ivankiss

Intense Breathwork and Oh My God...

20 posts in this topic

I felt somewhat trapped and uncomfortable inside my body today. It felt heavy and fatigued. So I decided to do some breathwork to align the body and create some space for the breath. 

I noticed that my chest was "locked" and my abdominal area was contracted. I was breathing in reverse. Lol.

According to google;

"The diaphragm is a mushroom-shaped muscle that sits beneath your lower-to-middle rib cage. It separates your abdomen from your thoracic area. Your diaphragm helps you breathe by lowering when you inhale, in that way, allowing your lungs to expand. It then rises to its original position when you exhale."

At first it was a bit painful. I don't know if what I was doing is the "proper" way to do this - I was kinda feeling my way through. It was an intuitive thing. 

I started filling my diaphragm with a lot of air; pushing my belly outwards. I focused on maintaining the connection while crossing the "bridge" to the chest and shoulder area. All the way up to the crown. As the breath was travelling through the body; pockets of tension were being released. My belly, chest, shoulders, neck, head and even face... There was so much tension. And it was all being released now, with each new breath. Lots of cracks.

I was slowly making my way into the body.

An undisturbed flow was now established. The breath deepened. My belly was no longer contracted. Chest and shoulders were wide open. Neck and head aligned. Face muscles relaxed.

I was breathing through my spine. It felt incredible.

All this went down with little to no thought about the ongoing process. It was mostly just breath and feeling the whole time.

But turns out; all this was only a warm up. 

As I continued breathing deeper and longer; I noticed my state of consciousness becoming altered; significantly. I opened myself up for something big...

Enter Full Nonduality.

I would surrender the breath for quite some time, after every inhale and exhale. And during these "pauses", I'd be showered with the most euphoric feeling ever. It was as if I jumped into a pool of liquid Love and Bliss. My vision would turn black for a few moments. It's kinda like when you're about to pass out. Except that you don't. Instead you remain in this blissful, euphoric, endless pool of Love. It's heaven.

My vision is full HD at this point. I feel like I'm at least 12 feet tall. Barely any thought enters my mind. I recognize divine alignment and perfection in each moment. I see geometrical patterns of Light. Each beam is a portal to an entire Universe. Infinity.

The body is not still for a second. It is dancing along with the waves of the breath. Slowly, gently and incredibly smoothly. Intuitively; on impulse. Without an ounce of effort. It's floating, as if it was weightless. 

It is now fully activated. Present and on high alert. Immersed. Ready for any command on my behalf. It is almost as if I had a bird's eye view on reality. 

There is this profound sense of something primal. The body is an animal. But there's also something infinitely intelligent and divine that is present. It's Light. It's Love. It's me.

Oh God. There really is no end to this.

There is no end to your beauty.

Needless to say; I "came down", quite a bit. At this precise moment; I feel good. Centred and relaxed. Whole. I am breathing properly. I don't feel fatigued. I am present. But my frequency has definitely decreased. I am not nearly as conscious as I was.

I can only imagine how life would be if I was to breathe consciously; at all times. 

Whoa.

Edited by ivankiss

@Nahm Ahh yes, singing. Thank you.

The Sun is shining brighter than ever now. The sky has never been bluer. The grass was never greener. 

Paradise. ?

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

The body is an animal

funny you mention this, I will start learning some Kalaripayattu techniques today (animal postures) as i am really into energy/body movement

The Breatharian and yoga can be a guide for this conscious breathing in a sense as higher energy density cultivation takes place and it's easy to notice when energy is directed away (through thought and attention)

So many ways to bring high vibes into the vessel, the most simple definitely being the breathe. Also i love the sun gazing and bathing. Struggle to breathe properly, rub the stomach to encourage energy flow/improve digestion (we can all be belly rubbing buddhas hahaha!) 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows Interesting, thanks! 

I rarely do any yoga. But when I do, it's always intuitive. I just breathe and let the body do it's own thing.

And yes, it does feel very good to rub and massage the belly. Should definitely do it more often xD

@ivankiss Can you share the specific technique you used?

Were you laying down? Were you pausing between breaths or just breathing continuously?

How long did it take to get to the bliss?

@Raptorsin7 Sitting; comfortably, on my couch. No pause. The emphasis was on breathing to become undisturbed, thus everything else was put on pause for it - so to speak. 

The "challenge" was to open up and align the body with the breath. As well as to maintain a steady, conscious flow.

Increased perception and sharpened senses were a side-effect. Euphoria and bliss, too.

It took me about 30 minutes to open up fully. Then maybe another 15 to enter the pool of Love. Can't tell for sure tho. It felt like Infinity, of course.

I should also mention that I started microdosing DMT recently. And although I did not smoke right before this experience, the substance must have been activated in my body during the breathwork.

Anyhow... Lots of words to describe a simple and very natural phenomenon... Conscious breathing. Being. - That is Bliss.

Anyone can do it.

Everyone is it.

@ivankiss Have you tried an hour of shamanic breathing?

It's epic stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Nope. I usually do all this stuff spontaneously and intuitively... Might look into it and give it a try though. Thanks!

Edited by ivankiss

@Leo Gura Have you tried 1 hour or 1h+ of shamanic breathing yourself? What effects do you get after it? And how do the 30-minute sessions differ from 1hour?

I've read Stan Groff's book about Holotropic Breathing and he doesn't recommend doing long sessions without a sitter. Why is that?

Edited by bazera

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's epic stuff.

If anyone come up with a trick to avoid dry mouth, it would be great. It's impossible for me to do even +30minutes because the mouth gets way too dry.

Ivankiss, if I may ask, how long did it take of the diaphragm breathing until you got this effect?

31 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Leo Gura Nope. I usually do all this stuff spontaneously and intuitively... Might look into it and give it a try though. Thanks!

See my video on Shamanic Breathing.

You're in for a treat ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

43 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura Have you tried 1 hour or 1h+ of shamanic breathing yourself? What effects do you get after it?

I consider being able to "breathe my way" to India and China from Europe a nice side effect. Quite literally. 

It takes additional 5 minutes for me to then realize that all maps are floating in space as concepts and that the whole world is here.

Edited by SirVladimir

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's epic stuff.

Listen to binaural beats for double effect :)

Shit, it seems like when you had deep breakthroughs it becomes somewhat easy to access deeper states of consciousness via simple meditation techniques

Edited by Hello from Russia

1 hour ago, WHO IS said:

Ivankiss, if I may ask, how long did it take of the diaphragm breathing until you got this effect?

As I said; 45 minutes to an hour. 

Still breathing nice and deep. It definitely affected the quality of my experience. Felt great throughout the day.

I can see how something like this could become a regular practice.

@Hello from Russia

Yup. It can become as easy as walking into the kitchen, I imagine xD

Edited by ivankiss

45- to an hour of concentrated breathing continuously? Wow that's a dedication.

@WHO IS good luck doing that, I’ve tried several times and I feel as though I’m going to pass out, maybe I’m doing it wrong but the longest time I can get up too is about 30mins ish, and by that point it’s really difficult to continue deep breathing

Edited by IJB063

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

See my video on Shamanic Breathing.

You're in for a treat ;)

I've been mixing this with cannabis. Try that next :)

Might microdose a psychedelic with it too.