assx95

If everything is imagination, then what the f am i going to do with my life?

20 posts in this topic

If i could do anything I wanted in this life- I would explore consciousness through psychedelics and explore the earth by travelling, and be in a loving intimate relationship. And just be. The possibilities seem endless but all of them seem empty and hollow. 

Death looks beautiful at this point, and I understand how a being of Infinite Intelligence wouldn't tie or bond itself with anything (have attachments). I could do a lot of things but none of them would mean anything. Really. 

If my life is imaginary, then I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I don't see the point of contributing to the world, an imaginary world, and an imaginary contribution by an imaginary being. Life feels like a MMORPG at this point and everything seems ridiculous. 

Someone will point that there is no difference between what is real and what is imaginary. But even this reconciliation does nothing. I think the real curse of being a human, besides not being able to live in the present moment, is that he/she has such a radical freedom to do anything that nothing really matters. Whatever you do, The slate will be wiped clean, like the Tibetan Mandalas. I am yet to find peace in this meaninglessness. 

There is no point in playing World of Warcraft either, yet I played that fucking game for years and I dont regret any second of it. 

By the way: Nobody ACTUALLY knows if there is something like "meaning" or not.
Just dont believe what is thrown around in this actualized.org echo chamber.
There are many accounts of people who took psychodelics and came back with direct experience of what meaning might look like. Most accounts have something to do with "love", that we are here to practice love. Others are about a training ground for god. I dont really know what to make of that.

MAybe there is, maybe there isnt. 
Act like there is. If there is not, there still a fucking beautiful game to play out there.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

The missing piece of your puzzle is 'beliefs'. Or, to be more accurate, you have stupid beliefs about life, and you think they aren't actually beliefs. You think those beliefs are important and that they're precious. Self-shielding beliefs can be the trickiest to uncover, and the hardest to unwire.

Why are beliefs important? Because they're the core thing that runs your entire life. You're not supposed to not have any beliefs whatsoever (you virtually can't not have any beliefs), but rather to be conscious of and selective about them.

Let me guess some of your beliefs right now (the software you're running on)..

• I shouldn't have beliefs, beliefs are <insert a discouraging quality>.
  • Beliefs are not the truth, and I want the truth. Therefore, I will reject all beliefs until I find the truth (maybe forever). Well, guess what's the truth now? A life devoid of meaning.
  • Spirituality will deliver me to the the truth. And everyone that says otherwise is deluded or at least inferior.

Without daily meditation every morning, one skips right past the obviousness of how easy the actuality is. Effortless. 

You want, because you experienced. 

”I would explore consciousness through psychedelics and explore the earth by travelling, and be in a loving intimate relationship. And just be.”

Hells yeah to that. You feel that HELL YES or not man? In you. You feel the HELL YES in you?

.....Like an invisible first step on the slip & slide of thought...then the self referential thought story kicks in...

I  could do a lot of things but none of them would mean anything. Really. “

That’s conditioning. The “ I “ who needs meaning, so it’s valued, important, meaningful. 

More thought stories, on the back of that opened door of believing the thoughts...

If my life is imaginary, then I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I don't see the point of contributing to the world, an imaginary world, and an imaginary contribution by an imaginary being.

Look, hear, feel. This is indeed it. Create. That’s what an infinite being would do. Be free to create, together. Let it be obvious. Allow all that you are wanting to create, to come into your life. This reality literally simply becomes what is focused on. It’s so magic - we’re like “magic?”. But this has unequivocally been the actuality, the case, the evidence 100% of ‘your entire life’. Never has a thing been outside of your focus, awareness, love, consciousness, wanting. Never once. 

Gonna call bs on ya here...♥️

Life feels like a MMORPG at this point and everything seems ridiculous. 

It that what you do when you know it’s just a video game you’re playing and you’re actually 100% safe sitting on the couch? You turn on the game, and then just sit there and say “oh, there’s nothing worth doing here”. 

Daily morning meditation is priceless. 

But even this reconciliation does nothing.

Reconciliation Is a thought, a thought is not an individual entity, and can’t be said to “do”. But here, in this game - you’re absolutely free. And you have wants. If you’re truly genuinely unaware of your wants, write out a list of what you know you don’t want. But, imo, this is as clear as consciousness:

”Explore consciousness through psychedelics and explore the earth by travelling, and be in a loving intimate relationship. And just be.”

Fucks sakes man. That’’s your adventure & metadventure and it’s beautiful all on it’s own. It is it’s own ‘meaning’. 

Take it! Take the adventure!

If “the slate wasn’t wiped clean”, you’d be stuck in determinism. But you’re not. You’re free. That’s unexplainable. Try as you may. In hope it helps by cutting through the bullshit thought stories, to the love in living...I’ll send you some pics from the world. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@assx95 that's because you have yet to realize your truest nature.  You're purest form - the formless.  As formlessness, pure being - you are unable to know yourself because you are prior to knowing.   You must create a separate "knower" first.

You are the infinite shapeshifter.  Shapeshifting into a form to experience yourself through that form. 

Thus, experience is its own meaning.  So, quite simply, just experience.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Lento said:

The missing piece of your puzzle is 'beliefs'. Or, to be more accurate, you have stupid beliefs about life, and you think they aren't actually beliefs. You think those beliefs are important and that they're precious. Self-shielding beliefs can be the trickiest to uncover, and the hardest to unwire.

Quite possibly. 

16 minutes ago, Lento said:

Let me guess some of your beliefs right now (the software you're running on)..

• I shouldn't have beliefs, beliefs are <insert a discouraging quality>.
  • Beliefs are not the truth, and I want the truth. Therefore, I will reject all beliefs until I find the truth (maybe forever). Well, guess what's the truth now? A life devoid of meaning.
  • Spirituality will deliver me to the the truth. And everyone that says otherwise is deluded or at least inferior.

I am working on judging others less. I don't particularly believe that any one life is more important than the other. And that the relativeness of it all, makes it all evaporates into what could be best described as nothing. 

I do believe that beliefs bind me and I am better off not having them. And you opened my eyes to the paradigm I was functioning - "The paradigm of ascribed meaning to everything I see around me" while not realizing that it could be a construction of my mind and I could seek a resolution in another paradigm. 

Thanks @Lento 

I don't think it's very wise to pursue the truth like a perfectionist and an addict. Death whenever it occurs, I would welcome it with open arms. 
And now, I will just absorb everything like the sponge, and live here right now. That seems enough. 

@assx95 Don't adopt truths which you did not realize as beliefs.

You have no idea if things are imaginary or not. You are just parroting some words you heard someone else say. These words are not true for you.

For you, if we cut off your finger, you are gonna think it's a real problem. So that's what is true for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nahm Wow. I accept the freedom and the love. 

@Leo Gura 

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

These words are not true for you.

This is key. Thanks. I never thought truth works this way. 

@assx95

It is Good.

Every flavor. 

How about that everything you want is already coming to you, and you can relax and enjoy the unfolding of it? 

Resistance?

Acknowledge it. 

Allow all that you are waning. Want the Truth? 

Write it on yer dream board. 

Create the experience. 

Allow it.

Was crowd surfing with this guy while he had a full leg cast on. Nothing phased Him, pure livin’. Pretty sure he ‘gets it’...

I am the jigsaw man

I turn the world around
With a skeleton hand 
I am electric head
A cannibal core
A television said, 
Do not victimize
Read the motherfucker,
Psychoholic lies
Into a psychic war
I tear my soul apart and I
Eat it some more

I am the ripper man

A locomotion mind
Love american style
I am the nexus one
I want more life fucker
I ain't done

Truth is everywhere. ???

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Why is it when most ppl hear "life is an illusion" their first thought is "Why should I do anything?"

Why is it never- "I can do anything!" ?

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Why is it when most ppl hear "life is an illusion" their first thought is "Why should I do anything?"

Because when the ego realizes it's not real, the only card it has left in its deck is the one that says: "Without me, you have nothing." Like a Girlfriend that won't accept a breakup ?

9 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Why is it never- "I can do anything!" ?

Nice ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

We long for freedom all our lives and when we have it , do not know what to do with it.❤️

Immediately when you ask those types of questions, you're throwing yourself in a rut.

No matter what answer anyone gives you, it ain't going to change anything, because the problem is in the context and not the content.

Change your approach, go out of your comfort zone, do something that is difficult. 

The conscious states that are described by forum members have northing to do with the personal context. Don't mix 'em. 

2 hours ago, assx95 said:

@Leo Gura 

This is key. Thanks. I never thought truth works this way. 

Indeed it does.  What is presently actual for you is what is true for you.   That is the distinction between actuality and concept.  The words anyone speaks to you (including me) are concepts.  It is second order.  Actuality is first order.

Do not mistake concept for actuality.   Doing so turns it into dogma.   Be open minded that concept may or may not be pointing to something that can become actual for you.  But the only way for anything to become actual for you is to actualize it in your direct experience.  Meditation can be key here because it connects you directly with what is actual.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Do not mistake concept for actuality.   Doing so turns it into dogma.   Be open minded that concept may or may not be pointing to something that can become actual for you.  But the only way for anything to become actual for you is to actualize it in your direct experience.  Meditation can be key here because it connects you directly with what is actual.

Thanks for the clarity. Couldn't have explained any better.