EntheogenTruthSeeker

God is telling me music is the answer to world peace

42 posts in this topic

@Gesundheit True. 

It also has the power to ground you though. To make you feel, surrender, heal, connect. The benefits are endless. 

But like everything; music too can be 'abused'.

I live for music, since I can remember. However; at a certain point on my journey I had to surrender it, too. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I spent years in silence and isolation. Until I met my 'True Self'. And my True Self absolutely adores music ?

Edited by ivankiss

World peace lol.

The books of history are laughing right now. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@ivankiss How do you know it's your true self and not a form of addiction? Where's the defining line?

Also, what are some ways of using music that you think have a great potential for abuse?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

How do you know it's your true self and not a form of addiction? Where's the defining line?

When you know something in your heart; asking questions like 'how' , 'why' or 'where' simply makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Also, what are some ways of using music that you think have a great potential for abuse?

Well... Take a look at the modern, popular, elite artists. Especially those involved in the new wave of 'rep', trap, etc. Artists like 6ix9ine, Nicky Minaj, Lil Whatever and other garbage. I think the scene speaks for itself; loud and clear. It's all about flashing and stroking. There is little to no heart put into that 'music'. It brainwashes the masses into thinking that's how they should be. And for God knows what reason they eat it all up and can't wait to get more. That's the dark side of being 'addicted' to music. When it totally fucks up your perspective on life.

Then again; this is just my opinion. And I do actually enjoy some of that 'trash' occasionally. I just can't really call it 'music'. If anything; it's entertainment. Not art.

Edited by ivankiss

@Gesundheit The funniest thing about your statement is thinking that overcoming attachments means you can't do anything anymore, sure if you want to give up everything you enjoy in life forever, go ahead, but it won't make you more 'spiritual.' 

I used to think like you too, I thought I couldn't have sex, couldn't enjoy sport etc, when you truly awaken you realize life is simply a celebration to be enjoyed anyway you see fit, and that all of life is simply an expression of this understanding, this love, and this happiness, you no longer look for peace and happiness outside of yourself. 

It seems like you're describing the inward path, the time on a seekers journey where all that matters is discovering truth, and integrating the understanding in your life, but that is quite literally only half of the path. 

When you can actually live the understanding in your real life, when at work, when in relationships, when listening to music ;) etc then you know you are truly integrating the understanding, it's a lot easier to be at peace sitting in a cave for 8 hours in the Himalayas, than it is when you have your baby screaming at 3AM, just some food for thought. 

Also, this is coming from a place of love, I did what you did and created beliefs that certain things weren't 'spiritual' and I couldn't be attached to my Girlfriend or family, all it done for me was make me aloof& seem disinterested, instead of allowing me to open my heart and love deeper and deeper, which true spirituality does. 

I really recommend teachers like Rupert Spira, Francis Lucille & Tantric teachings in general for understanding and integrating the outward path. There are no rules, that is absolute freedom for you, you can do whatever the fuck you want, and if you don't want to listen to music that' your call, but don't think you have to drop any of the things you enjoy forever, to be 'more spiritual', it's the biggest load of bollocks in this community and just creates issues down the line.

@ivankiss Well said as per. And, yes, I actually listen to some of that 'junk' when I'm out with friends at social events, it's simply just a reflection of our Stage Orange values as a society, and like you said it can even be fun to listen to occasionally, but it isn't deep art as you said.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Yup. 

To further emphasize that point...

Entertainment:

Art:

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss

I am sorry mate, but it seems like you don't have the answers. Like when you sweep my question under the rug with a cute 'heart' trick, it doesn't make it go away. I think I understand your perspective, maybe you're in a phase in your life where music feels essential to you, and I'm not denying you that, it is definitely your right to have things to be passionate about, and to merge within whatever feels like home to you. The most tricky thing to agree upon here is that whether or not this phase is the ultimate one that one is eventually going to have to arrive at, because how do you know that you've already arrived at the finish of the line? Please don't tell me it's your heart. That doesn't provide actual answers. When I feel hungry, I don't think that food is the epitome of life. I merely recognise that the body needs food to survive.

From my perspective, it seems like anything in life can be a trap for human beings. We have an inclination to cling to all sorts of things. And that makes me look back and reconsider; whatever things I currently consider essential might actually not be essential at all. So, what makes a thing really essential? Like really, what do we mean when we say that something stems from the true self? What does this communicate to us from our subconscious mind? Could it be happiness? Or relief? Maybe sadness and grief? All is beautiful to me, but whatever might that be, there's an outcome that is being desired. And to protect myself from further misunderstandings, I'm not demonising desire. But I don't think it's the ultimate point of our quest in life. For me, all of what you're describing is a stepping stone on the path towards the ultimate goal, that is no goal, but just being.

Also, please notice the amount of judgement and bias that you have shown against the 'low consciousnesses' music. That's like judging a child for not being tall enough to reach the apples on a tree. To each their own, and like you said, there may be moments where even highly conscious people can enjoy low consciousness products. However, the thing is that I don't think you actually brought a valid perspective on how music is being abused, as this abuse is not exclusive to low consciousness, but to everyone. It's simply replacing one form of abuse for another, since all perspectives are limited and relative, you can't call your favourite genre 'art', and deem all others 'trash'. Art according to whom? To you, maybe, and for a bunch of others, but not to everyone. That creates an absolute perspective from a relative one. Please be aware of that.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit  You're right, anything and everything can be a trap for humans, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is. 

The majority of people seek happiness in things, people, relationships, anything outside of themselves. 

Many of start the spiritual search as a yearning for absolute peace and happiness, as we know NOTHING can make us absolutely happy or at peace, only the realization and abidance as our true nature, for then we are completely fulfilled, at peace& happy, and life simply becomes a celebration. 

From this place, we can enjoy things without being attached or without a 'need' for them, and life is simply a vacation, in which we have absolute freedom to live. 

The 'ultimate goal' you talk of is happiness is it not? You want to be happy & at peace, and uncover the truth. This 'ultimate goal' doesn't then mean you have to sit around and do nothing all day, every day, you can if you want to, but you don't have to. 

What it means, is you no longer are searching for that elusive happiness in the world, as you know it is here, right now, always. I really recommend Tantric teachings such as Francis & Rupert, they helped me so much on this path. 

Also, can I ask have you had a genuine awakening? When giving advice, it should come from a place of understanding and direct experience, not guessing or parroting from a book. I'm not accusing you here, but that's my biggest gripe with the forum, many on here are not happy or at peace themselves, yet give advice to others on how to be so, the blind leading the blind so to speak. 

I wanted to leave you with my favorite quote from Rupert, that sums this up perfectly, in regards to 'taking action' post awakening- "Peace is happiness at rest and happiness is peace in motion."

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Gesundheit The answer is Love. There is no other way to put it. I'm sorry if that does not satisfy your curiosity or stimulate you mentally as you would like.

Also; I clearly said it was my personal opinion on the matter. And I even said I enjoy listening to that 'low consciousness music' from time to time.

So what 'lack of awareness' or 'judgement' are you referring to exactly? It's clear as day that one's taste in music is a relative matter. I never claimed my perspective on it to be 'absolute'.

If anything; you are the one who started judging music(ians) and parroting stuff about attachment that you most likely heard of some Guru. It's cool - it's a part of the journey...But there is much, much more to this. 

We simply disagree and that's it. No hard feelings.

@ivankiss I was expecting a better response. Perhaps I should let go of my attachment to having high quality discussions with people who disagree with me initially but fail to back up their opinions. Have a good one.

I shall quote your journal, @Gesundheit. You are being very authentic there to yourself and with your approach to life:

High focus on survival and what directly contributes to it. Abandoning all sorts of pleasures, dopamine, and whatnot.

Followed by:

No more learning about things that don't directly contribute to my survival.

Let me ask: Have you gotten attached to detaching? You are talking to a dumb avatar on the internet, and only you know the direct answer, though this avatar wonders whether you have committed to let go without letting go of yourself, because you are the ultimate attachment. After you let go of survival and die, you'll realize there was never anything to let go of. I love you, and hope you're reading this and smiling and telling yourself how transparent these words are! 

Edited by SirVladimir

I feel so too!! Music is such a big medium and atm the mainstream music used to mislead us spiritually. Thats why I want to gather spiritual trap artist and connect with people who make dope 4th dimensional music and support each other. 

If you know any dope artist let me know, or connect with me if you are one. I am building a Spotify playlist of dope spiritual trap music.

IG: @bnpbeats https://www.instagram.com/bnpbeats/

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8KDOcisA-yqIgCjKXio-Zw

That is why I am here

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 5/7/2020 at 0:35 PM, Gesundheit said:

Music is no different than a drug. It has its advantages and side effects. Main side effects include tolerance and addiction. It can be used in many good ways for healing but eventually it must be discarded. An ideally healthy life must be pure of all attachments.

Loved that hardcore zen attitude. 

That is the function, not just of the musician, but of all Artists, to explore the depths of our being & spread love. All true creativity comes from source. 

Without Art, life is so bland & boring, after all, everything is art! 

It is the answer to my peace for sure!

Sailing on the ceiling