Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Can Bernie Make a comeback?

24 posts in this topic

@Annoynymous Yes, he is one of the most important civil right activists of our time.  

Edited by fridjonk

i‘m not in this battle so i can not see exactly what it is what drew african american voters more to biden than to bernie in the last poll. i guess it’s how the news say, mostly loyalty to obama’s presidency. and it’s understandable in sense of progressiveness and popularity he‘s still my favorite president (aside all things he had to manage which were not his choice to turn out a certain way - that’s a presidents loss too). in general i must confess that a lot of values i value today and a lot of streangths i got from us culture through television came not from europo americans but indeed from  afro american culture. such values like self esteem or pride in being a valuable person. some of my greatest heroes in television and music and fashion were afro americans, i felt with them through their losses and happiness. it seemed like my heroes had this mission to shine brighter than anyone else to those who fight for what is, is not to forget. and obama asked for change - he was a path maker - he himself said it was not good to praise him to early on. the question now is what is obama’s legacy? what was it that he wanted? why should this now be different? 

sometimes small people stand up to ask great people to stand up for them, with them. let’s hope people stand up for change.

Edited by remember

21 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@fridjonk I don't know him. Is he an influential person among african american voters?

Jesse Jackson was a prominent civil rights leader decades ago. His influential peak was probably in the 1980s. He likely has a positive impact on older black voters, yet less so with younger black voters. I imagine that a lot of young people haven't even heard of Jesse Jackson. For young black voters, I think someone like Cardi B's endorsement of Bernie would have much more impact.