Tiny Nietzsche

Can't choose, HELP, My crossroad at 25

32 posts in this topic

Just play it on the computer you have now. Spend the rest of the money on your life purpose.

If the game is great the quality won't matter. For example, I play Mirror's Edge on the lowest settings (I have a normal PC) and it still looks and runs great and its a blast to play because its just a well designed game. Cyberpunk will be the same.

Playing games isn't foolish, but spending your entire life savings on a game is...

@Tiny Nietzsche Keep in mind there is no point to buy a 5000$ PC at this point unless you buying a server or a super expensive 4k widescreen monitor that costs 2000$ on its own. 

You can get the highest-end rig right now for 2000$ if not (1500$). So if you have such strong ich for a high-end computer give it 4 months and if you STILL want a high-end gaming PC, with the new hardware releases on august (approximately) you will get a great bang for your buck with 1000$.

This way if somehow your gaming crave persists you can still satisfy it and have some money on the side for the more productive suggestion. 

@Socrates  you can get a new gaming PC for just $1000? 

Then I'm gonna buy lol. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Espaim said:

Set apart 100 bucks and do some psychedelics before making the decisionxDxDxD

I'm serious.

This. lol

Also, I'd say the hours are even more valuable than the money you lose. On top of that, you'll be increasing your dopamine threshold, so doing less stimulating/less instantly-gratifying tasks will be even harder to do or make a habit out of when you're not gaming! (reading, meditating, "higher pleasure" hobbies)

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Learn some non-attachment. Give the money to someone else no strings attached and see what happens.

All stories and explanations are false.

Umm wait. If you don't have responsibilities, where do you have the money from? Even a job is a responsibility..

Do you do anything with your life? Did you earn that money or did it fall into your lap? Perhaps rich parents?

Ever think about investing the whole thing into bettering your life, like good diet or healthy living, books, seminars, anything? I know hobbies can be like that, my father spent his entire life on cars, he owned over 200 cars, maybe more all his life. The consequence? He lost his family, or at least me and my mother. 

Things to think about... Hobbies are important, yes. I would definitely invest in building a computer, but maybe 1k, not all 5k.. that money is a lot and you would regret it. 

I have to agree with Leo, good luck in life.. you'll need that luck if this is something that makes you think. 

If I had that amount of money, I wouldn't even know where to invest it. Because you may come from a better background, but maybe once you find yourself in life where you would be happy with even 10$ for food.. if you spend money like that.

If you have 5k and 5k only... you could at least put away 1k from it, if you decide with nr 1.... you never know when a "rainy day" or worse day comes when you'll need it. Be smart with money, don't just spend it like a little child, you're 25 dammit... :(  

Edited by Aquarius

Also comes to mind.. why not invest it all in your higher education? Choose a field that interests you and go and learn something. 

Seems more responsible from a 25 years old grown man than some games...

Do you have 5k already? If yes, then why not make another 5k until august?

Then you can buy a 10k pc and play with the big bois :P

@Felli

On 26/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, Tiny Nietzsche said:

- I have $5K, Choice are:
1. Buy a new gaming computer for Cyberpunk 2077 ($5K is used for 4K at 60FPS, Monitor included, If It's not 4K & 60FPS, I wouldn't play at all)
2. Invest to another thing I interest (It probably won't make money, But I really like it, It's also a skill)

So how was cyberpunk? ?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On 27/05/2020 at 2:16 AM, Espaim said:

Set apart 100 bucks and do some psychedelics before making the decisionxDxDxD

I'm serious.

Second this :D

You already know 1# choice is a flawed choice and you are in desperation and the first tick of boredom comes then the guilt comes e.c.t. then you arr screwed. How about a long term solution, because you are gonna suffer even worse in the future?