Fenir

Why should I ever meditate?

18 posts in this topic

so I should just take psychedelics and that's it? I don't need the alleged benefits of meditation, such as lessening anger issues

so I should not meditate and that's it?

Why are you kidding yourself? 

As though you don't know that meditation works. 

Do your spiritual work and focus on meditation. If psychedelics work for you, then try them. That in no way ever means that meditation should be skipped. 

It takes patience and a ton of hard work. But the fruits of labor are always sweet. 

Don't skip on the good things in life! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Why are you kidding yourself? 

As though you don't know that meditation works. 

Do your spiritual work and focus on meditation. If psychedelics work for you, then try them. That in no way ever means that meditation should be skipped. 

It takes patience and a ton of hard work. But the fruits of labor are always sweet. 

Don't skip on the good things in life! 

in the latest video leo says otherwise, why meditate when meditation won't lead you to the level leo is at, instead of using something more effective like psychedelics?

if the latest teaching transcends meditation and you're just wasting time if you aren't taking psychedelics, why do it? or I guess why do it daily

7 minutes ago, Fenir said:

in the latest video leo says otherwise, why meditate when meditation won't lead you to the level leo is at, instead of using something more effective like psychedelics?

if the latest teaching transcends meditation and you're just wasting time if you aren't taking psychedelics, why do it? or I guess why do it daily

You need some thorough preparation before doing psychedelics. You can't jump into that stuff right off the bat. 

It can lead to delusions and instability. Your mind should have some level of clarity and confidence before you do your trips

Some people do meditation right before the trip to remain level headed. 

So in short the answer is prepare your mind with daily spiritual practice, meditation and self inquiry. Then when you feel stable enough you can start trying other ways to change your consciousness. 

Remember that these substances change your consciousness and thinking patterns, change your perception. 

You could have a huge sudden unexpected ego death that you may not be able to deal with without sufficient spiritual understanding to cope with a new plane of consciousness. 

It's not impossible to do meditation and it's the safest. 

It changes your consciousness but gradually and readjusts you to it. 

So go slow. Start with some consciousness practice like meditation like meditation which will serve as a warm up before you start heavy lifting. 

To me this attitude is very reflective of the 'must have it now' generation. Seems like Leo has stopped enjoying the journey at this point and is becoming too reliant on psychedelics.

Meditation will let you grow into your awakening rather than being blasted with something that maybe you're not ready to handle.

46 minutes ago, Fenir said:

so I should just take psychedelics and that's it? I don't need the alleged benefits of meditation, such as lessening anger issues

Don't be one-sided, learn to deal with paradoxes, life is rarely about this OR that, it's a mix, a spectrum.

This kind of extremist mentality will keep you in mediocrity forever, that's what mentally lazy people do, look for definite, short, clear answers. Black and white thinking is cancer. 

Meditation can be used as a tool to calm the mind, make you more aware of the present moment and can overall make you happier. 

I think when Leo talks about meditation he refers to the awakening aspect of it. You may not be able to reach the same levels of awakening as you would be able to with psychs while meditating. 

So yea meditation is still important even if you arent having earth-shattering "aha!" moments each time.

"You Create Magic" 

2 hours ago, Fenir said:

Of course meditation has benefits in lessening anger issues. 

2 hours ago, Fenir said:

With meditation, thinking slows down and It’s easier to feel clearly & be aware of how we create anger, and therefore no longer would. Is that a benefit of meditation? Yes, relative to that you are already creating anger. Do you need meditation? Nope.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Fenir first of all - my life for aiur and secondly, test meditation out for a good year and see what exactly it does for you.

Edit: en taro Tassadar.

Edited by Applegarden

Don't do it because you have to. Do it because there's nothing else you'd rather do. 

How do you get there? By meditating. Because to meditate means to tune into that which you enjoy the most. Being yourself.
In other words, peace. And there's nothing more transforming than that. Even though you couldn't care less about that anymore.
Why would you? You are at peace already.

See, these questions wether to meditate or not, wouldn't even arise from a peaceful state. That peace is meditation. 

So find out about the absolute joy in that. That's how you will keep coming back automatically, instead of always having to force yourself. 
Meditation shouldn't take any effort. Effort is what's being surrendered.

6 hours ago, Fenir said:

Chasing higher levels or something better than meditation comes from a place that is not at peace. Something that's always looking for the next best thing. Or in other words, overlooking the peace that is already here.

With meditation, this can be surrendered too. 

Peace is peaceful. And you are it.

I used psychedelics fairly frequently and also in high doses prior to forming a meditation and self-inquiry habit. Of course I had non-dual experiences while under the influence, but I had no idea what to make of them and I couldn't integrate them effectively. The trip was over and so was the higher consciousness.

I made easy progress in the beginning of self-inquiry and meditation as I was able to remember my psychedelic experiences and consolidate the insights I had into my sober mind, by reflecting on their truth. If I hadn't began practicing I would've just continued to have intense high-consciousness experiences every time I took psychedelics, but never really investigate how the experience relates to ordinary existence.

Also, what if all it takes is for you to meditate for 10 minutes, and then you become enlightened?

Putting God realization aside, you should meditate for health and wellness reasons at least. 

-Lung capacity

-Calming Nervous System/Digestion

-Sleep Quality

-Calming monkey mind (lowering stress hormones)

-Present moment awareness/increase in mental fortitude

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Just now, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Putting God realization aside, you should meditate for health and wellness reasons at least. 

-Lung capacity

-Calming Nervous System/Digestion

-Sleep Quality

-Calming monkey mind (lowering stress hormones)

-Present moment awareness/increase in mental fortitude

I second that. 

15 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Don't do it because you have to. Do it because there's nothing else you'd rather do. 

How do you get there? By meditating. Because to meditate means to tune into that which you enjoy the most. Being yourself.
In other words, peace. And there's nothing more transforming than that. Even though you couldn't care less about that anymore.
Why would you? You are at peace already.

See, these questions wether to meditate or not, wouldn't even arise from a peaceful state. That peace is meditation. 

So find out about the absolute joy in that. That's how you will keep coming back automatically, instead of always having to force yourself. 
Meditation shouldn't take any effort. Effort is what's being surrendered.

Chasing higher levels or something better than meditation comes from a place that is not at peace. Something that's always looking for the next best thing. Or in other words, overlooking the peace that is already here.

With meditation, this can be surrendered too. 

Peace is peaceful. And you are it.

What a wonderful message

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

@TrynaBeTurquoise Exactly, so many people meditate these days that aren't into Non-Duality or Awakening and get huge benefits from it. 

Of course, it's without them knowing helping them awaken to their true nature but simultaneously helping them reduce anxiety, depression, help them sleep, physical benefits etc 

Well said! It's part of the reason I still meditate post awakening. 

P,S. I know you love good ol Ben, but have you ever followed Wim Hof's breathing, I'm thinking of starting it? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Because it's a reliable key for the gradual expansion of your mind.

Nothing in my quest for truth or self mastery stuck until I established my meditation practice. I mean that. LSD won't teach you discipline.

@LfcCharlie4 Yeah theres a section in boundless where he explains the wim hoff breathing technique clearly. Mixing shorter rapid breaths with breath holds at the end of a round. It's similar to shamanic breathing. It will definitely alter your consciousness, I need to get back to doing it. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry