Mu_

What is time? (My new vid)

51 posts in this topic

Its an open exploration into a subject most of us don't even notice or consider....  Let me know your thoughts.

And before you say the traditional its a man made construct, leave it open because it may not be....

Some things to consider....

Did man make the experience of “taking place”, “something” passing or going on, “moments to moments”, these taking place faster or slower?  Man made that?  And if he did, how?  And if not, what is the "Time" in experience....

Edited by Mu_

Time is a measurement

Everyone have been set a decree of their 'time'

So use it wisely. 

9 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Mu_ why is time going so slowly for me?

Because you don't have enough activities to occupy your "time".

When ppl are bored time can go slowwwwly.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Time is a social construct man made it is a concept and a measurement 

That we have attached to change in order to try to unify are social understanding of change for several  different reasons

4 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

Time is a social construct man made it is a concept and a measurement 

That we have attached to change in order to try to unify are social understanding of change for several  different reasons

Man made the experience of “taking place”, “something” passing or going on, “moments to moments”, these taking place faster or slower?  Man made that?

just out of curiosity did you watch the video or are you replying to my title?

@Angelite

Edited by Mu_

time goes slow when there's attention to time. attention is equal to thought about time. attention requires someone giving attention, and that someone is you - thought / time itself.

the good ol example of a drive feeling long and slow when going somewhere

but

on the way back, it feels short and quick

on the way there: one is in anticipation/thoughts about arriving at destination / fun/activities which will be done at the party or where-ever

vs

on the way back, it's just all about getting home and resting. not much thoughts taking one out of the moment...

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

3 hours ago, Mu_ said:

What exactly is that something going on slowly or more fastly?

@Anna1

All there really is, is "now" and thoughts of a past and thought of a future. Neither truly exist, but seem to, in thought. All these thoughts though appear..."now"

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

thank you @Mu_ ! the shift was real for me :) what you made of the now was worth its title.

whatever it is, it is now and it is forever that what we make of it. mostly a preconceived bubble of information to make sense of what actually happens to us, coaping mechanisms to handle the situation, attempts to maximize self or ego while excluding or including everything surrounding us from or into the bubble of i (we). but the now is only fully perceivable if it`s empty of identification with egoic appropriations, because sharing is giving, taking is also giving the question is always: what? whom?

i=you=we is non hirarchic non judgmental but sometimes i=you=we only means i and then there is something missing in the hirarchy.

before you look up, look down, then you might be able to meet everyone on eye height - if you only look up you don`t see the actual moment.

same accounts for past and future.

Edited by remember

19 hours ago, Anna1 said:

Because you don't have enough activities to occupy your "time".

When ppl are bored time can go slowwwwly.

No, but because he needs activities that occupy his time. You can have profoundly simple life that's full of joy and gratefulness. The time only arises after you start thinking about it. That's the point of this video.

For me time is an illusion. Time is man made concept.  time is the measurement from when the sun moves from one place to another. If i move from a to b why do i need time to do that. That is man made. All i need is space. When i move for a to b which is 10m it's just movement i don't need time to walk from a to b. Time i take is the measurement how many fake second, minutes and hours i take.

There is only one present moment not more than one so then there can be time imo. It's just change/movement in consciousness!!!

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

2 hours ago, petar8p said:

No, but because he needs activities that occupy his time. You can have profoundly simple life that's full of joy and gratefulness. The time only arises after you start thinking about it. That's the point of this video.

Hello,

My comment you quoted was meant to be more of practical advice for the poster, not only because of what he said here, but another thread he had started. 

My response more so about the video is here-

4 hours ago, Anna1 said:

All there really is, is "now" and thoughts of a past and thought of a future. Neither truly exist, but seem to, in thought. All these thoughts though appear..."now"

Maybe you missed it. ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

20191114_215747.jpg

?❤

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?