Girzo

Let's Brainstorm Conscious Business Ideas!

43 posts in this topic

A lot of people is looking for an inspiration for their life purpose or career choice, so I have thought we can give them a helping hand. Let's try focusing for 5 minutes and give our best shot at coming up with viable conscious business ideas. I will start:

• Conscious management consultant/scholar
  • Publishing house - focusing on ecology, spirituality, psychedelics and developmental theories.
  • Recycling facility
  • Eco-farm or permaculture
  • Collecting used oil
  • Tree planting
  • Selling water treatment technologies
  • Holistic health clinic
  • Psychedelics retreat center
  • Organizing Dyads groups
  • Kriya Yoga studio

I am eager to hear your ideas. :)

I had this idea in mind of starting a small meditation studio everywhere in town or cities. A small room where people can come and meditate for little time and leave silently 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

- A consciousness/spirituality/mind research center

It could have two aspects, one being the research side, the other being giving its findings. methods, and technologies to people.  It could be anyone, but I was originally thinking people who are low income or live on the street.  For free and for the masses.

- A research and teaching team who travels the world giving workshops on spirituality and consciousness techniques and theories.

Areas for Research

- Technology and consciousness/spirituality = first you could test all the existing technologies and then start combining, refining, and creating new ones.

- Enlightenment/healing/spiritual insights for large numbers of people at once = Perhaps putting a bunch of people in a room with screens that distort their perceptions (or use sound or sensations) so they see things differently and maybe get an insight into how things are.

- Combining methods = reiki + self-inquiry, or reiki + kriya, etc.  (I've already been doing these and it seems to work well).

- Various types of group spiritual work = perhaps somehow merging consciousnesses 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I think any business can be done consciously. I own a cabinet company and putting the customer first and and actually treating them with love is a radical idea. Every other cabinet shop I know of has an adversarial relationship with their clients. You can put them first above profit and still make money. 

@FuriousGeorgeI recently read a book called "The Cultural Creatives" which seems to be describing the rise of Spiral Dynamics stage Green in America.  It gives an example of a CEO of a highly successful commercial carpet company who is working to reduce emissions and become totally "green".  

I suppose any business can be run in a more conscious way and be an example and a leader for others.  

Though, sometimes I question whether the businesses some people are in is the highest good they could be doing.  Though, this is coming from my own biases, preferences, and strengths as to what the ideal job/profession should be (something like a sage, developmental community, etc.).

@FuriousGeorge Completely agree mate, any business can be run consciously or unconsciously treating each customer well and not focusing solely on profit, you don't have to run an eco-friendly fruitarian solar powered cafe for a business to be conscious. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

-healthy restaurant :     I find atleast 95% of restaurants to be not healthy at all and to have a lot of nasty/tricky ways to maximize their profits. Big problem would be the marketing, since everyone is already doing the "we are healthy" marketing, even though their aren't.

- Educational Games: learning by having fun, increasing skills in humans. 

- Design for homeless people: Designing very useful items, that can be produced cheaply to give to homeless people

-Combining AI and Education: Learn environments that are adaptive to you. AI is in general can be combined with probably everything and will make good changes. Take a part of the change and lead it consciously. 

-Creating a poltical party, group, organisation, NGO, Think Tank, and push great political, conscious ideas, by going doing media appearances, gain followers, events, etc.

-

@Philipp Yeah, cool idea with the restaurants, I dream of there being something like Conscious McDonald's.

And talking about designing things for homeless people, I think we can expand it to any poor people. There is this awesome NGO that that distributes mosquito nets for beds to fight malaria. It's a very cheap product that has an enormous impact.

Here are some more ideas from me:

• Producing wooden/eco toys,
  • Magic Mushroom cultivation plant - this one I have doubts about because conventional mushroom cultivation methods use a lot of plastic.
  • Producing/selling/servicing e-bikes
  • Renting tools
  • Running a shop with local produce
  • NGO that cleans forests, like 4ocean but with forests
  • Writing a vegan cookbook that uses local produce, without avocado and other exotic stuff
  • Developing internet video courses on psychedelics/Kriya Yoga/integral theory
  • Reforming/evolving education somehow
  • Becoming a conscious politician

Super healthy fast food options, with biodegradable packing, yes please! 

Seed company, especially offering heirloom and organic varieties

Garden, small farm consultant (test soil ph levels for people, build raised beds, make suggestions for soil amendments, garden location, etc) 

Start a conscious childcare center, emphasis on nature, outdoor time, activities such as yoga, art, music, etc. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

• YT videos for younger audiences 14+, that can help with their emotions and friends, etc. But I would have to be made for 14 so you don't advice taking any psychedelics, going on solo retreats. It should be talking about life,  social life, happiness and maybe family. just basics. 
  • Maybe online videos on counseling, trauma healing, and ideally with live demonstrations. Very raw and impactful videos of people opening up through counseling

@Matt23 interesting! Is the book worth reading? My cabinetry business is a refacing company so we are very green, I estimate the business has kept about half a million lbs of wood out of the landfill over the last 5 years @LfcCharlie4 haha I agree! No frutatian solar cafes for me!  

@FuriousGeorge I think so.  It's quite large and I'm hitting a bit of a personal boredom block with it, but I still think it has value.  Especially if you're already familiar with sociological and developmental models like Spiral Dynamics.  So far as I've read, it's about describing a subculture in the states of about, according to the authors, 50 million people. They call them the "Cultural Creatives".  The authors are a psychologist and sociologist and I think one runs a research organization.  It seems like they've both done a lot of research, spanning about 10 years, and they provide a lot of it in the book.  They're also familiar with Spiral Dynamics, for whatever that's worth.  

How about a crowd funding service that centers around funding people's personal development that are seeking financial support to pursue interesting goals. For example, if someone wants to attend a meditation seminar or join a yoga studio they can make a positing and request funding from more financially successful self actualizers. The business could revolve around interviewing people who wish to sign up to ensure quality individuals are appealing for funding rather than frauds trying to lie and steal money. 

It's basically go fund me but for people's spiritual and self actualization journey. 

- Filming Documentaries/ or having a YT Channel revolving about traveling and discovering various spiritual traditions

Here are some more ideas:

• Selling carbon offsets to businesses
  • Providing technological solutions that help make supply chains transparent
  • Making furniture from eco-friendly materials
  • Insulating houses with eco-friendly materials
  • Installing heat pumps and solar panels
  • Selling HVAC devices with HEPA filters
  • Organizing bicycle tours as an alternative to flying or taking a cruise on vacations

many classic 'ice cream' vendors deployed in the suburban neibhorhoods selling fresh juice in the summer & warm tea's in the winter :D'

Designing programs and courses based on current social issues like income inequality or systemic racism or predictable ones.

integral education(teaching or contracting yoga and meditation to schools or at least exposing them to it in American public schools)

conscious and mindful children’s books

creating sound boards of 444hz tones for ringtones and text tones.

education and destigmatization of psychedelics through schools and non profits/ tv.

WE NEED MORE TIER 2 news and independent media which won’t judge and shame people and just report the story from a spiral dynamics perspective like Gaia news network or something haha.

Edited by Gidiot

Conscious sports coaching regimens and dieting programs which also acknowledge pranic foods like sadhgurus cookbook and Ayurvedic medicine and trying to make meditation and lung wim hof method exercises as essential as stretching prior to a workout and after

• digital marketing for only high consciousness niches
  • A graphic design company for eco friendly businesses 
  • becoming a eco consultant
  • create the first stage turquoise drama entertainment tv program
  • Create a non prophet organisation which just literally researches and scientifically tests how to raise consciousness on a massive collective scale

• teach kids about basic politics so they can make better informed choices

@Strstus nope, not at all. Win-win is not enough.

Providing solutions for oil companies, selling luxury yachts, or being a weapon contractor for some mob boss is not a conscious business even though your clients might be very happy with the service and you with your earned money.

First priority of a conscious business is not to cause unnecessary harm. If your niche creates a lot of burden on a environment and is of a little use to humanity as a whole then it's not a conscious business.