electroBeam

Psychedelic drug = energy issues?

139 posts in this topic

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Of course that's a huge factor.

Psychedelics have the power to wake people up and melt down all socially constructed belief systems. As a result they are extremely dangerous and threatening to those in positions of power and authority. So they must be locked down and tightly controlled to maintain the illusion of society.

There's a possible answer to all the people who ask "if psychedelics are so good, why does no spiritual teacher use them/recommend them" ;)

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

There's a possible answer to all the people who ask "if psychedelics are so good, why does no spiritual teacher use them/recommend them" ;)

Well, that's just a practical problem. How can a teacher recommend them if they are illegal in most places? This would get the teacher in trouble. It doesn't scale. And this assumes the teacher has lots of experience with them, which none of them do because they have been so tightly controlled and demonized.

It's a catch-22. Teachers can't recommend them unless they become more widely available. And they can't become more widely available unless teachers recommend them. Thus it is a circle of ignorance. The only way to break that circle is with visionary leadership and by challenging authority, which is dangerous.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, that's just a practical problem. How can a teacher recommend them if they are illegal in most places? This would get the teacher in trouble. It doesn't scale. And this assumes the teacher has lots of experience with them, which none of them do because they have been so tightly controlled and demonized.

It's a catch-22. Teachers can't recommend them unless they become more widely available. And they can't become more widely available unless teachers recommend them. Thus it is a circle of ignorance. The only way to break that circle is with visionary leadership and by challenging authority, which is dangerous.

I mean lets be fair. It's a very very questionable one theory out of many.

I think there is a proper explanation why you shouldnt do psychedelics if you're open to hear it. Like it drains your body and Ojas is a very rasonable and logical reason for starters.

@Leo Gura Have you ever considered that your health issues are because of constant psychedelic use? That would explain many things. And also prove that these masters were right in when they sayed that it damages the system.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

14 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I think there is a proper explanation why you shouldnt do psychedelics if you're open to hear it. Like it drains your body and Ojas is a very rasonable and logical reason for starters.

That doesn't hold up.

The US government didn't crack down on the hippies because the hippies were draining their body energy.

The US government cracked down because the hippies were starting to question all of the conservative Christian norms which held American society together.

I have yet to see any evidence that psychedelics drain your body or harms your energetic system. If you want to make such claims, bring the evidence. Serious claims require serious evidence.

@Leo Gura Have you ever considered that your health issues are because of constant psychedelic use? That would explain many things. And also prove that these masters were right in when they sayed that it damages the system.

My health issues are an independent variable. I've had a thyroid disease for 10 years, before I even started Actualized.org or knew about psychedelics. I've struggled with it for a long time. And as I get older my health isn't as good as it used to be.

People are far too eager to blame psychedelics for anything that goes wrong.

If I broke my leg tomorrow, people would say, "See! It's those damn psychedelics! I knew it!" Because people are looking any excuse they can find to reject psychedelics. Because psychedelics are gonna nuke that ego and deep down the ego knows it. The ego-mind needs to paint psychedelics as illegitimate. Then it's safe to play its spiritual games. A Buddhist can only keep being a Buddhist if he doesn't do enough psychedelics.

snuffing_indians_big.jpg

Try telling these guys they have energy problems. They will laugh you out of the village.

@Leo Gura fair enough. I'm able to see things through your lenses and I see substancial amout of logic and reason behind your actions. But that's the thing with logic, you can bend it any way you want to. Anyhow, I wish you good luck on your path :) ? I'm eager to see how things unfold next :) ?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

90127770_3263832266980118_1217069598541611008_n.jpg

Exactly!

It is a simple fact that every wrong person in the history of mankind has had logic for why he was right.

This being so, how can anyone trust logic?

On 23/03/2020 at 7:37 PM, electroBeam said:

This is by people who have used psychedelics before.

What are the real dangers of psychedelics? What do you need to watch out for?

Assuming you haven't done them - find out for yourself. It literally doesn't matter for your first trip. Just have a nice setting, meditate, take notes, create art or something, become aware of your own body, and listen to music.  Do not forget to listen to music.

You wont fuck yourself up long term. Caution is good, but to have the best trip possible you should give into your curiosity. Childlike curiosity.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Those people are not Awake.

Anyone who tells you that Awakening is not a state, has never been truly Awake.

Peter Ralston says enlightement is not a state. So you're saying he's not awake either ?

The problem for me is that any respectable teacher I know of says that enlightement is recognition of one  truth exmple Ralston, Ramana Maharshi yet you say that there are levels of it and that it's a state.

Also you say that you are not awake at all time but you accessed high levels of consciousness on on occasions, yet truly enlightemened teachers say that enlightement is true at all time. How else could it be, if it wasn't true at all time it wouldn't be the Truth.

To me it looks like you are having flashy psychedelic experiences and you're mistaking that for enlightement and you've built many mental structures to deny that fact. 

Can you share what levels of consciousness have you accessed without use of psychedelics ?

Edited by wavydude

4 hours ago, wavydude said:

Peter Ralston says enlightement is not a state. So you're saying he's not awake either ?

Yup

The problem for me is that any respectable teacher I know of says that enlightement is recognition of one  truth exmple Ralston, Ramana Maharshi yet you say that there are levels of it and that it's a state.

Yup

Although Peter Ralston acknowledges levels of it. As does any serious spiritual teacher. So be careful how you understand the teachings.

Also you say that you are not awake at all time but you accessed high levels of consciousness on on occasions, yet truly enlightemened teachers say that enlightement is true at all time. How else could it be, if it wasn't true at all time it wouldn't be the Truth.

That's the paradox.

Truth is here all the time, but you are not always aware of it.

Be to Awake is to be in a state of God recognizing itself as God. When Awakening goes away, God is still here. But you aren't aware of it as God.

To me it looks like you are having flashy psychedelic experiences and you're mistaking that for enlightement and you've built many mental structures to deny that fact.

Yes, it seems that way.

But that isn't the case.

Take some 5-MeO-DMT and see for yourself. You don't have to believe me. My claims are scientifically testable.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course that's a huge factor.

Psychedelics have the power to wake people up and melt down all socially constructed belief systems. As a result they are extremely dangerous and threatening to those in positions of power and authority. So they must be locked down and tightly controlled to maintain the illusion of society.

If the US government did not crack down on the hippie psychedelic revolution of the 60's and early 70's, the people in power could not stay in power any longer. Which is why psychedelics are commonly demonized in all cultures. Christians demonized psychedelics and witchcraft because it was a threat to the authority of the corrupt church.

Yogis do this too. If 5-MeO-DMT was widely available, yogis like Sadhguru would be out of business.

That's the best argument regarding pyscdelics I've heard you say so far. 

I've got some changa for quarantine, any tips?

@Leo Gura I just have one question for you Leo.

Are you happy? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup

Yup

So enlightenment at the end does depend on what state your brain is? (Let's use the model of the brain for the sake of the example, we could also says in the state of your conscioussness)

I THOUGHT it was a realization, like for example when I had my first Awakening my overall concern with my personal problems substantially reduced because simply of what I've discovered. That reduced stress overall on my life regarding if my brain was feeling good or bad. My idea until know is that total Awakening is discovering the ultimate truth and knowing that truth basically dissipates all of your fears and so on, like it wouldn't have to depend on what state your brain is (again, you can change brain by conscioussness)

Well fuck that, im out of here to pursue money, sex, and fame because is a more reliable way to put my neurotransmitters in a pleasurable mode LOL

26 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Are you happy? 

Associating happiness to God / Truth is a limiting condition that is imagined. Happiness at the human level is irrelevant. God and Truth are all forms of happiness and unhappiness imaginable - as well as the absence of happiness/unhappiness. 

Sometimes I’m amazed by how strong the human desire for happiness is. If all truth was told, 99% of spiritual teachers would be out of business. 

@LfcCharlie4 It's his path. We can only express concern and provide guidance, it's not our place to tell him what to do and how he ought to do his path.

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sometimes I’m amazed by how strong the human desire for happiness is. 

It's because our very nature is happiness.  People are seeking themselves although most are not aware of this.

56 minutes ago, Globalcollective said:

I've got some changa for quarantine, any tips?

Light her up!

51 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Leo Gura I just have one question for you Leo.

Are you happy? 

I'm not interested in happiness. I'm interested in understanding.

Awakening is not about happiness. Although you will never be as happy as the day you realize what God is.

46 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

So enlightenment at the end does depend on what state your brain is? (Let's use the model of the brain for the sake of the example, we could also says in the state of your conscioussness)

Awakening is a state of consciousness. Which, yes, does depend on certain neurotransmitters.

I THOUGHT it was a realization, like for example when I had my first Awakening my overall concern with my personal problems substantially reduced because simply of what I've discovered. That reduced stress overall on my life regarding if my brain was feeling good or bad. My idea until know is that total Awakening is discovering the ultimate truth and knowing that truth basically dissipates all of your fears and so on, like it wouldn't have to depend on what state your brain is (again, you can change brain by conscioussness)

It is a realization, but this realization requires a certain state. But you can also train up this state so it's fairly stable. That's the point of spiritual practices. They cultivate the state and make the realization easily accessible.

Well fuck that, im out of here to pursue money, sex, and fame because is a more reliable way to put my neurotransmitters in a pleasurable mode LOL

Except it's not reliable at all. And Awakening has nothing to do with pleasure.

The point of pursing Awakening is if you want to discover what reality is.

@Leo Gura does the temporary nature of the state of psychedelics frustrate you, and are you aiming for more permanence? Do you see any sort of practice which can give you a permanent state of 30g of 5-meo-dmt? Or till technology evolves, we are subject to impermanence? 

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The point of pursing Awakening is if you want to discover what reality is.

Unless you're content with the innate fulfillment and peace that come with realizing your true nature. Anything beyond this fulfillment is superfluous, in my humble opinion.