VeganAwake

Benefits of God realization...

18 posts in this topic

What are the benefits in believing / becoming directly aware that I am God?

You can also list the benefits of just believing in god or not believing in god.

Bump...

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Should we also list the detriments? Just asking...hehe

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

No benefits. Ego can't get enough, eh?

No benefits what are we looking for then?

What are the benefits for the ego then haha?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Should we also list the detriments? Just asking...hehe

Actually I think that's a great idea...

PROS

Immortality and much less fear of physical death 

Love

Peace

Taking the reigns of your life

life becomes profound where it used to be mundane and therefore is almost impossible to be bored 

supernatural powers(sometimes)

——————————————

CONS

Hard to fit in with society 

Surrounded by people who are still caught up in the dream

All your materialist friends thinking you’re deluded and trying to argue with you about it

completely alone (literally... being depressed about this is optional)

Can’t find enjoyment in many of the things you used to or the things all your other friends do 

There’s probably more of both that I couldn’t think of off the top of my head at the moment

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@The Lucid Dreamer Thanks for sharing.... there's definitely a resonation with a lot of those.

Embodiment of unconditional love is so powerful..

One big benefit I know Leo's big on.. philosophy becomes clearer, more open mindedness and less self bias

Genesis 27:27-29

@The Lucid Dreamer I wrote a whole post about your point on not enjoying things but my WiFi crashed so I guess it was meant to be shorter!

I basically went through a similar thing of not enjoying things, but then the motivation and joy from them evolves. 

No longer looking for peace and happiness in objects, relationships activities etc as I am already absolutely happy and at peace regardless of what happens. 

Then, life is seen as a means to express this understanding, this happiness, this joy, this love, this fun in ALL areas of life! 

Life is then a celebration of this happiness and we can express that however we see fit, but no matter what happens we are always completely happy, at peace, and fulfilled. This is the absolute freedom of absolute!

Whether it's taking up a sport, deepening your relationships, or going in a cave and meditating, ALL is done as an expression and celebration of this understanding and life is simply to be enjoyed and embraced as ALL is the Divine, All is God, ALL is The Self. 

Paradoxically, as we no longer put demands on things to make us happy, it allows us to enjoy life even more, as no matter the outcome we are completely happy already, so it is like complete freedom that allows us to simply celebrate this understanding however we see fit :) 

I hope you manage to find activities and interests that allow you to do this, it could be anything! 

But, the main difference is, all of it comes from Love.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

20 hours ago, ajasatya said:

No benefits. Ego can't get enough, eh?

The benefit of god realisation is that there is no benefit. 

No dualistic explanation can do it justice.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

23 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What are the benefits in believing / becoming directly aware that I am God?

You can also list the benefits of just believing in god or not believing in god.

Bump...

Bro your on this forum theorizing way too much. Put in work

In collective consciousness, even more love and the resulting compassion for duality.

You stop blaming everyone and the world for all your problems. You also judge less and forgive more. Less suffering within you, and more love and happiness.