VeganAwake

How practices keep the self illusion alive!!

118 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."-Jesus

How you ask, seek or knock, and what that looks like is something that only you will know. 

That's Rumi.

Heretic.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

22 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's Rumi.

Heretic.

xD

“Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.” -Rumi

"When you ask, the answer will be given." -Rumi

Happy now? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

xD

“Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.” -Rumi

"When you ask, the answer will be given." -Rumi

Happy now? 

No, but at least you won't be burned xD

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

No, but at least you won't be burned xD

"There is a candle in your heart,
ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul,
ready to be filled.
You feel it, don’t you?
You feel the separation
from the Beloved.
Invite Him to fill you up,
embrace the fire.
Remind those who tell you otherwise that
Love
comes to you of its own accord,
and the yearning for it
cannot be learned in any school.
" -Rumi

GODDAMN IT RUMI. We're all right. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

Perfect and freedom are a creation of the Mind.

Perfect and freedom are words I used to describe what is left after the judgement of THIS is gone.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You feel the separation
from the Beloved.

Oh man, I feel it so hard sometimes.

Like I have a random 2 seconds of pure love out of nowhere, then joyful equanimity again.

That's rich people problem I guess xD

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

Yes... And more often than not, practices are required which lead one to stumbling upon this finding.

Effort is required initially...

R. Maharshi: "There is a state beyond our efforts or effortlessness. Until it is
realised effort is necessary."

It is premature to preach openly and as an absolute teaching that all practices are useless... All teachings are contemporary and relative.

And yes. To no-one :)

How cool is that !!

And of course, "cool" is a creation of the Mind.

Even mind is a creation of the Mind

What are you practicing? THIS is all there is, it couldn't be otherwise ❤

When Awakening occurs what's recognized is the practices just perpetuated the belief in the illusory self. You see the imaginary self is trying to awaken which never works.

All that's required is recognizing the false self is a complete fabrication of the Mind.

You could meditate for 10 years and not recognize the self is an illusion.

There is no practice required... turn Within and see the illusion of self or Maya. ❤

Who are you? where is the sense of self located in the body? what is it constructed of?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Chasing enlightenment...

No reply to my comment? ;) 

Also funny you post a video of Adyashanti considering he teaches meditation aka a practice. 

And again JUST TO BE CLEAR - there is truth to what you’re getting at here with your post. I acknowledge and see this. The dogma, however, is your ego.

Edited by Consilience

37 minutes ago, Consilience said:

No reply to my comment? ;) 

Also funny you post a video of Adyashanti considering he teaches meditation aka a practice. 

And again JUST TO BE CLEAR - there is truth to what you’re getting at here with your post. I acknowledge and see this. The dogma, however, is your ego.

What you call Dogma is actually experience and what you call my ego is actually sharing that experience...

If you don't like the message that's fine...doesn't bother me...

You're right Liberation isn't all there is but it's the message I like to discuss in my topics. 

It's not necessarily the seeking and the practices that are the problem, it's the belief that something outside of yourself will help you attain enlightenment.

JUST TO BE CLEAR- Enlightenment is not a gaining of knowledge it's the crumbling away of the illusory self that's been built up over the years.

You can keep adding on all you want but in the end you will recognize it's a falling away. 

Of course a lot of things need to happen first like emptying your glass and stop thinking you know it all... good luck buddy ❤

Remember that analogy leo used. Looking for enlightenment is like looking for a needle in a haystack, except the "needle" is literally a realisation. The realisation that there is no needle lol

You have to work for it, until you realize there never was to work for it.

Full circle

9_9

God is love

And God in them

@Shin All work and no play? 

13 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Shin All work and no play? 

Work is actually play

FULL CIRCLE AGAIN !!!

xD

God is love

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@mandyjw The two paths.

Love is reckless; not reason.

Reason seeks a profit.

Love comes on strong,

consuming herself, unabashed.

Yet, in the midst of suffering,

Love proceeds like a millstone,

hard surfaced and straightforward.

Having died of self-interest,

she risks everything and asks for nothing.

Love gambles away every gift God bestows.

Without cause God gave us Being;

without cause, give it back again. - Rumi

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Remember that analogy leo used. Looking for enlightenment is like looking for a needle in a haystack, except the "needle" is literally a realisation. The realisation that there is no needle lol

Searching for darkness with a flashlight

Once the battery runs out, darkness is revealed. Darkness is found when the searching ends, not before that. Often times, we must first search and exhaust the batteries in the flashlight, exhaust the search completely before we find what was available at all times. It is clear that the act of searching for darkness with a flashlight is not what led to its discovery... It is the ending of that search. Sometimes, stopping of the search eaely upon hearing that searching is what's keeping you from discovering darkness we may simply only stop searching but the flashlight is still on and thus keeping us from the darkness we seek.

The key insight is also KNOWING what it is which is being sought... Most do not know... Like fish searching for water... The ignorance of what water is in the first place begins the search. Truth is always available... But sometimes we must dance full circle before seeing the glasses on our face the whole time & realize it was being overlooked.

What's guaranteed is that the batteries eventually will & must run out. But the timeline, well that's wiggly :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

There is no practice required... turn Within and see the illusion of self or Maya. ❤

You don't think Self- inquiry is a useful practice for Self-realization?

If you knew nothing of awakening or enlightenment and didn't do practices, then how would you turn within? Would that even make sense to you, if someone just told you to turn within? Wouldn't you think they were talking of thoughts, feelings and emotions?

How are they to see that the little "me" is illusion without spiritual teachings or practice, such as neti-neti, Self- inquiry, etc?

What your preaching is very neo-advaita, emphasizing the direct recognition of the non-existence of the "I" or "ego," without the need of preparatory practice.

Telling ppl caught in the experiential world that they are illusory, or that nothing can be done to attain enlightenment is not helpful.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?