Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, traveler said:

There is nothing around or inside this. There is only what is happening, trapped or free of the tormentor that is trying to know it. The little you can become the big YOU, when the you falls away there is no you, not even the God you. 

@Leo Gura Leeeeeoooo, he said that I am not God :o

21 minutes ago, The observer said:

I don't exist. Everything I say is a pointer and it is impersonal. How's that elitist? And I will state my truth regardless of how you feel about me.

Agreed. That still doesn't explain away ones actions as an ego. How? The statements you make assume that those who disagree with you are inferior, but really that’s just an approximated assumption you’ve come to.

21 minutes ago, The observer said:

Plus, a gentle touch is not always effective. Sometimes, a slap in the face of the ego can wake it up. No one knows what exactly will make it click. We're all simply giving it our best shots.

True. But if you are one who understands this work, you will also understand that antagonising ego’s imparts devilry. One is best to respond suited to those who they are speaking to not their own bias.

Anywho, I can’t inform you otherwise. It’s up to you to asses the implications in your communication.

Ps. Props to you if English is not your first language, you’ve done well.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 minute ago, Jacobsrw said:

The statements you make assume that those who disagree with you are inferior, but really that’s just an approximated assumption you’ve come to.

For the 7th time, I guess. They're pointers; mere words on a screen. They don't assume anything. You are the one projecting meanings/assumptions onto them.

4 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

True. But if you are one who understands this work, you will also understand that antagonising ego’s imparts devilry. One is best to respond suited to those who they are speaking to not their own bias.

That's your personal opinion, and I respectfully disagree.

6 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Anywho, I can’t inform you otherwise. It’s up to you to asses the implications in your communication.

Sure.

6 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Ps. Props to you if English is not your first language, you’ve done well.

Thanks.

@The observer I understand they are pointers, you continue to ignore my responses regarding that. The crux is this, consider avoiding blanket statements that overlook what I am in fact pointing to. Simply naming pointers is not the same as realising those that exist already existing in front you.

Edited by Jacobsrw

4 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Was is an example of something that can be disproven? 

If i claim that there is a " Chinese teapot rotating around planet Mars right now". You can take a rocket and go over there and either prove or disprove it.  That's empirical evidence. 

Logical  evidence is actually more potent.  All you have to do is propose a bunch of statements that are undeniably true and if they are you can then derive a certain conclusion. 

Example :

1 all human beings drink water 

2 Alex is a human being. 

Conclusion : Alex drinks water. 

How to disprove this? 

Two ways.. You either disprove the two premises to be false or one of them at least and therfore the conclusion will be automatically false or you claim that that the premises don't actually lead to that conclusion even if they are true and they require more building up. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Notice how you deflect to science (which doesn’t say anything because it’s a subject, not an entity) and what Leo says. Try thinking for yourself. 

What are atoms made of?

All I can see is the hand. I don't have direct access to what are they made out of. As I said if something is not in my direct experience all I can do it speculate or give probabilities based on the evidence I have at the moment.  My hands appear to be made out of flesh and bones.. Blood and organic matter and all that.  I don't have access to more than that on my direct experience.  I use science because a scientist has more accurate tools than mine. He can zoom Into the hands using electronic microscope and actually see what it's made out of. 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Nice. Fair enough.  What is the consensus of scientists, regarding what atoms are made of? 

@Someone here According to scientists base of atom is energy. However, when scientists try to understand the energy they couldn’t get any significant results and demonstration according to science. Because, results of same energy is infinite possibilities due to conditions of environment and time. So they concluded that it is impossible to understand the energy, because same amount of energy has infinite results when it is tested. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

All I can see is the hand.

Do you think reality outside of your mind identifies your hand as a hand? 

44 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Nice. Fair enough.  What is the consensus of scientists, regarding what atoms are made of? 

Electrons and protons.  Now you can keep pushing the question what is it ultimately made out of?  . Well "mathematical equations".  The discoveries are still being made in quantum mechanics.  It's a new field that doesn't resemble anything we used to know about reality. But I don't think I'm qualified to speak about it. I obviously don't understand quantum mechanics deeply. And I won't use a bunch of famous experiments (double slit etc) to arrive at mystical conclusions without actually having a good idea what are these scientists talking about. 

-Osho

12 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Do you think reality outside of your mind identifies your hand as a hand? 

You missed the point.  That's precisely what I'm questioning is there a reality outside of my own mind? . All I see is the hand.  How can I even know that there is such a thing as "reality outside of my mind". I'm not saying there is or there isn't. I'm saying I can't be certain of either possibilities.  I can put it by asking a simple question " how do you know for certain that you are not dreaming right now"? .. You simply don't know and can't know!

-Osho

3 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

@The observer consider avoiding blanket statements that overlook what I am in fact pointing to.

Sigh...

You are in fact pointing to your own delusions. I am not interested in that. My statements don't have secret meanings/messages. That's all simply your delusion. You are being oversensitive, and reading too much between the lines that you literally create something out of nothing. That's not my problem. I cannot control how you interpret what I say. A man may say "I love you" to his wife, and she might perceive it as being cheated on. It's clearly not the man's problem.

Now, please get offended by the example. Seriously, go on. Assume that I am undermining your masculinity, that I am going to sleep with you at night, and that everything I said up to this point was merely to get into your pants. LMAO.

Edited by The observer

Electrons and protons.  Now you can keep pushing the question what is it ultimately made out of?  . Well "mathematical equations".  The discoveries are still being made in quantum mechanics.  It's a new field that doesn't resemble anything we used to know about reality. But I don't think I'm qualified to speak about it. I obviously don't understand quantum mechanics deeply. And I won't use a bunch of famous experiments (double slit etc) to arrive at mystical conclusions without actually having a good idea what are these scientists talking about. 

Notice projection. (Or don’t) There’s no pushing, this is your thread, your inquiry, about disproving solipsism, which can’t be disproved because it’s already only a belief. Quantum mechanics is not new, it’s a hundred years old. You, are a hundred years behind contemporary science. Quantum mechanics is inseparable from physics. It is a deeper scrutiny, a more acute inspection, of the very same. By saying you are not qualified to speak about it, you divert & deflect. You use qualification, to disqualify, yourself. To have a ‘good idea what these scientists are talking about’ - think about it, inspect, scrutinize your existing beliefs held. 

What are electrons & protons made of?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You missed the point.  That's precisely what I'm questioning is there a reality outside of my own mind? . All I see is the hand.  How can I even know that there is such a thing as "reality outside of my mind". I'm not saying there is or there isn't. I'm saying I can't be certain of either possibilities.  I can put it by asking a simple question " how do you know for certain that you are not dreaming right now"? .. You simply don't know and can't know!

This is the same with asking was there any reality before your birth which obviously would make no sense because time is a mind construct and there's no such thing outside your mind. Other folks will be saying that everything happens NOW (including the "Big Bang" and everything that ever existed) but that can't happen in the present because that is not your reality. Thus what remains is you with what's in front of you and what you will do further is change. You're not just a stupid pixel stuck on the screen.

Edited by Member

8 hours ago, Member said:

You are God. Get it?

You're just clinging to semantics

"You don't disprove solipsism, solipsism disproves you" - Wise Internet Sage, 2020 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Reality is only what is outside of your mind 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

What are electrons & protons made of?

Probability wave functions. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Member said:

This is the same with asking was there any reality before your birth which obviously would make no sense because time is a mind construct and there's no such thing outside your mind. Other folks will be saying that everything happens NOW (including the "Big Bang" and everything that ever existed) but that can't happen in the present because that is not your reality. Thus what remains is you with what's in front of you and what you will do further is change. You're not just a stupid pixel stuck on the screen.

What do you mean by the last line? 

-Osho