Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What are they made out of?

Not sure. Science says atoms. Leo says "consciousness".  But they are real either way. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here go and discover the answer for yourself. The only way you will derive an answer is you genuinely seek it yourself.

You won’t find the answer on here. This forum is only a conceptual framework.

Edited by Jacobsrw

30 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Someone here go and discover the answer for yourself. The only way you will derive an answer is you genuinely seek it yourself.

You won’t find the answer on here. This forum is only a conceptual framework.

The answer I got up to now is there's actually no way to disprove solipsism. So I think I actually got my answers for this thread!  Thanks 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I'm gonna be funny on this one because i struggled with it for a while...Now i'm sure my perspective is real.So then you aren't real. Etc. Going from this as Alan watts said is just having a bunch of people claiming i'm real no i'm real... 

Now what if god is infinite... An infinite mind... And what if this mind can appear separate from itself. Fully taking perspectives and talking to itself through different bodies. Do you really want to know this? Well here is how.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/d7dfur/iv_realized_we_are_god_and_life_is_a_dream/

Trip with friends. You realize you are all one being. The ego is not god nope. Everyone is a huge vast mind interacting with itself. I gave you the instructions good luck with your endeavours. And yes i have tripped with friends and felt we are one being it's fun as hell.

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The answer I got up to now is there's actually no way to disprove solipsism. So I think I actually got my answers for this thread!  Thanks 

Solipsism cannot be disproven because it was never real to begin with. Explore this deeper and you see the illusion of your entire reality.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, Someone here said:

it seems like its undebunkable  which is not the same thing as its true.  Can anyone disprove solipsism logically? 

Solipsism is the position that the mind is the only thing that can be known to exist and that knowledge of anything outside the mind is unjustified.

It is not, however, the same as Skepticism, the position that one should refrain from even making truth claims).

Skepticism

https://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_skepticism.html

Edited by Nak Khid

9 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

@The observer direct experience is not a paradigm it’s a pointer. How one interprets something is what qualifies an ideology (anything can potentially be one). Your contention is like saying “awareness” is an ideology. Ideology is the clinging to concept rather than knowing the space that precipitated it, ie. awareness.

“Direct experience” is a word to describe the presence of awareness. You’re are trying to ideologise words here by playing elitist, and creating confusion for the person who initially asked a genuine question.

"Paradigm" is a pointer too. I told you earlier that you're still identified with the mind and aren't yet able to see beyond pointers, so I won't go into that again.

And I still stand by what I have said. Awareness/direct experience is an ideology unless it is recognised as a pointer.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

Can anyone disprove solipsism logically? 

Was is an example of something that can be disproven? 

6 minutes ago, Member said:

But you are everywhere. YOU are the existence of God.

There isn't a YOU and something else (God). Closest you come to put it into words is: 

THIS

or 

YOU

or 

GOD

or 

GURGELDAG

But no one is aware of this, it is too close to be aware of. The looking for it puts you in an infinite search with no hope of finding. The joke is that this is it.

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

Not sure. Science says atoms. Leo says "consciousness".  But they are real either way. 

Whatever the answer is, you're imagining it in the present moment. Therefore, all that is not directly perceived in the present moment is imaginary. And real vs. unreal is also imaginary. Conclusion: reality (non-duality) = perception (one part of the duality) + imagination (the other part).

Solipsism assumes that only perception exists without imagination. The reality is that other conscious beings exist, but you don't have access to their perception. You only have access to their imagination through your imagination, because you and them are one, because ultimately perception is imaginary so everything is imagination, and imagination is perceived so everything is perception. It's valid to look at the duality from both angles. They're two sides of the same coin. I hope that clarifies something.

Edited by The observer

1 hour ago, Member said:

You're just clinging to semantics. You are God. Get it?

What I'm saying is that this is already it. Who is it that has to get it? "God" is just a concept that falls infinitely short of what it supposedly points to, why? Because THIS IS IT. It's easy to say "You are God" and then think you know everything. You actually know absolute Jack shit, this is totally unknowable and that is the fucking beauty off it. 

3 hours ago, The observer said:

"Paradigm" is a pointer too. I told you earlier that you're still identified with the mind and aren't yet able to see beyond pointers, so I won't go into that again.

And I still stand by what I have said. Awareness/direct experience is an ideology unless it is recognised as a pointer.

You seem make a lot of fallacious assumptions.

And I feel that you seriously misunderstand what an ideology is. I feel your need to reconsider the points you continue to contribute. They appear to generate more fallacies than those you accuse others of making.

Please take the time to read each comment you contribute. You blatantly accuse others of the very thing you are demonstrating. 

Before blindly attacking me as you previously have, seriously read them.

Edited by Jacobsrw

15 minutes ago, traveler said:

What I'm saying is that this is already it. Who is it that has to get it? "God" is just a concept that falls infinitely short of what it supposedly points to, why? Because THIS IS IT. It's easy to say "You are God" and then think you know everything. You actually know absolute Jack shit, this is totally unknowable and that is the fucking beauty off it. 

You don't need a mirror to see yourself, you are the mirror reflecting itself. All that you see around you is a projection of you.

16 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

You are demonstrating exactly what you are critiquing others for.

I know that. And I am free to do it because I'm aware of it. I understand that anything anyone will ever say, including me, is merely a pointer.

@The observer haha that statement is absurd. Also, I don’t feel that you are aware of it. Your statements if anything, appear suggestive of an elitism ideal. I could be wrong though. My question is, why engage in personal criticism when this discussion is about something that beyond it?

Then again little of what I have said in our conversations has been properly represented or interpreted so I’ll leave it there haha.

Edited by Jacobsrw

20 minutes ago, Member said:

You don't need a mirror to see yourself, you are the mirror reflecting itself. All that you see around you is a projection of you.

There is nothing around or inside this. There is only what is happening, trapped or free of the tormentor that is trying to know it. The little you can become the big YOU, when the you falls away there is no you, not even the God you. 

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Notice how you deflect to science (which doesn’t say anything because it’s a subject, not an entity) and what Leo says. Try thinking for yourself. 

What are atoms made of?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@The observer that’s a very arrogant statement. Also, I don’t feel that you are, your dialogue appears suggestive of an elitism ideal.

I don't exist. Everything I say is a pointer and it is impersonal. How's that elitist? And I will state my truth regardless of how you feel about me.

4 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@The observer My question is, why engage in personal criticism when this discussion is about something beyond it?

That's the way I'm used to it. It's difficult and exhausting for me to articulate my thoughts in an impersonal manner. And English is not my original language, so it doesn't help much.

Plus, a gentle touch is not always effective. Sometimes, a slap in the face of the ego can wake it up. No one knows what exactly will make it click. We're all simply giving it our best shots.