Beginner Mind

Is awakening as Awareness not the ultimate goal?

89 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I look at it as Absolute and relative domains.  Purpose and meaning are relative.  From the Absolute perspective it is perfection.   It just IS.  There is no duality so there is no difference between anything.

But as humans we dwell in the realm of the relative - though through wisdom we can embody the Absolute and take that perspective as much as we can in our daily lives.  Although a degree of relativism is necessary for survival.  Because if you took the Absolute perspective all the time in the relative domain than that would mean to you there would be no difference between walking off a cliff and not walking off a cliff.   And from the Absolute there isn't.  But if you wish to remain in this domain than you must take into account relativity.

in Truth though we are in duality it is still a part of non-duality.  And simultaneously it is non-duality.  So it's all One.  The finger is also the hand.  It is just shifts in perspective.  Shifts in consciousness.

Relative absolute duality and non-duality are just words. 

The experience is where the answer lies.

If the sense of self has not fallen away, the experience will feel like a separate individual here, experiencing existence out there. (This is a relative/dual experience) This is called Maya the illusion of the self / duality.

If the sense of self has fallen away, the experience will feel like existence experiencing itself as itself. (This would be considered non-dual awareness or non-duality)

But in the biggest picture possible and when Awakening occurs it's recognized that the separate self never actually existed, it was just an illusion.

And what does the separate self represent? Duality. 

Duality isn't real, it only feels real from inside the illusion. ❤

You literally cannot grasp this with the mind because the mind thinks dualistically.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Relative absolute duality and non-duality are just words. 

The experience is where the answer lies.

If the sense of self has not fallen away, the experience will feel like a separate individual here, experiencing existence out there. (This is a relative/dual experience) This is called Maya the illusion of the self / duality.

If the sense of self has fallen away, the experience will feel like existence experiencing itself as itself. (This would be considered non-dual awareness or non-duality)

But in the biggest picture possible and when Awakening occurs it's recognized that the separate self never actually existed, it was just an illusion.

And what does the separate self represent? Duality. 

Duality isn't real, it only feels real from inside the illusion. ❤

You literally cannot grasp this with the mind because the mind thinks dualistically.

Yes I'm not disagreeing with you in that sense...I'm not talking about the separate self in particular I'm talking about all distinction.  All distinction is illusory, including the self.  But i prefer the term imaginary.   All of this is imaginary.   But since imagination is all there is - then by default there is no difference between real and imaginary. There is nothing else to contrast it with.    And thus, imagination, or illusion as you call it, becomes reality.   That is how everything is created from nothing.   

When all distinctions collapse you have Absolute Infinity which is everything and nothing simultaneously.  Everything is nothing.   That is Absolute Truth. 

It's not just word games.  I'm not disagreeing with you either I'm just adding a broader context then just the self being an illusion :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@VeganAwake one thing i do wanna point out though to your point on non-duality:

"If the sense of self has fallen away, the experience will feel like existence experiencing itself as itself. (This would be considered non-dual awareness or non-duality)"

That's exactly right.  That is a mystical state.  If you think you are in non-duality right now you are fooling yourself because you aren't.  A state of samdhi is mystical.  I think that is where you and i disagree and that's OK.  

You can have non-dual awareness after awakening - what i mean by that is being able to embody it  and be aware of it (conscious and awake to Infinity or your true nature) afterwards -but in a non-dual state you are pure Consciousness.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

One thing happening appearing as many ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

One thing happening appearing as many ❤

indeed..it's this :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1  Andreas Muller is having an open webinar tomorrow at 11a.m. California time. It's free if you are interested ?.. just Google Andreas Muller non-duality.. his website tells you how to participate ?

I think by happiness he’s referring to what guys like Rupert and Francis refer to.

As in: 

Awareness = Happiness = Peace = Love

”Peace and Happiness are Inherent within consciousness.” 

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/peace_and_happiness_are_inherent_in_consciousness

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I remember that one, that's a great video ❤

@VeganAwake Yes bro! If you ask people what they want 99% of people will say happiness! (Unless they're starving or something) 

And, then we stop demanding things and people to give us happiness and paradoxically we can enjoy them even more! 

Life is beautiful :x

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

@Inliytened1  Andreas Muller is having an open webinar tomorrow at 11a.m. California time. It's free if you are interested ?.. just Google Andreas Muller non-duality.. his website tells you how to participate ?

Ok - but that's just more concept when non-duality Is pure Being.  One has to drop the concepts at some point.  As you said it can't be grasped or known with the mind because for there to be someone to know non-duality is to already have gone too far.  Have to collapse knowing into Being.  It is the death of the self or the realization that there was never a self.  But a direct realization as pure Being.  No knowing is in the way that's why its mystical or paradoxical.  :)?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's interesting how much description and belief there is about the 'imaginary'....haha.

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

It's interesting how much description and belief there is about the 'imaginary'....haha.

Way too much :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@VeganAwake Yes bro! If you ask people what they want 99% of people will say happiness! (Unless they're starving or something) 

And, then we stop demanding things and people to give us happiness and paradoxically we can enjoy them even more! 

Life is beautiful :x

I agree... it's incredible when it's recognized what the Seeker wants is what the Seeker already is.❤

20190814_152557.jpg

Edited by VeganAwake

@VeganAwake Is it bad that I literally can hear that in Eckhart's voice from how many times I listened to the Power of Now xD

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@VeganAwake Is it bad that I literally can hear that in Eckhart's voice from how many times I listened to the Power of Now xD

Only if you think so ?

It's interesting as Consciousness expands every time I go back to a teaching it feels like I'm reading it for the first time, you seem to understand things on a deeper level...

Actually I heard he stole this from Rupert...?

8 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I think by happiness he’s referring to what guys like Rupert and Francis refer to.

As in: 

Awareness = Happiness = Peace = Love

”Peace and Happiness are Inherent within consciousness.” 

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/peace_and_happiness_are_inherent_in_consciousness

Yes, exactly!  I'm referring to the happiness that Rupert Spira points to.  Not a state that comes and goes, but a happiness that is inherent within our true nature.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Beginner Mind

Have you written the thought out on a dry erase board, and applied the inspection model of: Thought, perception, sensation?

I have not.  I have done self-inquiry recently which gave me a glimpse of my true nature.  But that's the extent of my spiritual work thus far.

@Beginner Mind  all the separate self / seeking energy can do is seek. It feels separate and incomplete. The seeking perpetuates it's reality and keeps you seeking infinitely. But there's nothing to find because you are already complete.

The trick is to recognize this, step off the hamster wheel, turn that seeking energy 180 degrees and go within to recognize your true nature.❤

Who am I?

What does this 'I' consist of?

Where in the body is this 'I' located?