GreenWoods

Benefits of Astral Projections and Lucid Dreams hardly anyone knows about

56 posts in this topic

(OBEs: Out of Body Experiences include:  LDs: Lucid Dreams, APs: Astral Projections and STs: Soul Travels)

I bet I've listed some you haven't heard of:

• Psychedelics: You can materialize and take 5-Me0-DMT in lucid dreams and become enlightened or take sth like N,N DMT and have a fun trip.

• Meet ups: If you are advanced, you can go into other people's dreams or meet other travelers in dreams, APs and STs

•  It is possible to induce full OBEs in less than 10 seconds. If you are able to go into the hypnotic Esdaile State and anchor it, you can enter it in a few seconds, and if you know what you're doing, you can relatively easiliy induce OBEs from there. For example Marco Lorenz can do that.

•  It is possible to pull someone out of their physical body while they are sleeping. Marco Lorenz and Jonathan Dilas used to this with the participans of their seminars (I believe Jonathan is still doing it). During the night they would pull them out of their physical bodies, then astral travel together, and on the next morning share their experience and notice a huge overlap.

• You can talk with your guiding spirits, real aliens, deceased people, spirits,...

•  Splitting your consciousness: You can split your consciousness in LDs and APs (and probably STs as well), thus be able to inhabit many independent bodies having independent experiences at once. This allows things like inhabiting a male and female body and then having sex with yourself. And most importantly, it allows you to experience far more in the same time. If you have an OBE for 5 minutes and inhabit 5 bodies, you experience 25 minutes

• Time Dilation: 

- In LDs: You can deliberately dilate time in dreams and thus experience for example 1 hour of dream-time in 5 minutes of Earth-time. It is possible but very difficult.

- In APs: Time is relative. You can for example project to a place where 1h Earth-time equals 5min or 5h. For example Marco Lorenz once projected to a paralel reality and stayed there for 6 months while only 8 hours passed in Earth-time. 

(video is in german)

Here I wrote in more detail about splitting consciousness and time dilation: 

•  OBEs during the whole night. Usually when someone has an OBE it is during the day or when you are in REM sleep. So you usually have alpha or theta brain waves. It is generally believed that you can't have OBEs during SWS (Slow Wave Sleep / deep sleep, when you have delta brain waves, 0.5-4hz). I'm not 100% sure yet but I believe OBEs are also possible during SWS, here are my reasons:
  1. I have heard several people say/write that it is possible and that they have done it
  2. Tibetan monks are able to stay aware during the whole night, including SWS. They (including the Dalai Lama) are aware of Awareness, thus a nondual state. So if they can be aware of Awareness then it should also be able to project onto a plane with a body.
  3. Soul Travles (STs) are said to happen when your brainwaves are in 0-0.5hz, that is even lower than what happens during deep sleep. So it's not only that it seems that OBEs are possible during low brainwaves, but that certain OBEs, STs are only possible with very low brainwaves.

That means you should be able to project the whole night, 8 hours each day, that makes 29 200 hours after 10 years. 99.999% of people waste that time.

• Extra Time: If we combine the last 3 points: Splitting consciousness + time dilation + OBEs during the whole night we get an incredible amount of time which can be used for all sorts of things.

• Soul Travel: I don't know much about it but it is said to be far more epic than astral travel

• You can explore our actual physical universe and the past. This for example allows you to check in your direct experience which conspiracy theories are true and which are false. But you would need to be extremely careful, because it is very easy to see something which is not actually there but created or distorted by you. So you would need to be very advanced and do a lot of cross referencing of what other advanced OBEers report.

• Future. You can view probable future scenarios of earth. And you can see how different timelines of your life would develop depending on what choices you make. So for example you can preview the most likely scenario of what will happen in a week or in 10 years if you now choose job A versus job B.

• Explore paralell Realities

• Explore all of Creation. You are God so you should be able to explore all of Creation, be it past present or future. 

• Escape the Matrix: All advanced OBEers I studied say similiar things about that topic. Their investigations made them come to the conclusion that we live in a kinda simulation, a matrix. The Matrix includes many astral planes, so after death, you are still within the Matrix. First you go through a tunnel and a white light, then you meet deceased people and some Guides, then after a while you get an amnesia shot and then are sent back to earth. That's the reincarnation cycle. Aliens created the matrix so that souls can have a certain experience, like being human. (There are obviously many many more Matrixes). All advanved OBE practioners I looked into (John Kreiter, Don Juan, Carlos Castenada, David McCready, Jonathan Dilas, Marco Lorenz,...) agree that this is the case, even scientists and people like Elon Musk believe we live in a simulation. Now, the matrix was actually a good thing because it allows souls to have a particular experience, but many researchers believe (including the OBEers John Kreiter, Don Juan, Carlos Castenada and Jonathan Dilas) that it was hijacked by malevolent aliens a couple of thousand years ago. If you know what they have planned for the upcoming years, it might be worth considering to leave the matrix. There are several possibilites:
  1. Don't fall for the Light Trap. Instead of going into the light after death, you search for a hole (which looks black) in the artifically set up grid and escape through it. OBEing allows you to verify for yourself whether this is true and it will probably be easier to escape if you are an OBEer, but it is definitely not necessary 
  2. You create a double body while still alive and make it more and more solid (through having OBEs with it) till you can transfer your whole consciousness to it and then  just leave your physical body behind for good and then try to escape the Matrix. Read John Kreiters books: The magnum opus and the way of the projectionist.
  3. Dissociation. Jonathan Dilas talks about that as another option. (you can google-translate his blog: Matrixblogger.de)
  4. Become enlightened. Religions tell us that you break the reincarnation cycle by becoming enlightened. It is believed that the soul will continue experiencing, it will upgrade to a different plane. The question is whether this plane is within or outside the matrix. 

• Acashic Records. You will have access to the acashic records, thus to all knowledge

• become enlightened. Tibetan monks use dream yoga (LDs) to become enlightened 

• Inhabit and control another real body. You can temporarily go inside someone else's body and live in it, as if it were your own. This is definitely possible. This usually happens in form of an agreement. 2 beings temporarily exchange their bodies so that they can explore the world of the other being. For example if an alien from another universe wants to explore earth, it can astral project to earth, but it can do more things with a physical body than with an astral body. If it happens involuntarily then this could be considered demonic possesion (if someone is demonically possessed they usually still have some control though)

• Download skills. Leo said that when you are super conscious, you would be able to just download skills. I believe you don't even need to be super conscious, it's enough to be an advanced OBEer.

• Do magick during OBEs which will affect your day-life and physical reality.

• Healing: By asking your subconscious, or aliens or guiding spirits, you are able to figure out the root cause of a disease and then tackle it (in case it has a psychological root)

• Have long whole-body orgasms

And then we have of course the more well-known benefits:

• Personal Development: In dreams you are directly in contact with your subconscious. So this is obviously very valuable for any personal development work
  • Fun
  • Practice any skill
  • Practice the Law of Attraction and make it more effective

I believe OBEs are the key to mastering all of life. 

And the key to OBEs is deep hypnosis like the Esdaile State. I will soon make a post about that.

Edited by GreenWoods

17 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

the key to OBEs is deep hypnosis like the Esdaile State. I will soon make a post about that.

If you know some more benefits of OBEs then I would be happy to hear about them :)

That's insanneeeee. I've always loved the idea of astral projextion and lucid dreaming. I've always wondered if it was possible to dilate time and such via these methods and tada! Here's my answer.

Just amazing.

This also induces the idea of just going there to study, practice, and such and you can do that there for 6 months, while only 8 hours passes here, and tada! Youre now proficient in a new skill with 6 months training from just one night's sleep. I think I'm this would be so cool to do and test.

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

I need to work on hypnotic and  anchoring... Any tips? I can see hypnagogia. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

5 hours ago, DreamScape said:

. I've always wondered if it was possible to dilate time and such via these methods

Time is an illusion. When you are advanced at OBEing, you can distort and dilate it as much as you like. But it's very difficult, otherwise more people would report doing it...

5 hours ago, DreamScape said:

This also induces the idea of just going there to study, practice, and such and you can do that there for 6 months, while only 8 hours passes here, and tada! Youre now proficient in a new skill with 6 months training from just one night's sleep. I think I'm this would be so cool to do and test.

And learning a skill in lucid dreams is even said to be more effective than learning it in real life, because you are in your subconscious. Combine that with time dilation :)

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I need to work on hypnotic and  anchoring... Any tips? 

I believe hypnosis is the most effective way to have OBEs. To get started learning going deep into trance I would start with the hypnosis audios I listed under " 5.2 Deep Hypnosis"

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I can see hypnagogia. 

If you can already go into trance, then do some self-hypnosis or use your anchor(s). Depending on how deep this gets you into trance, the hypnagogia will probably turn into a dream.

Otherwise it's good to just observe the hypnagogia, not concentrate too much on it but also not too less. I believe on Dreamviews.com are some good tips on how to turn hypnagogia into dreams.

@GreenWoods

what have you been able to do with lucid dreaming so far? 

Also you might want to try the below and perhaps report results in this thread:

4 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

@GreenWoods

what have you been able to do with lucid dreaming so far? 

Not much, I'm still a beginner...

4 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Also you might want to try the below and perhaps report results in this thread:

Thanks! That looks interesting, I will soon give it a try.

On 6/1/2020 at 0:01 AM, GreenWoods said:
  1.  It is possible to pull someone out of their physical body while they are sleeping. Marco Lorenz and Jonathan Dilas used to this with the participans of their seminars (I believe Jonathan is still doing it). During the night they would pull them out of their physical bodies, then astral travel together, and on the next morning share their experience and notice a huge overlap.
  2. Don't fall for the Light Trap. Instead of going into the light after death, you search for a hole (which looks black) in the artifically set up grid and escape through it. OBEing allows you to verify for yourself whether this is true and it will probably be easier to escape if you are an OBEer, but it is definitely not necessary 

What do you mean by pulling someone out of their physical body? Is it possible to read someone's mind or even possess the body? As for the second one, I've heard about the light trap... do you have any idea what the grid looks like? Weirdly enough I woke up one night (with my physical body) and saw a thing like a veil or grid overlapping this reality. It felt like I was in some kind of spider web O.o

Closest I've been to lucid dreaming: Taking mushrooms and meditating ( while dreaming ). I felt just as aware as I do when I am awake. 

Is there a way to dream like this more often, and more in depth?

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Intriguing stuff!

How would a psychedelic work in a lucid dream? Wouldn't that only work if you had a previous psychedelic experience? Lucid dreams are only working from the brain so you'd only be able to access the brain's experiences with psychedelics and recreate them. Wouldn't something like that only be possible in out-of-body experiences/astral projection? Since in those experiences you're actually travelling into other dimensions and accessing a greater connected consciousness than what's in your brain.

10 hours ago, Member said:

What do you mean by pulling someone out of their physical body? 

If someone is having an astral projection and is very advanced, he could go to your sleeping body and pull your astral body out. Thus you would now be conscious in your astral body and would have a normal astral projection.

Is it possible to read someone's mind or even possess the body? 

Yes, both possible

As for the second one, I've heard about the light trap... do you have any idea what the grid looks like? Weirdly enough I woke up one night (with my physical body) and saw a thing like a veil or grid overlapping this reality. It felt like I was in some kind of spider web O.o

I haven't done much research on the grid itself yet. But interesting that you mention the spider web. Some Psychedelics reports talk about similar things. And Jonathan Dilas said that he observed spider-like creatures which help to keep us in the matrix. This might also explain our innate fear of spiders. Most people are afraid of spiders, while other insects are largely fine.

3 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Closest I've been to lucid dreaming: Taking mushrooms and meditating ( while dreaming ). I felt just as aware as I do when I am awake. 

Is there a way to dream like this more often, and more in depth?

If you want very conscious lucid dreams, then you need WILDs (wake induced LDs) rather than DILDs (dream induced LDs). I believe hypnosis is the most effective and reliable way to achieve WILDs.

If you are very good at hypnosis, you can have OBEs as often as you want.

As for more in depth: 

if you mean dream stability:

• engage all your senses. Touch objects, rub your hands, look at things very closely and try to see every tint detail,...
  • say "more stable"
  • simple math like 5 + 7

This will make the dream more stable and you become more conscious.

To further increase your consciousness you could do some kind of self reflexion and try to be conscious and not on auto-pilot.

Most LDs are similar to waking life. In astral projections you can be more conscious than in waking life. And Marco Lorenz said that you are far more conscious in soul travels, it's  supposed to be a whole nother level 

2 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Intriguing stuff!

How would a psychedelic work in a lucid dream? Wouldn't that only work if you had a previous psychedelic experience? Lucid dreams are only working from the brain so you'd only be able to access the brain's experiences with psychedelics and recreate them. Wouldn't something like that only be possible in out-of-body experiences/astral projection? Since in those experiences you're actually travelling into other dimensions and accessing a greater connected consciousness than what's in your brain.

Lucid dreams are a kind of OBEs. Dreams don't happen in your brain or inside you, while APs are outside and real. 

If you have an AP you project your consciousness to a place that was already there. It exists independently of you and you usually see other real beings. When you dream you project your consciousness also to a 'real place' but it's void. Its like you project into an empty soup, a kind of nothingness. So there is nothing independent there, so your subconscious creates an environment. That's because you are constantly projecting energy outward and it manifests as whatever is going on in your subconscious. If you practice energetic containment, as taught by John kreiter, you can reverse that process. You stop radiating energy outward, thus the environment fades away till you are in a kinda nothingness.

This all takes place at a real 'place'. Therefore it is possible to visit other people's dreams or be visited by spirits or aliens in your dreams. So your dreams aren't private.

And there is no hard line between AP and a dream. There can be already a bit of an independent scene, and you add your projections. So it becomes a mix of independent environment and your projections. 

Though I assume that most dreams are purely your subconscious creation. But John Kreiter says that they are (often) real worlds that will continue to exist and evolve after you end your dream, but I haven't fully understood that yet.

What happens if you take psychedelics in 'real' life? Love/Consciousness/God is always here, but most people don't recognize it, like trying to see yellow when wearing red glasses. Psychedelics make you see what was always there.

Dreams don't  exist within this physical reality. They exist paralell  to physical reality. So when dreaming you are just as close to Source as in waking life (or closer). So when you have a deep psychedelic trip in a dream, you probably don't imagine it but experience the actual thing as if you were taking psychedelics in real life. 

In real life psychedelics work by changing your brain chemistry. In dreams they work through expectation. So it is helpful if you already had mystical experiences. But it isn't necessary. It's enough that you have some theoretical knowledge about enlightenment or just try to genuinely find out what Reality is made of. And therefore you don't really need psychedelics in dreams, you could just do some kind of self-inquiry but psychedelics are probably more powerful because you know how powerful they are and therefore will probably get you deeper.

30 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

if you mean dream stability:

• engage all your senses. Touch objects, rub your hands, look at things very closely and try to see every tint detail,...
  • say "more stable"
  • simple math like 5 + 7

If I go to sleep with the intention of doing this, will i do it in the dream?

It is difficult, as I am literally in a different reality and I have no recollection that I fell 'asleep'

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@GreenWoods Yeah good list, all is somehow possible. But as a normal human being it is easier to be enlightened than doing These stuff

You need to spend nights for years for Training. 

Better Do other spiritual stuff

interesting.. i've never become lucid. I've been trying to for 4 months. My dreams are more vivid, but no lucidity 

41 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

If I go to sleep with the intention of doing this, will i do it in the dream?

If you manage to have it in your last thoughts before falling asleep (after a WBTB) then you have a good chance. But that won't necessarily make you lucid. Better have lucid dreaming as your last thoughts or reality checks. You might wanna look into MILD

40 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@GreenWoods Yeah good list, all is somehow possible. But as a normal human being it is easier to be enlightened than doing These stuff

You need to spend nights for years for Training. 

Better Do other spiritual stuff

Some of them really take a lot of practice. If one had enough OBEs then they would be quite attainable though. That's why I'm excited about hypnosis. After having firmly anchored the Esdaile State, it should be possible to have OBEs whenever you want. 

That will enable you to practice a lot. And once projection during the whole night and splitting consciousness and time dilation is achieved, time is no more issue 

@OBEler  How difficult is splitting your consciousness, have you done it?

34 minutes ago, herghly said:

interesting.. i've never become lucid. I've been trying to for 4 months. My dreams are more vivid, but no lucidity 

@herghly What techniques are you practicing?

To be clear, no one in this forum will ever fulfill even one point of this list

And Yeah taking drugs on astral realm will not be the same as in "real life". It will just be a memory how it should be, you are not really trippin there.  this can lead to ego death. But that is not the substance in astral realm but because your own mind is doing its thing