Beginner Mind

Is awakening as Awareness not the ultimate goal?

89 posts in this topic

@VeganAwake I'd say it's a matter of inquiring intelligently, rather than seeking.

Edited by Beginner Mind

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

I have not.  I have done self-inquiry recently which gave me a glimpse of my true nature.  But that's the extent of my spiritual work thus far.

You might say self inquiry was a ‘parting of the clouds’, and inspection work is understanding how you are recreating the clouds. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You might say self inquiry was a ‘parting of the clouds’, and inspection work is understanding how you are recreating the clouds. 

Why not just bypass the clouds and go straight towards the clear blue sky?

@Beginner Mind Sure. I’m just not a fan of bypassing. Seems that when we do, that ‘same old problem’ just comes around again. I favor deeper lasting wakefulness & bliss, and the creating of the life one most genuinely wants. I’d go so far as to say anything less is bypassing...which is fine too.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

31 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

@VeganAwake I'd say it's a matter of inquiring intelligently, rather than seeking.

What's longed-for is what already is..

Sometimes what can be found during the seeking is the knowledge that there is nothing to be found ❤

It's a falling away not a gain.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

42 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

What's longed-for is what already is.

If that's your genuine experience of life, then I congratulate you.  Must be quite peaceful/beautiful.

44 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Sometimes what can be found during the seeking is the knowledge that there is nothing to be found ❤

I'd say there is something to be found: your true nature.  That's where self-inquiry comes in.

59 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Beginner Mind Sure. I’m just not a fan of bypassing. Seems that when we do, that ‘same old problem’ just comes around again. I favor deeper lasting wakefulness & bliss, and the creating of the life one most genuinely wants. I’d go so far as to say anything less is bypassing...which is fine too.

Yeah, I don't think that approach is for me.  Seems like a lot of work.  With all due respect.

Edited by Beginner Mind

I'm going to address the topic of 'awakening as awareness' as the 'ultimate goal'.

Aside from the fact that the idea of an 'goal' is a self interested motivation, which doesn't mean it's bad or wrong, it's just that what it is. Eating is a self interest motivated goal, there are plenty of 'goals' that fall into this variety of pursuits.

An 'ultimate goal' I'm going to surmise is one of ultimate importance, or a supreme pursuit. As far as 'awakening as awareness' as an ultimate one that is a matter of interpretation or preference, there is no authority to anoint it as such.

That this 'no-self' just 'awakening to awareness' conceptual paradigm being anything other than your own perspective and preference isn't substantiated as any absolute truth. As someone who has explored this in my own experience I can attest there's nothing more 'absolute truth' about it, it's an imaginary concept.

Even if there is perspective to be had in this imaginary paradigm of consciousness in reality it is also can serve as a denial of what is at all levels of experience. Just because one has a view from this perspective doesn't mean it is the absolute truth and the physical doesn't exist or isn't real.

An acceptance of all experience in physical, emotional, intellectual and consciousness is the holistic approach even if one chooses to form their paradigm of beliefs from a portion of this experience or from all of it. A one-ness perspective wouldn't deny or dismiss any part of the whole since it is all one.

Also, things like happiness, peace, fulfillment, bliss, joy or any of these types of descriptions of something we would experience are byproducts of our inner life. They result from the environment of our inner life and may not necessarily be in accordance to the circumstance of our outer life.

Liberation is the cessation of self suffering and those things like peace, joy and bliss are an expression of liberation. In my experience anything that doesn't contribute to this presence of being can serve to be a distraction from it.

Something to consider.

Edited by SOUL