Beginner Mind

Is awakening as Awareness not the ultimate goal?

89 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

You better watch it dammit I don't want you to be eating magic brownies next week and posting threads about how you realized your brownies are Enlightenment because they make you happy. ... 

xD You are an interesting character.  I'm actually planning to watch it.  Don't worry.

@Beginner Mind I was joking by the way hehe... I'm sure you figured that out but just in case ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

46 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Yes, the latter is what I'm referring to.  A happiness that shines even in the midst of negative feelings/experiences.  A knowing that "all is well" even when things do not appear to be well.  To experience this happiness is the ultimate goal of the spiritual search, in my opinion.  Attempting to go beyond this realization is completely unnecessary.  There is no higher goal than happiness.

What I wrote about unconditional happiness is very radical. It is not dependent on any conditions. It is a happiness of what is happening now, regardless of what is happening. “Well” and “not well” are relative add-ons. (Yet are very important relative to the human). 

Well or not well is irrelevant in this context. I’m not talking about the happiness of a silver lining during times of pain, anxiety and distress. I’m saying the pain, anxiety and distress itself is happiness since unconditional happiness has zero conditions. Unhappiness is also Happiness. 

A relative happiness is quite different and what 99.99999% of people mean when they say “happiness”.

If unconditional happiness is the goal of the search, don’t waste time seeking happy feelings. That’s the easy part. Seek the unconditional happiness of Now - even while experiencing unhappy feelings like pain and anxiety - such that the pain and anxiety itself is happiness. The happiness of whatever is happening now. That is a deep break through. And it is always freely available, because it is always present Now. 

Well to be THIS. 

Heaven can not can not my glory type of..... Doesn't matter just accept. It's just insane. 

Ok it's this. Really is. Really is something without a shadow of a doubt it is. 

Just laugh what else.

It is what it is. Be Godhead. 

Endless joy and what not. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Not having any resistance to what is.

Full acceptance of the current situation.

This does not not mean that you brainwash yourself into liking everything or become a meditating pacifist accepting all behaviors...

Rather when there is no resistance to what is, suffering is reduced greatly and there's a peaceful undertone in all walks of life ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Serotoninluv Yeah I do agree. 

But to really be it you will be turned inside out so to speak. 

You will not be able to maintain Laughter for example because to Really be THIS. It's infinite humour. You will laugh all the time. Not just that but many other facets so to speak. 

You literally will feel Being as God. 

So THIS is not something peaceful and I accept it because it is what is in that way. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Beginner Mind regarding your original question - no there are multiple awakenings to multiple facettes of awareness, not all of them are facettes they can be states of awareness of multiple qualities. happiness is not the awareness of emptiness nor the awareness of suffering.

Try to beat THIS THIS...

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What if there were no goals?

What if there was no meaning purpose or value to anything and it was recognised these are just concepts created by the disease of the Mind.

What if nothing really mattered..

Would you feel afraid or free?

Yeah, nothing matters... Until You're fired from your job. Then suddenly nothing matters a whole lot more than it did before lol

@Serotoninluv I just want the happiness that was experienced when I recognized my true nature.  It seemed like unconditional happiness to me, as there was absolutely no cause or reason for it.  Just total causeless joy and fulfillment.  Whether it's actually possible to experience this happiness permanently or not, well, I'm hopeful but not holding my breath.  For now, I'm content with having small glimpses of my true nature.

Edited by Beginner Mind

@Aaron p I just disagree with Leo's assessment of other teachers.  Like, does anyone honestly believe Eckhart Tolle isn't fully awake?  To me, being awake is not a matter of having the answers to all questions about reality, but rather, simply recognizing your true nature and experiencing the peace and happiness that are inherent within it.

@Beginner Mind That Happiness is ever-present right now. There’s some layers of beliefs, identify, a paradigm, a paradox or two, “covering it” like clouds in a clear sky. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Beginner Mind That Happiness is ever-present right now. There’s some layers of beliefs, identify, a paradigm, a paradox or two, “covering it” like clouds in a clear sky. 

Agreed 100%.  Rupert Spira uses that exact analogy.  I guess the trick is, how to remove the clouds?  So far, I've only managed to do this during self-inquiry.

1 hour ago, BETGR164128 said:

Yeah, nothing matters... Until You're fired from your job. Then suddenly nothing matters a whole lot more than it did before lol

That communication isn't saying there isn't apparent consequences...

It's saying that the consequences and outcome have no meaning purpose or value.

Whether you keep the job whether you lose the job whether you find a better job whether you go on unemployment whether you're homeless...

Nothing matters in that sense... who knows you may have the experience of your life living under the bridge with an enlightened homeless guy...

Basically whatever path is taken isn't any better than any other path...

Only the mind with an agenda thinks otherwise...

Edited by VeganAwake

57 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

That communication isn't saying there isn't apparent consequences...

It's saying that the consequences and outcome have no meaning purpose or value.

Whether you keep the job whether you lose the job whether you find a better job whether you go on unemployment whether you're homeless...

Nothing matters in that sense... who knows you may have the experience of your life living under the bridge with an enlightened homeless guy...

Basically whatever path is taken isn't any better than any other path...

Only the mind with an agenda thinks otherwise...

I look at it as Absolute and relative domains.  Purpose and meaning are relative.  From the Absolute perspective it is perfection.   It just IS.  There is no duality so there is no difference between anything.

But as humans we dwell in the realm of the relative - though through wisdom we can embody the Absolute and take that perspective as much as we can in our daily lives.  Although a degree of relativism is necessary for survival.  Because if you took the Absolute perspective all the time in the relative domain than that would mean to you there would be no difference between walking off a cliff and not walking off a cliff.   And from the Absolute there isn't.  But if you wish to remain in this domain than you must take into account relativity.

in Truth though we are in duality it is still a part of non-duality.  And simultaneously it is non-duality.  So it's all One.  The finger is also the hand.  It is just shifts in perspective.  Shifts in consciousness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

41 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Agreed 100%.  Rupert Spira uses that exact analogy.  I guess the trick is, how to remove the clouds?  So far, I've only managed to do this during self-inquiry.

By inspecting them. Anything sufficiently inspected disappears. They’re illuminated by you.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE