a completely new style, yellow is more organizational one, with still one or more leaders, turquoise is not making many selective differences anymore, it’s a complete new evaluation system and way of interacting.

Edited by remember

Is Coral singularity? Do humans reach stages higher than turquoise?

Great image! Is there a higher resolution version? Some of those tiny letters are hard to make out.

what are the letters referring to? white letters A through I ascending on one side and grey letters N to V on the other (except the V looks to be red or brown? hard to tell).

2 hours ago, Espaim said:

In Yellow you see all the other types of the spiral being integrated into society. Is there a better quality version of this picture? Then you could see more. There are a lot of arrows in this pic.

I found this illustration here, though it does not appear to be the original source but a compilation of spiral resources.  There's definitely some complexity in the diagram that I would like to have explained, like the inner letters on the spiral or the suction effect going upward that inverts at yellow or the multiple shells of Coral.  Maybe that represents additional layers of awakening!

@Flyboy Yellow looks like a black hole, like after yellow you are living in another dimension. Pretty interesting.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stairway to heaven ;)

I've made that comparison myself.

Gonna have to go a lot further than turquoise to get there though.

10 hours ago, Espaim said:

Cool chart!!

The way I see the yellow diagram is that the yellow square is integrating the values and viewpoints of each of the below stages (signified by the red star, green circle etc) and then moves forward/making progress (big yellow arrow) with that integration.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski