JohnnyRocket

Leo’s Video This Sunday

35 posts in this topic

Leo’s newest video was posted on his blog yesterday. I don’t know why but there it is.

cheers

yup, i just noticed that.

i haven't yet watched the past 2 episodes, i'm quite busy right now.

my christmas holidays will be meditation retreat this year, sine i live far away from family.

Yeah your ego will tell you to watch it. And watch it fully. 

Thanks! I have only watched Leo's YouTube videos. I didn't realize that he had additional videos on his blog.

36 minutes ago, skywords said:

@hyruga

..and what does your ego tell you?

Oh pls disregard what I just said. Treat me as just trolling.

I don't give a damn about self actualization. I am only here for the 'self-development' part of this forum because there is no forum as good as this.  

Leo asked about how do I know the world is real? I have listened to half of the video now and I wanted to comment before I forget it that one thing that I can be sure of is that I'm conscious. And the world is real because it's consistent in my experience. Compared to a dream during sleep which can be very convincing, yet it's always much less consistent than the waking state. But yeah, the ego is definitely a delusion of separation. And as Leo said the ego is extremely heavily made of our conditioning. So there is a huge difference between understanding intellectually that the ego has a false belief in total separation and to actualize transcending the ego.

1 minute ago, Anderz said:

one thing that I can be sure of is that I'm conscious. And the world is real because it's consistent in my experience.

Hahaha....

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hahaha....

I now heard in your video that you said that paying taxes and worrying about bills, that that is relatively real. Yes, but that kind of worry and concern is ALSO the ego! That's precisely a part of the heavy ego conditioning you mentioned earlier in the video.

10 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Anderz Your experience is inconsistent. Look at your different states of consciousness.

When it comes to what I experience in consciousness I agree that even the experience of the world cannot be proven to be consistent. That I am conscious on the other hand, that is certain. And from a practical perspective the world is amazingly consistent! Everything, all the past, it all fits together with mindblowing accuracy, so that's real enough for me.

@Leo Gura  it sounds as if you have met an unlearning teacher. i´m only halfway through - but when people are at a point of wanting to relearn they have usually gone through an unlearning phase. you could also say a phase of letting go. if you have once realized that relearning is only more and more unlearning it becomes easy, respectively it becomes easy the more and more you unlearn about a certain matter/unmatter. it sounds motivated, i remember when first starting spending time here in the forum my alter ego was in a conversation about disconstruction and construction and reconstruction - but that was a time when shiva was all about deconstruction. there is this poem that has a line in it - i didn`t find a good translation for so i`ll translate myself:

and in every new beginning lies inherently a magic spark...

6 hours ago, Anderz said:

When it comes to what I experience in consciousness I agree that even the experience of the world cannot be proven to be consistent. That I am conscious on the other hand, that is certain. And from a practical perspective the world is amazingly consistent! Everything, all the past, it all fits together with mindblowing accuracy, so that's real enough for me.

@Anderz

Video games are consistent, more consistent than what we experience. Does that make it more real than human experience?

19 minutes ago, Beard said:

@Anderz

Video games are consistent, more consistent than what we experience. Does that make it more real than human experience?

Video games are a part of reality, not something separate from it. The reason for why video games are consistent is because the physics that makes the games possible is consistent. Without some form of hardware to run the games on and to store the software on there would be no video games.

I think that our human experience of for example money is very consistent. The problem is as I see it that the ego believes it can deal with money as a separate entity. It can't! The belief that an individual is responsible for survival is a complete illusion, and that includes things like paying bills and earning money. No ego has ever paid a bill or failed to pay a bill. The ego doesn't do anything! Personal responsibility is just an illusion of individual doership.

"Bhagwad Gita says “karmanye vadhikaraste ma phaleshu kadachan” - one should not think one is the doer of his actions - God is responsible for everything." - Quora.com

f7ikWmfZ_o.png

https://www.actualized.org/insights/ego-collapse-awakening

On 12/16/2019 at 7:05 AM, skywords said:

What Might Maybe "Mindfuck" Leo If It Were Actually True? (I)

On 12/15/2019 at 7:36 AM, Alex said:

@skywords

Materialism is actually right.

Climate change is a hoax.

Jordan Peterson his spot on in his political analysis.

Spiral Dynamics is balloney.

All psychedelic trips are delusional hallucinations.

Enlightenment is just in your head.

Love is just chemicals in your Brain.

Nihilism.

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

Well this one cannot be anything but true

Enlightenment is just in your head

So theme in new video which came out after the above comments
is his new revelation "Everything is imaginary" in effect verifying that Enlightenment is just in your head
(as is everything else) (correct me if I am wrong)

1. Nothing exists;

2. Even if something exists, nothing can be known about it; and

3. Even if something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others.

4. Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

--Gorgias,   (483 - 375 BC)

The Kybalion

The Seven Hermetic Principles

1.  First Hermetic Principle. 
The Principle of Mentalism

The Principle of Mentalism embodies the idea that "All is Mind." Everything that happens has to be a result of a mental state which precedes it. For anything to exist, thoughts had to form first, which then form physical reality or manifestation. "Your thoughts are seeds, plant positive seeds in your mind garden."

PHXBxeWN_o.png

Edited by Nak Khid

2 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Everything that happens has to be a result of a mental state which precedes it.

Yes. This I vote for. Same runs true for "direct experience". Direct experience is only as reliable as the interpretation your mind makes of your "direct experience". You can't run from your own self-bias, although I'd imagine some people can reduce this self-bias to an extremely low level such as Adyashanti or similar, but must take years of training. 

1 hour ago, Bill W said:

Direct experience is only as reliable as the interpretation your mind makes of your "direct experience".

I've seen you mention this time and again, usually in situations where it's not even relevant to the topic. But fine, I'll take the bait and discuss this thing you seem so eager to discuss.

What you say is obvious to everyone in here, I think. No one questions the fact that you have to interpret your experience somehow. So you seem to fail to capture what people are really getting at. I will try though, to explain as best as I can.

To me personally, who have spent the most of my life in my head, getting to the point where I can consistently cross-reference my concepts with direct experience has been a major breakthrough. It allows me to very efficiently strip away dogma, which by default is out of touch with reality. It allows me to share my insights in a relatable manner, because it's rooted in the human experience we all share. It allows me to put my ideas into action, through visualizing them and then executing them. (And if it can't be visualized, then it's tossed away). It allows me to share my ideas without fear that other people might reject them. Because even if my words might be wrong, I know that my experiences, that which I ground myself in, will never be wrong. They are what they are.

It's authentic, and authenticity is just that. Truth. Your very own truth.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Direct exp is prior to interpretation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.