Gneh Onebar

The Healing Power of Psychedelics

44 posts in this topic

@Anna1 I don't think everyone in the world should buy LSD and start dropping acid no. But I wouldn't be where i'm at on the path without the drugs. There's no question they were integral to my growth. Some people aren't ready and the trips would be too much. But many people are ready, they have just convinced themselves in thinking that they are not ready.

Edited by Raptorsin7

52 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

yeah Anna why would you waste your life like that?

If @Anna1 doesn't want to do psychedelics it's totally her choice and good for her, it in no way means her life is wasted. Her life is good as long as she lives it on her terms. Understand that psychedelics is not applicable to every or all people. Only those who are comfortable with it can do it.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Anna1 I don't think everyone in the world should buy LSD and start dropping acid no. But I would be where i'm at on the path without the drugs. There's no question they were integral to my growth. Some people aren't ready and the trips would be too much. But many people are ready, they have just convinced themselves in thinking that they are not ready.

I have multiple sclerosis and epilepsy...and that's not my full medical history, but its enough to say, it's probably not a good idea. 

@Preety_India

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 If you're not ready, then you're not ready and don't force yourself to do it. But i won't tell you that you can't do it because it's not true. 

Research others with your medical history who have tried the drugs. I bet they are out there.

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Anna1 If you're not ready, then you're not ready and don't force yourself to do it. But i won't tell you that you can't do it because it's not true. 

Research others with your medical history who have tried the drugs. I bet they are out there.

...and what about ppl on medications that fill their serotonin receptors already or ppl with mental illness or history of severe psychosis?

Who said anything about not being ready? Its not about that.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 I wouldn't recommend someone already on medication to try it. I would say wait until you can live comfortably without medication before you think about trying psychcs. 

Same with someone with history of psychosis. I would say give time to the point where you haven't had a psychotic episode in a long time, or you have been in remission from x mental disease, before you try them.

When i was 19 i thought my hair was falling out and I would be bald like my dad. I went from straight A's in college to straight F's and I would spend 10 plus hours a day thinking about how much of a loser I would be because i'm going to be bald. I never went to a therapist etc, but i'm pretty sure I would have got a diagnois for some sort of mental illness because I was pretty crazy then. I could have said i'll never do psyhcs ever because It could cause me to go back to the psychosis like symptoms i had when I was 19. Good thing I didn't listen to that particular chain of thinking.

Well, ppl with serious mental illness shouldn't be going off their meds, ever, because they are life long illnesses. I'm not talking about the ppl depressed because they lost their job or are losing their hair, nope. I'm talking about Bipolar and schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, psychotic disorder, etc.

Anyways, self inquiry can get you realization of your true nature. You don't need LSD. I don't even know if LSD gets you Self-realization or just some fancy mystical experience.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 All human beings can awaken, and reach a point where they don't need drugs, conditions, labels etc. But this is my belief. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. 

I got self realization on LSD. I had been meditating for 3 years, and I realized I was not even close without LSD. 

People with serious mental illnesses can eventually get off meds if they do the sufficient work, practices, etc. I don't believe in life long illnesses.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

People with serious mental illnesses can eventually get off meds if they do the sufficient work, practices, etc. I don't believe in life long illnesses.

I see, yes, that's your belief. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I got self realization on LSD. I had been meditating for 3 years, and I realized I was not even close without LSD. 

I didn't need LSD or psychedelics. After a year of Self-inquiry, reading, etc in 2010 I realized my true nature experentially. 

What that is like on LSD verses it just hitting you over the head, naturally, during Self inquiry. I don't know. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

16 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

amen to that, they may need the right remedy/treatment and mindset, something allopathic medicine is notorious for not providing. Labels and adopted beliefs can be extremely limiting, thankfully people are waking up to the truth in simplicity of understanding true vitality. 

@Anna1 Psychs helped me see mental illness in a new light "experientially", although self realization didn't happen through taking them

To be clear, I never said ppl with serious mental illnesses can't go off the meds. I said they shouldn't. Big difference.

There are plenty of ppl running around off their meds. Some can make a half way decent life for themselves (if disorder is mild),  while others are in and out of psych hospitals like a revolving door, attempt suicide or they are hooked on some substance, usually alcohol, to self medicate.

The ones that seem to do the best with symptom reduction are compliant with medication and regular follow-up appts with a mental health professional. Along with healthy diet, exercise, etc.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

There are plenty of ppl running around off their meds.

Thats me hahahahah. I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia and have taken psychedelics in the past and have no qualms with doing it again in the future.

1 hour ago, Anna1 said:

So, the 49 yrs I've spent already have been a waste, because I haven't used psychedelics? 

Anyone who lived their life w/o ever trying psychedelics has wasted their life.

I feel for the persons that have medical conditions that makes it totally impossible for them to take psychedelics.

And I feel for the persons that have been brainwashed with: -''Drugs are bad, mmmmkay''

And yeah some psychedelics CAN NOT be mixed with some medications. Be safe.

Although psychedelics show you that's impossible to be safe (or in danger) and that dying is just small stuff.

As a matter of fact psychedelics show you that it is impossible for you to die, that's why dying is small silly stuff.

OFC some people will never understand my words unless they take a breakthrough those of Xanga-DMT, and even then some people might just come back and say: -''Wow that was crazy, dude the colors! I was really tripping balls back there, but it was just a trip, and it's all over now, back to my orange paradigm.''

@Anna1  Can you at least smoke weed? Weed is a mild psychedelic, but if done right, you can kinda trip, get insights for sure, and change the entire trajectory of your life.

Don't get addicted though.

Arc

5 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Can you at least smoke weed? Weed is a mild psychedelic, but if done right, you can kinda trip, get insights for sure, and change the entire trajectory of your life.

I would not recommend anyone with mental/medical instabilities to smoke weed. That high isn’t very good for growth, unless one wants to specifically get recked/silly. After LSD and MDMA, weed seems like a waste. It only recked havoc on me.

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

If @Anna1 doesn't want to do psychedelics it's totally her choice and good for her, it in no way means her life is wasted. Her life is good as long as she lives it on her terms. Understand that psychedelics is not applicable to every or all people. Only those who are comfortable with it can do it.

I agree, but nobody has a good idea what psychedelics are until they try them, in a hopefully good manner. My first acid trip was like loosing existential virginity, whatever this means cause I just made up that term :-D

You gotta safely try them to make a conclusion. Reading trip reports isn’t nearly enough to understand what they’re about.

@Anna1 I don’t know about your case, but I’ll say anyway that the current medical industry is corrupted by money. Especially in USA, very focused on hooking up ppl on meds.
LSD makes a very organic/natural synergy with your mind. Starting with low doses, once a week, should be fine. 
@electroBeam I just re-read the definition of schizophrenia and it doesn’t make sense to me.

“Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling. People with schizophrenia require lifelong treatment.”

Well, all of us spiritual explorers start perceiving “reality” abnormally with “progress”. All of reality is delusions... Don’t get me started here lol. Common psychologist and all the folk from medical mental department are full of shit. Poor patients.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

10 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Can you at least smoke weed? Weed is a mild psychedelic, but if done right, you can kinda trip, get insights for sure, and change the entire trajectory of your life.

Don't get addicted though.

I haven't smoked weed in 16 years, but yeah, I've done it. I wasn't really impressed and didn't like it much. Mostly would do it because of sheer peer pressure, lol. Anyways, makes you laugh, maybe get paranoid, eat everything in sight, then sleep. Whoopie!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I found this interesting and since I've already had Self-realization/ awakening without drugs he seems to be saying they could actually be a hindrance at advanced levels of this work.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

How does autism effect the psychedelics you take?

(I’m asking this as a high functioning autistic dude, lol)

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@Raptorsin7 It’s very tempting to assume that my spiritual path is the best for others. This occurs in all sorts of spiritual paths, including psychedelics. Just because psychedelics have been instrumental to your path doesn’t mean it is universal for everyone. Be careful extrapolating your own experience and values onto others. I did the same thing when I first used psychedelics. Since they worked so well for me, I thought they would work well for everyone. Yet this is not the case. 

12 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Anyone who lived their life w/o ever trying psychedelics has wasted their life.

Don’t be so dogmatic. You have a lot to learn.