LfcCharlie4

Chronic Sinusitis

32 posts in this topic

Not one to self diagnose, but this has been an issue for a while. 

Basically, never Ill, but have a kind of blocked and stuffy nose consistently, and then recently have had some tension headaches and dry throat in the mornings. And, it's extremely annoying to have despite cleaning up my diet and lifestyle further this year xD 

I didn't think much of it, but my GF mentioned second-hand smoke can cause excess mucus, and a study showed it could be responsible for up to 40% of Chronic Sinusitis (idk if I have that yet). 

My mum is a very heavy smoker and has been all of my life, and although I don't smoke I think this could be the cause, but I'm not sure what I can really do as I still live at home with my parents, and telling someone to quit smoking isn't as easy as it sounds. Some smokers are so heavily addicted it's unreal. 

I'm really not sure what else it could be, I'm going to try and book an appointment with a GP this week and get it sorted but wondered if anyone had any tips here for how i can sort this out naturally/ prevent damage from Secondhand smoke. 

I bought an air purifier and have a Himalayan Salt lamp but it isn't doing much either.

I'm open to anything, I know the ideal is either move out or get my Mum to quit, but believe me, I have tried for years and years. The only good thing is it's put me off smoking for life. 

Thanks for any help guys :)

https://www.health24.com/Medical/Sinusitis/News/how-secondhand-smoke-boosts-sinusitis-risk-20180821

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Sounds like you might be dehydrated. Getting enough water? Sometimes combining prolonged fasts with eating cooked foods, results in triggering detox symptoms or mini healing crisis as you describe. The question is what is your body continuously trying to dispel in the mornings. Do you ask your mUm to smoke outside only? I recommend juicing, apple grapefruit, ginger root, celery, good stuff 

@DrewNows Hey man, this has been going on for months though, and I've never done a prolonged fast- longest is 24 hours, which I've only ever done twice. And, the first one was after this continuous blocked/ stuffy nose happened. 

I ask on a daily basis- 'It's too cold' it's genuinely pushing me towards moving out very soon, I know it's causing me a lot of issues. 

In terms of what I'm dispelling, it's without sounding disgusting basically Phlegm, normal blocked nose stuff, but I Sauna/ Steam Room 3 times per week, maybe I'll focus more on Steam to help. 

In terms of water, I drink around 2-3L a day. 

And thank you, I've been drinking a lot of Green and Ginger tea. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Hey man, this has been going on for months though, and I've never done a prolonged fast- longest is 24 hours, which I've only ever done twice. And, the first one was after this continuous blocked/ stuffy nose happened.

oh i thought you said you skip a meal or something regularly. Anyways, sounds like elimination diet might help, but it could seriously be that smokiness. 

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I ask on a daily basis- 'It's too cold' it's genuinely pushing me towards moving out very soon, I know it's causing me a lot of issues. 

Damn man, buy her a nice robe and some warm slippers then throw those bloody cigs outside anytime you see them inside. work to clean out the smoke already in the house, maybe consider moving out haha. Wish you the best, like i wish liverpool the best in the next few games lol 

12 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

In terms of what I'm dispelling, it's without sounding disgusting basically Phlegm, normal blocked nose stuff, but I Sauna/ Steam Room 3 times per week, maybe I'll focus more on Steam to help. 

I know you're not really into prolonged fasting but i'd recommend a fresh juice or water only, taken day by day to see how much you can expel 

Cheers mate 

I suffered with chronic sinusitis when I was with a girl. Haven't suffered from it neither before nor after. So maybe your girl is the problem, lol!

I suspect your problem is due to air quality in general and not just second-hand smoke. Stress and poor sleep could also be contributing to the inflammatory response.

I wouldn't worry too much about secondhand smoke. It's not as harmful as people tend to believe.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Hi!

Yes, it could be the second hand smoke. Also, could be allergies or enlarged adenoids. I'd suggest seeing an ENT doctor. 

My son has allergies to cats, but loves cats and can barely breathe through his nose his entire life and he's 27 now! It hasn't effected his taste, but he is a mouth breather. We tried medication, air quality machines, special allergy covers for bedding, etc., keeping his room a 'clean' room from cats, nothing worked. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I had the same problem as you. My nose was blocked all the time, I became a mouth breather. It was particularly bad in the morning. But I didn't have any smokers in my house. I still have this problem but it's way less. Even now if I burn an incense stick even mildly it causes the blockage to come about. Doctors couldn't figure it out and my parents didn't care anyway, they thought it was a minor issue, 

What helped me was to start going to walk and to start running. Stay outdoors more. While I was running the blockage would go away usually. Another thing which really helped was to be relaxed and to be aware of my body (See body awareness video). Perhaps being relaxed and aware of my body was more or as important for me. Get proper sleep, eat properly, and stay out of stressful situations. Also stay away from smoke and heavy scents (goes without saying).

If it gets too bad there are nasal sprays that you can get from your doctor. There is this article from Isha yoga which I found helpful. They have other ones too, just google "Isha yoga nasal blockage".

https://isha.sadhguru.org/ca/en/wisdom/article/coping-with-nasal-allergies-the-yoga-way

This one was very helpful (it tasted bad but it was worth it): 

"Crush about 10 to 12 pepper corns [black pepper] roughly and soak them in a couple of spoons of honey overnight (about 8 to 12 hours). In the morning you consume this and just chew upon the pepper. Mixing some turmeric with the honey should also work. If you avoid all dairy products, your phlegm will go down naturally."

This is a pepper corn jsuk,

download (1).jpg

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

I'm suffering from it right now. 

It's painful 

Exercise 

Lots of water 

Inhale steam

Stay away from allergen 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The other week, my mom was in town for Mardi Gras with friends, she had this lingering cough and was all up in arms about not wanting to be sick during the trip. One evening it got real bad, she was ready to go to the doc and get some antibiotics or some prescription. I convinced her to let me make her a juice remedy that would have her better in no time. Used a life regenerator lemon blast recipe, juicing ginger root, celery, apple, lemon, beet and pepper together. That night she woke up, had a big cough up session and was feeling much better in the morning. She was amazed and everyone else had to try some after that xD

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows Thanks for the ideas mate. And, that juice recipe sounds awesome, I seriously need to get a juicer. 

@Derek White I will try that thank you, I could get outside more. I mainly workout in the Gym, Exercise Bike or Swimming in the winter, so that's a good point. In terms of sleep, I get 7-8 hours a night and eat WFPB. 

@Commodent Maybe I'll get another and bigger air purifier for my room or something? 

@Preety_India Yeah I figured Steam will help, it helped this morning and going to switch to Steam Room instead of Sauna for a while.

@Anna1 Yep, going to attempt to book the doctors today. I'm sorry about your son, I hope he can resolve it :) 

I've been suffering from this for as long I can remember. Alternated nostril congestion. Usually both are between 65-70% open. Sometimes one completely blocked. It used to be worse when I had bad allergies but even since getting rid of those, this hasn't really got away. I suspect I might have developed nasal polyps from years of allergies that causes me constant chronic inflammation in upper nose. Maybe that's your case as well and those need to be surgically removed. 

Tried everything from cleansing diets, herbs, mushrooms, netti-pods, alternated breathing, acupressure. Never had any luck. Let me know if you find anything :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I was counting on you for some awesome advice ;) 

Maybe, I got lucky and caught this earlyish, I'm going to try the advice here. I made a mixture of boiling water and Vix earlier and have done deep breathing twice over the bowl and my nose hasn't felt clearer for months! So, I will keep doing this and try everything else recommended here and do more research!

Have you tried a neti pot yet? Make sure you read the instructions well, the water must be boiled and cooled in case there are any (brain eating) xD amoebas or bacteria. 

I developed a bad dust mite allergy a few years ago. The neti pot worked until I was able to figure out that it was my bedding and down winter jackets. All allergy proof bedding and a new coat fixed it. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@LfcCharlie4 I highly recommend that you try snorting a tiny bit of sodium ascorbate into both nostrils. Don't be tempted to use ascorbic acid because it's too acidic, try to find sodium ascorbate and please give it a go. If it works for you then please write a comment to let everyone know about it. An 8th to a quarter of a gram should be enough. 

Edited by BETGR164128

37 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

That's the one. The benefits are endless. Please let us know how you got on 

I smoke everyday and got that with some weeds.

maybe look on the track of blood pressure.

many subtances will be vasoconstrictor or the reverse.

even thea of coffee.

coffee makes my nose stuffy when it goes off ( even I feel "comedown" ), just as bad cokaïne. ( but I don't take those drugs, only once every 2 years )

it's not because you're a passive smoker, unless you live close door with your mum smoking every hour.

I smoke and have those only on bad weed aswell. ( nose clog )

Edited by SickLuv

@BETGR164128 Aside from what you recommended, is there any other uses of it?

@BETGR164128 Through normal ingestion or using it how?