rnd

Is it safe to do psychedelics by myself for the 1st time?

20 posts in this topic

Is it safe to do psychedelics alone, on my own for the 1st time?

Edited by rnd

Depends on the dosage I would say. Don't start with 5g dry mushrooms you are going to scare yourself. Work your way up. It's even better if you are alone in my opinion. Unless you are really anxious about it and want someone to tripsit you. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

1 hour ago, Rigel said:

Depends on the dosage I would say. Don't start with 5g dry mushrooms you are going to scare yourself. Work your way up. It's even better if you are alone in my opinion. Unless you are really anxious about it and want someone to tripsit you. 

Which mashrooms? Regarding 5-meo dmt I heard that 25 mg or so is normal. Or 25 g?

And you're saying 5g is too much.

It really depends on what kind you are doing and how you are doing it. 

Are smoking or vaping DMT or something else? Are you plugging it? 

Are you taking mushrooms? If so how much? (For your first dose I recommend at least an eighth ~2.5g). 

Are you absolutely sure what you are taking and the exact amount you are taking?

Have you read trip reports? Do you know what to expect from the substance? 

For me, I have always done them alone. The few times I have done them with a person it just takes away from the experience.

However, it might not be a bad idea to tell a friend what you are doing. Just have someone you could reach out to if you need to be calmed down.  

You don't seem very well informed about the substances that are out there. I would say start by doing some in depth research on any substance that you intend to take(especially the dosages). I can't tell for 5-Meo I have yet to try it.

5g dried of psilocybe cubensis is quite a lot. If you are interested start with something like 1g

Erowid as great info but don't limit yourself to this one site.

Sailing on the ceiling 

7 hours ago, rnd said:

Is it safe to do phsyhodelics alone, on my own for the 1st time?

As long as you don't have a serious anxiety/panic condition, it's safe to trip alone the first time (with precautions).  When I say serious anxiety condition, I don't mean regular nervousness/anxiety that everyone experiences during a first date, a job interview, public speaking etc. I mean a serious condition in which the person is very sensitive to anxiety and may be on medication. As well, there are medications (like SSRIs) that shouldn't be mixed with psychedelics.

Otherwise, it's safe to trip solo with precautions. . . I would get enough of the psychedelic for three trips. That way, the first trip is not "all or nothing" - you can dip your toes in the water. As well, different insights might be revealed during each trip. For the first trip, I would take a light-moderate dose. Perhaps 50-75ug LSD - enough that you will feel something, yet not overpowering. For a first trip, I would much rather be underwhelmed than overwhelmed. Also, insights revealed during light-moderate trips are much easier to integrate than heavy trips. . . I would create a familiar and safe setting where you don't have to interact with people. Your apartment/house is fine. I would create a calm environment with various activity options. For example, a meditative environment with meditative music. Yet sometimes during trips, the setting we choose doesn't quite seem right, so I would have other options. For example, have a notebook ready to journal. Have a music playlist ready. For all you know, the trip may be about becoming one with music and dancing like you've never danced before. Or options for creating art. Or a yoga option. Or a video. . . I'd give myself various options and go with the flow - go with the intuition. 

If you start with a low/moderate dose, after an hour you may be thinking "Is this it? I sorta feel different, yet shouldn't there be more?". I wouldn't redose. It could be that the dose is subtle. In this case, there might be slight enhancement and roll with it. Use your imagination and try to enter into a new realm. For example, I had a light trip in nature one time and thought "The effects are kinda weak, I should have taken more". Yet my creativity and imagination was enhanced and I rolled with it. I started imagining myself in a jungle in a different world. I started imagining extrasensory abilities and I was able to enter a lucid-like dream. . . If you are underwhelmed, it can up the dose for the second trip.

If you start with a low/moderate dose you may feel something stronger than you expected. Some people are more sensitive. In this case, I wold just relax, let go and get curious. The trip won't last forever and on a low/moderate dose, you will still have some ability to distinguish real or unreal. For example, during one trip it felt like I was in a reality within a reality within a reality. I started feeling anxious because I didn't know which was the real reality or how to return to the real reality. But there was still a faint rational voice in my head that knew this was just a temporary trip and it wasn't dangerous. Then I thought of my favorite movie: Inception. In this movie, there were different levels of dream realities the characters voyaged into. I had always thought that was so cool and wondered what it would be like to do that. Then I realized "This experience is just like Inception!!! Omg, this is so cool!!!". Then the anxiety dissolved and I become curious - like an a voyager exploring new fascinating realms. 

Start with micro dose of 0.1-0.2g mushroom and then rise no more than 0.1 every 1-4 weeks or more depend on your feeling and intuition.

If you want to do it responsibly this is the way.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

18 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I started imagining myself in a jungle in a different world. I started imagining extrasensory abilities and I was able to enter like a lucid dream. .

pretty epic @Serotoninluv

also. when one "enters a lucid dream" during a trip... is that like exiting this world with the body and going in a different realm...?

i mean to say, if you were tripping inside your home and entered a dream state. someone else who is sober, and in the house with you. your body will still be there with them in the house - while you're in a dream realm? does your body "plop down" and you start dreaming elsewhere?

i know from direct POV you just continue from being here to the "dream" relam... but I recall what happens to the body as you do that while tripping...

in sleep for example, our body remains on the bed and we are in the dream world.

i had an experience once, where i was launched into a different place. and when i came "back" my friend told me, i was just standing in one spot and spinning slowly and screaming every 5-10 seconds or so :D 

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

i did 19 grams as a first timer and it was an extremely dreadful experience. so yeah you should start small.

I'm not sure. Phsyhodelics might be dangerous. I've never heard of them so I don't know if they're safe.

Psychedelics, however, should be a lot less dangerous.

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

@rnd how old are you? I wouldn't recommend it if you are very young.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@SoonHei It depends, yet it's not like a regular sleeping dream. Ime, the psychedelic state has a different type of awareness than a sleeping dream. 

Regarding body, I've layed down during trips, closed my eyes and entered different realities - yet it's not like a sleeping dream or astral projection. I've also had trips in which their is a sense of self that is participating in an "altered" reality. For example, during one trip I was in a computer simulated reality - that was very real. Yet there was still localized awareness that I was some type of character in this simulated reality. . . I've also had trips in which the entire story of "me" dissolves. I've had a trip in which "me" completely dissolved and the mind of a schizophrenic appeared. I was now a person with that was insane. . . As well, identification to a mind and body may dissolve. "I" might not be able to tell the difference between "me" and a vulture being observed. . . . Or all types of sensory constructs dissolve. For example, there is no space or time. . . It can get really hard to contextualize.  

There are so many different flavors of psychedelic trips. Just like there are many different flavors of traveling trips. There are thousands of places in the world we can visit. Each place has it's own culture, people, food, music, nature, plants, animals etc. 

8 hours ago, rnd said:

Is it safe to do phsyhodelics alone, on my own for the 1st time?

Are you asking this because it is impossible for you not to be alone doing it ?

@Serotoninluv wow damn. that sounds intense...

have you had any time dialation amplified trips?

like 100+ years and whatnot? or heck, even when it seems like 1 year.. that's insane.. 

i have read reports where people describe having been in a place where it is ACTUAL 100+ years of expreinece - yet when they come back 2-3 hours have passed.

not like a dream, where sure, months can pass but it seems quick and blurry... but actual or even realer than real 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

6 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Serotoninluv wow damn. that sounds intense...

have you had any time dialation amplified trips?

like 100+ years and whatnot? or heck, even when it seems like 1 year.. that's insane.. 

i have read reports where people describe having been in a place where it is ACTUAL 100+ years of expreinece - yet when they come back 2-3 hours have passed.

not like a dream, where sure, months can pass but it seems quick and blurry... but actual or even realer than real 

Of course. Time is a construct and any construct can be deconstructed and recontructed an infinite number of ways. 

10 hours ago, Rigel said:

You don't seem very well informed about the substances that are out there. I would say start by doing some in depth research on any substance that you intend to take(especially the dosages). I can't tell for 5-Meo I have yet to try it.

5g dried of psilocybe cubensis is quite a lot. If you are interested start with something like 1g

Erowid as great info but don't limit yourself to this one site.

This Erowid? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erowid

It is unwise to do it alone for the first time, no it is not safe.  You need a comfortable environment and a sober, trustworthy, calm person to be with you

My first time was alone and it went great. That's not to say there aren't risks though. You won't have anybody to talk yourself out of anything. I'm in a boat too where doing it with people really alters the experience. 

The best thing I can recommend to you is really know yourself, do some observance. I'm typically a very calm and collected person who can work with my own mind well. 

I often see those who are more anxious, worrying, get lost in themselves etc etc to be more likely to need some assistance.