Rilles

San Pedro Dosage?

79 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

Even if you get pure synthetic mescaline it will still cause nausea, even if plugged. Mescaline's just not tolerated well by the body.

But even so, it should be a lot more pleasant than drinking a gallon of cactus juice.

Methallylescaline (MAL) is the closest synthetic mescaline analogue.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Methallylescaline

It will be much easier to dose than mescaline, and much cheaper.

they say eating the cactus is better because you get visited by the spirit of the plant, uh oh woo woo warning, scientists get your pitchforks ready!?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles Spirit of the plant my ass.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 18/01/2020 at 5:48 AM, Leo Gura said:

Even if you get pure synthetic mescaline it will still cause nausea, even if plugged. Mescaline's just not tolerated well by the body.

But even so, it should be a lot more pleasant than drinking a gallon of cactus juice.

Methallylescaline (MAL) is the closest synthetic mescaline analogue.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Methallylescaline

It will be much easier to dose than mescaline, and much cheaper.

Plant san pedro is superior legally, and that's why its a better option right now. Countries like UK and Australia have a legal high ban, which means anything that gives you a psychedelic experience is treated worse than cocaine. Which means drugs that haven't even been invented yet are prohibited with severe penalties. 

Ordering a san pedro plant over the internet is much more discrete than ordering coke looking powder over the post. And if you grow it yourself, you can keep everything internal, reducing the tracks you leave, and therefore the amount of ammo the 'pigs' have for arresting you. 

In 50 years, maybe MAL will be better, but its not now. 

Most of my trips were on synthetic substances and they have all been great except for a few.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most of my trips were on synthetic substances and they have all been great except for a few.

Have you tried synthetic mescaline? I’m curious about going a synthetic route. 

@SerotoninluvIn addition to the mescaline I've head a few ppl mention the alkaloids in the San Pedro but I'm not sure what role they play.

San Pedro, Huachuma, Is much more powerful in a group ceremony under the guidance of shamans. If you can make that happen you'll get a lot more out of it. 

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Have you tried synthetic mescaline? I’m curious about going a synthetic route. 

I was going to but hesitated because I have a feeling it's gonna be a nasty come-up.

Why go through nastiness when there are so many other substances that go down smoothly?

But if was going to do mescaline I would definitely go pure synthetic.

The cactus is there as a last resort if you've got no other choice.

Synthetic is going to dose a lot more accurately.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I was going to but hesitated because I have a feeling it's gonna be a nasty come-up.

Why go through nastiness when there are so many other substances that go down smoothly?

But if was going to do mescaline I would definitely go pure synthetic.

The cactus is there as a last resort if you've got no other choice.

Synthetic is going to dose a lot more accurately.

•I dont have any plugs i trust

•I dont want to do 100% illegal stuff because I get easily paranoid about that

•I can literally buy it and get it in the mail, noone bats an eye

•Cactus is apparently very gentle and this is my first time

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Methallylescaline (MAL) does seem like a viable alternative to mescaline, and the dosage is much lower than for mescaline, so it's more efficient. I haven't tried MAL, so I can't compare or vouch for it personally. 

I didn't find cactus-eating to be so bad honestly. It's just the actual eating it part that's the challenge. There's something interesting about starting out your trip with the intense ritual of focusing your mind so that you can get the bitter bitter cactus down. After it's down the hatch, I've never experienced any nausea or anything.

But if you're just after the psychedelic experience itself, eating cactus is not the best option out there. You'd be better off finding pure Mescaline (warning: this is extremely hard to source, and is notoriously regularly faked. I would by default distrust any source that claims to have pure mescaline and definitely do testing), MAL (apparently the best of the 'scalines, aka mescaline analogs, legal in many lands) or one of the 2C drugs, many of which have a big overlap with mescaline. Personally, I find 2C-D 2C-E and 2C-P to have a lot of overlap with mescaline, each in there own way, but also with their own character. 2C-E is extremely interesting and powerful.

I really like cacti because you can just grow them, there's something very satisfying about having them around. It's pretty neat to be able to grow a plant that can give you a visionary experience. I encourage everyone to grow their very own solar powered mescaline factory.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

1 hour ago, outlandish said:

I really like cacti because you can just grow them, there's something very satisfying about having them around. It's pretty neat to be able to grow a plant that can give you a visionary experience. I encourage everyone to grow their very own solar powered mescaline factory.

Yeah a vegetable garden but for hallucinogens.

What do you feel about synthetic vs extracting it yourself? Extracting it definitely reduces the amount of cactus you have to eat. 

35 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Yeah a vegetable garden but for hallucinogens.

@electroBeam They pickle cucumber slices in a brine solution then jar them. Why not do the same with San Pedro? Just slice the ribs off and remove the waxy skin. Or perhaps leave the waxy outer skin on while in the brine solution so the alkaloids don't leach into the brine. Then of course remove it for consumption. Who doesn't like a good pickle?

@outlandish Thanks for your thoughts. I also like the connection between growing my own cactus and consuming it for trips. I think that would be a cool spiritual relationship. Yet I also like convenience and not much of a planner or caretaker. The best balance might be to start the cacti and try out some synthetic forms while I’m waiting.

I love the essence of a San Pedro trip. It’s the only psychedelic that I’m allowed to stop playing. Most of the others have an aspect of possessiveness, which is ok in a certain context. Yet it’s nice to have a completely smooth ride in which I can play or not. Jerry Garcia was asked one time what’s it like to be playing a concert on LSD. He said he won’t do it because he is not allowed to stop playing when he is tripping. I totally get that. 

I haven’t tried MAL or the 2Cs yet. I’ll probably move in that direction. I’ve read that MAL can have a big nausea body load, yet I rarely experience nausea body load, with psyches so hopefully I’d be ok. Otherwise, I’ve read the experience is quite similar.

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

What do you feel about synthetic vs extracting it yourself? Extracting it definitely reduces the amount of cactus you have to eat. 

I'm down with doing very simple water based extractions (basically blending up the cactus, making tea with it, straining off the pulp, boiling it down to concentrate it) but not so much interested in getting solvents and doing a proper pure mescaline extraction. Seems like too much work to me personally when there are lots of other pure psychedelics to take that are very worthy. 

If you're into chemistry and/or curious about doing proper extractions, I think it would be really cool.

I don't seek out synthetic mescaline at all because it's just way to likely to be fake.

37 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@outlandish Thanks for your thoughts. I also like the connection between growing my own cactus and consuming it for trips. I think that would be a cool spiritual relationship. Yet I also like convenience and not much of a planner or caretaker. The best balance might be to start the cacti and try out some synthetic forms while I’m waiting.

I love the essence of a San Pedro trip. It’s the only psychedelic that I’m allowed to stop playing. Most of the others have an aspect of possessiveness, which is ok in a certain context. Yet it’s nice to have a completely smooth ride in which I can play or not. Jerry Garcia was asked one time what’s it like to be playing a concert on LSD. He said he won’t do it because he is not allowed to stop playing when he is tripping. I totally get that. 

I haven’t tried MAL or the 2Cs yet. I’ll probably move in that direction. I’ve read that MAL can have a big nausea body load, yet I rarely experience nausea body load, with psyches so hopefully I’d be ok. Otherwise, I’ve read the experience is quite similar.

Yes there's no harm in starting up growing some cacti! In 10-20 years you won't be sad you did. Even if you never got around to eating them, it's fun to have them around as friends xD

I really recommend checking out the 2Cs, especially 2C-E. If you ever try MAL be sure to let us know how it goes, I'm very curious about that one.

@cetus56 I think that guy characterizes San Pedro really well

Edited by outlandish

10 minutes ago, outlandish said:

I think that guy characterizes San Pedro really well

@outlandish I'm totally psyched about San Pedro and what the medicine can bring. Total respect.

Question if you don't mind me asking: I'm rooting top cuts each in a jar in a partially sunny window and it's cold outside and the window is cool inside. Do think I should take them out of the window at night or leave them be. Or something totally different then what I'm doing now?

Just leave them be, don't move them around. They just need to be protected from freezing in the winter time, and not watered at all. They don't really need much (any?) sun when they're dormant in the winter and you're rooting them. You could find somewhere without any direct sunlight that's nice and cool, that might be the best place for rooting them. The best root growth I ever had was when I forgot about some cuttings for 1-2 years at the back of a bookshelf that was pretty shady. When I found them again, they had a big mass of roots searching for water.

Where you have them is probably fine though. Currently, I have my ones that are in pots with roots unwatered, next to the windows so they're getting some light, but hopefully not growing at all because of the coolness and being dry. The ones I'm trying to root are in the shade all day, with their "feet" sitting in small pebbles, in a cool spot.