Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Can Bernie Make a comeback?

24 posts in this topic

He was expected to win a landslide on super tuesday, but as the centrist had come together in the very last moment, he fell behind joe biden.

Bernie's policy are the most progressive ones in 2020 white house race. Can he,  present underdog, make a comeback here?

Or will we see the repitition of 2016?   

Edited by Annoynymous

It's possible, especially now that Warren dropped out. But the momentum is against him. 

I'm afraid it may not happen. But I'll keep on fighting the good fight.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald bernie posted it on his facebook page an hour ago. I think he has formed a pact with warren.

Screenshot_2020-03-06-01-52-03-588_com.facebook.katana.jpg

@Annoynymous Maybe or maybe not. We'll see if she endorses him. 

First and foremost, Bernie is a nice guy who wants to keep the fight clean. So, there's that.

But more strategically, Bernie wants to pick up Warren's voters. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Bernie can not win without warren voters.

In fact, he lost super tuesday because warren stayed on. Otherwise,  he would have on Massachusetts and one or two other states. 

Edited by Annoynymous

It just seems very concerning that Joe Biden had basically no ground game, didn't step foot into many of these super tuesday states, didn't spend money on ads and still won. Delegate rich Florida coming up where Biden is 50 (yes, that many) points ahead. 

Of course, keep working, keep fighting, obviously. But just know what we are going up against and the odds really don't favour our side.

Hopefully not.

one day this will all be memories

@Annoynymous Bernie’s kind words for Warren may not mean a pact. From a political position, of corse Bernie will praise Warren - it helps that progressive movement and attracts her supporters. 

If Warren wants to make a difference, she needs to endorse Bernie at his Michigan rally this Friday or Sunday. Michigan is an important midwest swing state. If Biden wins Michigan it may be the end of the Bern. 

Trump will be re-elected like the last 3 presidents

@Fenir do you have hypnosis eyes? it sounds a little bit like you would want to hypnotize people here into believing you xD

who knows what will happen there are some open possibilities - there is not even a definitive candidate for the democrats yet. and trump is a bully as much of a stand up doll he is...

i also wonder why some of the dropped out progressive candidates would not want to form a presidential team together under bernie, he said he wants to work together with the movement - there is never just one position in the white house. under bernie their efforts most likely would not go to waste but be supported. this means a whole new working even at the political base.

Edited by remember

There are some stats to show that Bernie has outperformed on Super Tuesday and is closer than when vs. Hillary.
There's some math on it I saw on leddit, where they think he could get 54% of the vote or something. Imo there are a lot of factors working for and against him. 

For:
Bernie's national polling with African Americans is better than 2016, and with Latinos it's HUGELY better than 2016. In some states Bernie got over 80% of the Latino vote.
In head to head polls, Bernie fares well against Biden
More media coverage will inevitably happen when there's 2 candidates
We have 3-4 months or so till the DNC, so there's potential for a momentum swing, debates between Bernie and Biden. I don't think Biden will accept many debates though, if any.
Bernie is utilizing more lite attacks and Obama praises in his ads.

Against:
Turnout has been worse than 2016
No money for ads
Potentail for insane establishment money thanks to more people dropping out
Media coverage of Biden, positioning him as the frontrunner, will swing a lot of the moderates who may have defaulted to Bernie if Biden continued to do poor and Bernie cleaned up on Super Tuesday.
More southern states left with older black vote will continue to gut Bernie's efforts.
Better polling rural and even some suburban white areas this year than what Hillary vs. Bernie was
Out of the next 10 states, Bernie lost 8 of them in 2016.
Clean consolidation on the Establishment side with Pete and Mini Mike, with Elizabeth Warren staying neutral so she can unite the party or whatever later, kind of like Obama.
Lite endorsement from Obama, if you look into the talks that have been going on recently between Obama and Biden, and with how Obama talked with Pete.

The momentum swing is really going to be tough if Bernie can't improve the turnout this next Tuesday. Pennsylvania votes later on and could potentially swing the entire election, but without momentum I doubt it.

A few more:

For: The cable news media wants a horse race for ratings. They favor Biden, yet want Bernie in it for a while longer and will have some fair/positive coverage of Bernie. . . Also, Biden has dementia and it isn’t easy for him and others to hide it. 

Against: Bernie claims the establishment is an existential threat, yet he keeps praising the establishment (Joe is a good guy, a good friend). . . . The “anti-women” image of Bernie and his supporters is sticking - women’s groups that supported Warren are asking Warren not to endorse Bernie. My sense is that Warren will remain on the sidelines until there is a presumptive nominee. I find this disappointing. There are much higher stakes here than some insensitive internet posters. Another 4 years of Trump is on a whole mother level than some rude posts online. Yet unfortunately, people hyper-personalize these things, get personally offended and vote against their greater interest. 

no insults please! you are playing right into that game.

Edited by remember

@remember i am sorry. I have removed it. I was trying to say that if biden gets the nomination, i would support him beacause to me he is better than trump. But i also want to say bernie is better than both biden and trump.

Edited by Annoynymous

@Annoynymous feminists would probably vote for the more conscious candidate in any case, too - but i guess warren supporters are not only feminists.

was there more grudge than the dispute about women’s chances in this years primaries? as you can see no “minority” has a real chance in this years primaries, this is because minorities were fighting about leadership - but it was not about minorities it was about a movement from the start, as long as there are haters no minority will make it but it’s either all together or none. i did not understand what the real problem about this comment was because it’s really tough for women in politics i can see it is even after having a women leader in my country over yers now. a woman against trump would have just made it extremely dirty and maybe even lead to more hate agains women - i even thought that it even is in some sense realistic that this show down would be rough at the frontiers. i don’t think it’s ill intention if men notice that, women in politics also need to have some protection against that - calling it out would not have worked against trump. it’s sad that people seem to not be able to make differences between political competition and real controversy.

mhhh i just read some news, well there seems to be some dirt under the rug not of bernie himself. but of course it must fall back on him if his supporters are *****.

maybe it would be good to address that this is not a sanders vs warren phenomenon but it’s kind of astonishing that sanders supporters show these kinds of behavior and then that also in nevada...

mysogenistic and fascistoid methods are a no go for any progressive movement.

Edited by remember

Warren was running away with it until she backed away from a full-blown medicare for all plan. Had she sticked to her progressive instincts, I doubt Bernie would've made a comeback. She only has herself to blame. 

A beautiful ad that captures human experience. Bernie is a special politician that cares more about helping people than playing politics. 

Could Biden lose a lot more votes than Bernie from the older population if they are staying in due to Coronavirus?

Jesse Jackson has endorsed Bernie and that's exactly what was needed, more african-american voters.