Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

Just now, Nahm said:

What’s asking.

A hand holding the phone typed that question. Direct experience. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 minutes ago, The observer said:

@Someone here "you" don't exist, and neither do "I". Direct experience is not a property that is owned by a person. The person is imaginary. That's the whole point of the direct experience paradigm, is to get you to realise the imaginary nature of individual persons. If all individuals are imaginary (including yourself), and there is direct experience, then that's God; impersonal, and right in front of you.

The rest is noise. Get rid of it by questioning the paradigm to death using the questions I suggested above.

Interesting.  But if there is no me why there is a me?  (if you get what I mean). 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

A hand holding the phone typed that question. Direct experience. 

All nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

lol Solipsism is a laughably preposterous idea. It's an ego game of the mind and it doesn't even stand up to basic logic;

If everyone is convinced they are the nexus of the universe, then who do you trust?

It's an idea created by where you're willing to lend out your belief. That's it.

Of course you'll insist, "Yea but you can't KNOW you're not the centre!"

The knowing or not is irrelevant because the foundation is predicated on belief, which is inherently flawed.

hrhrhtewgfegege

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Interesting.  But if there is no me why there is a me?  (if you get what I mean). 

Because thoughts say there is. Without thoughts, you wouldn't know whether or not you exist.

Try to remember a point in time where you were engaged in something like a video game or a football game. Was there a "you" there doing anything? Or was the person completely absent? If the person can go away, even for a second, is it real anymore?

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

All nothing. 

Nope. Here they are! 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, The observer said:

Because thoughts say there is. Without thoughts, you wouldn't know whether or not you exist.

Try to remember a point in time where you were engaged in something like a video game or a football game. Was there a "you" there doing anything? Or was the person completely absent? If the person can go away, even for a second, is it real anymore?

But when the person goes there still exist something. The perception field remains the same. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But when the person goes there still exist something. The perception field remains the same. 

Of course, the field is impersonal. That's the point. Why would it require a person when it can exist sufficiently on its own? The person is secondary to perception. Thoughts are secondary to awareness. Objects are the creation of God.

Edited by The observer

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nope. Here they are! 

All nothing. You are me, and i am you as nothing. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Just now, James123 said:

All nothing. You are me, and i am you as nothing. 

Are you using some sort of a brainwashing method by repeating that all the time.?  Not trying to be rude but it won't work with me. 

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Are you using some sort of a brainwashing method by repeating that all the time.?  Not trying to be rude but it won't work with me. 

Just telling the truth. Thats it. No one here. @Nahm As he said singularity. 

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nope. Here they are! 

All language, symbols, images and thoughts are dualistic. Thus, the mind can easily counter any ‘pointer’. This may give a sense of grounding, yet it won’t allow space for realizations. 

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

Just telling the truth. Thats it. No one here. @Nahm As he said singularity. 

Alright I get that that's how you see it. But there is no need to "spam" it all around the place. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

All language, symbols, images and thoughts are dualistic. Thus, the mind can easily counter any ‘pointer’. This may give a sense of grounding, yet it won’t allow space for realizations. 

Therfore why talking about something can't be pointed at?.  And honestly I think it's off topic I asked a very specific question and saying "it's all nothing" is just the easiest way to escape the effort of trying to unravel the mystery of existence. That's just how I see it with all respect to you and Nahm. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Alright I get that that's how you see it. But there is no need to "spam" it all around the place. 

We are here for truth :) there is no spam, i am you and you are me. You dont need to get defensive. But sometimes ego cant handle the truth. Your reaction is normal. 

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Therfore why talking about something can't be pointed at?.  

Linguistic / symbolic pointers can be very helpful to those that have had a glimpse and for those that are clarifying, integrating and embodying.

Analytical minds tend to focus on the words, rather than that which is pointed to. A rational path can be very laborious and time consuming. Similar to neti neti. One approach to take a back door into the fortress of an analytical mind is zen koans. Yet the problem here is that most intellectual minds don’t have the focus, discipline, perseverance or patience for this.   . . . Another approach is a psychedelic. This will dissolve the analytical fortress and gives a good chance for a good look. Yet quite often, the mind will later contextualize as an ‘experience’ at its baseline conscious level dominated by rational thinking. Yet for most minds, there will now be cracks in the fortress which may allow pointers to enter. 

There are also nonduality speakers that are skilled with intellectual minds. Rupert Spira is very good at disarming the intellect and Roger  Castillo is good at clearly communicating through the intellect. 

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Jacobsrw I will try to put it in a different way. All that exists  right now in this field of awareness is this body that I conveniently call "me" and the stuff around me and... nothing else.

"You"for example is just this profile image that's appearing inside this field of awareness. That's literally what "you " are at this moment of awareness.  How can I know whether there is an actual person behind that? . It's sort of like when you are dreaming other people appear as if they are real and independent from your awareness but when you wake up you discover they were just an extension of your mind. Is it the Same with "real life"? 

You pretty much derived your own answer.

Yes that’s right. Fundamentally, you don’t know that I exist beyond the thought that I do. There’s is no me. I am literally a thought in your mind. See this right now in your experience. Eradicate the thought and I no longer exist. For an “other” to exist, you must maintain a mental image and the idea of them.

This is the ineffable power of awareness. You can’t escape awareness and you require it for everything you know. All you perceive is a product of awareness. Nothing but a mere derivance from it. 

@The observer direct experience is not a paradigm it’s a pointer. How one interprets something is what qualifies an ideology (anything can potentially be one). Your contention is like saying “awareness” is an ideology. Ideology is the clinging to concept rather than knowing the space that precipitated it, ie. awareness.

“Direct experience” is a word to describe the presence of awareness. You’re are trying to ideologise words here by playing elitist, and creating confusion for the person who initially asked a genuine question.

Edited by Jacobsrw

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And honestly I think it's off topic I asked a very specific question and saying "it's all nothing" is just the easiest way to escape the effort of trying to unravel the mystery of existence. 

Why are you trying to unravel the mystery? You wan't to know what this is because you think it will give you what you long for. The mystery is longed for, but the seeker kills it by knowing everything. What you're looking for is always opposite to where you are looking. If it could be gotten why haven't you gotten it already? Is it because you are stupid? Or is it because there is nothing to be gotten?