AtheisticNonduality

George Floyd Riots

34 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Backlash against Orange toxicity. A satirical view is the below Onion piece.

https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351

Isnt it more Blue Toxicity? Cops killing African-Americans and people getting upset seems like a Blue-Green conflict to me, eitherway, despite the labels... its very sad... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

22 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Backlash against Orange toxicity. A satirical view is the below Onion piece.

https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351

lmaoooo

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Isnt it more Blue Toxicity? Cops killing African-Americans and people getting upset seems like a Blue-Green conflict to me, eitherway, despite the labels... its very sad... 

Yeah but the article is targeting another group that exploit through orange toxicity 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

1 minute ago, Moon said:

lmaoooo

Yeah but the article is targeting another group that exploit through orange toxicity 

oh, i see

Try red/blue idealism. This is very much a primitive knee jerk reaction on both ends. There’s merely any conscious intent behind what had been conducted. The government have displayed pure beuqacratic tribalism, leading the marginalised resorting to unnecessary behaviour. Neither way this whole situation has been handled is producing any good. The system needs to be held accountable, but also those who are taking the protest to unjustifiable degrees need to consider more long term conducive approaches.

Edited by Jacobsrw

Just now, DivineSoda said:

Y'all are obsessed with spiral dynamics lol.

its useful in situations like these, become a spiral wizard, my friend??

29 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yes, some blue toxicity as well. I was referring to the parts of the video that highlight plutocracy and corporate control, which is orange toxicity. Overall, there is a red-blue-orange mixture of toxicity. 

Orange Blue Tribalism 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

Try red idealism. This is almost primitive knee jerk behaviour. This is merely any conscious intent behind it. Pure beuqacratic tribalism. Neither way this whole situation has been handled is producing any good. The system needs to be held accountable but also those who are taking the protest to unjustifiable degrees.

It never changes so something drastic needs to be done. Other methods have failed for decades. You can call it tribalism, or unconscious, - but there is a deep reason behind these riots as a collective group.  Black median income in the US was $40,258 in 2018, and white median income was $68,145 in 2018.  Until stats like these get closer together, and police beatings to minorities slow down, the racial divide will be great.

21 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

It never changes so something drastic needs to be done. Other methods have failed for decades. You can call it tribalism, or unconscious, - but there is a deep reason behind these riots as a collective group.  Black median income in the US was $40,258 in 2018, and white median income was $68,145 in 2018.  Until stats like these get closer together, and police beatings to minorities slow down, the racial divide will be great.

Dude, I was referring to both parties.

My apologies, I didn’t word my earlier comment very well, thus, I have since edited it. I was trying to convey how tribalism is equally in government bureaucracy just as it is within social incivility. Probably more so the government since it can be concealed so discreetly.

The nationalistic ideals of American government are extremely toxic, that’s evident. But also I don’t see justification in how the the African community has responded, it’s not a conducive long-term solution. There’s valid reasoning, sure. But this type of response is likely to only further perpetuate the already existing stigma. We need collective unity through strategic campaigning and decentralised funding.

Being one of African descent, I find these events saddening but we must take them as a virtue for growth and transcendent opportunity.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@AtheisticNonduality I love The Amazing Atheist. I only hope this newly invigorated hatred towards trump and the government is transmuted into democrats being elected. Because for a while now, I've felt certain Trump was just gonna win again. 

But machiavellian thoughts of election aside. I hope this is, or at least close to being, the last straw of pressure that the police and government can handle before they seriously reconsider their policing. Provided that there is some sort of epiphany or change in strategy which can be had by whoever is behind the scenes at the top of all this. 

But it probably won't be. And I have the unfortunate feeling that maybe everyone will forget about George Floyd in a month or 2 , and Trump will still win

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

I have the unfortunate feeling that maybe everyone will forget about George Floyd in a month or 2 , and Trump will still win

Don't worry, Trump will create 10 new fuckups by November.

If Biden just doesn't say anything crazy, he should be able to take it. Biden is a good compromise candidate for both sides.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't worry, Trump will create 10 new fuckups by November.

If Biden just doesn't say anything crazy, he should be able to take it. Biden is a good compromise candidate for both sides.

@Leo Gura Very true about Trump.

I'm just hoping Biden picks a good Vice President candidate. SO LONG AS HE DOESN'T PICK FUCKING AMY KLOBUCHAR I THINK WE MIGHT BE GOOD.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/29/politics/amy-klobuchar-vice-president-criminal-justice-record/index.html

If Biden picks this woman to be Vice President candidate, I'll be lost for words. She's absolutely terrible and uninspiring, probably the worst fucking choice. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 29/05/2020 at 5:04 PM, Rilles said:

100. I am moderate but, its full blown insanity. Tim Pool linked the fact check controversy. Media and social media is a one way flow attacking. 

The cop killing was disgusting. The riots are disgusting. I recently watched South Park and i laughed at Cartman asking about burning the flag and starting riots. The show is stupid and yet genius. Ie Macho man competing in the women's competition. Too funny. 

Let's hope the chaos ends. My subjective opinion, you have pro rioters destroy stuff and bottom feeders in society stealing or using any excuse for violence. Fortunately, my neighbourhood is ok. I hope others are well too. I did see some combat in the downtown core. Mini squabbles abd fisticuffs. Ni looting, shooting, and arson. 

3 hours ago, traveler said:

I call, and raise you Trump's sex scandals and 20+ abuse reports.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:55 AM, AtheisticNonduality said:

That is an impressive rant, BTW.

See, even riots are Love, which means police brutality is Love ;)