Rasheed

How many time per week, it is 'healthy, good' to eat meat?

19 posts in this topic

How many times per week can person eat meat

(I think, eating meat every single day is terrible. Eating meat is terrible itself + eating it every day even more bad, but for those who eat meat, how many times per week is it okay to eat meat) 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

3 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Eating meat is terrible itself

Very subjective question that depends on individual beliefs, culture and current state of health..... but for yourself personally, I think you already answered the question. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

52 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Then don't eat it?!

If you already believe that meat is terrible, then this is like asking, "how many cigarettes per week are ok?" - well, of course, none at all if possible...

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Very subjective question that depends on individual beliefs, culture and current state of health..... but for yourself personally, I think you already answered the question. 

My question was, how many time per week is it healthy to eat meat for a MEAT-EATER. Question was not about me, personally....:D

So, what is your answer? 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Chimpanzees eat some meat, like 5-10% of their diet is animal products. I think that humans should be okay with eating similarly.

Everyday, consume and devour. O an if you watch Hannibal you might be inclined to eat meat even more.

I'd personally say. ZERO times a week.

Meat/Dairy is acid forming to human body.

Do what works for you, observe, find your balance.

B R E A T H E

I agree. It's really about an individual...

11 hours ago, Bill W said:

3 Times

Three is a sweet spot? Why is that?

Red meat or fish or what?

For spiritual purposes I dont know

When speaking of general health red meats biggest drawback is that it is high in unhealthy fats unlike fatty fish or low-fatty meat like broiler. Personally I dont see a health related limit to lean meat or fatty fish, but one shouldnt go all crazy for red meat.

Edit: The acidicy of meat can be countered with balanced meal if one is worried about that

Edited by Hansu

6 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Three is a sweet spot? Why is that?

I just believe it's easier on the stomach this way. Especially with red meat which I would not have more than once per week. It also encourages you (or me for sure) to be more creative with my meals if I am going meat free 4 days of the week. 

1 hour ago, Bill W said:

I just believe it's easier on the stomach this way. Especially with red meat which I would not have more than once per week. It also encourages you (or me for sure) to be more creative with my meals if I am going meat free 4 days of the week. 

Thank you, very helpful.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:34 AM, pluto said:

I'd personally say. ZERO times a week.

Meat/Dairy is acid forming to human body.

Do what works for you, observe, find your balance.

Our stomach is by default very very acidic.

Why dairy would do that ?

Sources ?

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

Sources ?

Our stomach has a natural protection against its own acidity. If you push through it too hard, there will be consequences. This is why we feel burning sensations in the stomach and in the esophagus when we eat too much bad food.

This is also why some people have gastritis. And if they're really stubborn, those may develop into ulcers or even some weird stomach cancer.

The internet is here for you. Do some research. This is pretty much 101 stuff.

unborn Truth

On 13/10/2019 at 8:51 AM, Aeris said:

Sources ?

The way this works is that lot of these foods will cause the "chyme" (the mixture of semi-digested food substance leaving stomach down duodenum) becomes more acidic than it should be and the body needs to deploy a lot resources to balance this in the small intestine because this environment needs to be alkaline. So a lot of time we have to pull precious positively charged ions (e.g. calcium) from our internal stores such as bones and arterial tissue. ,...hence also the potential link between dairy and osteoporosis. 

So we say that soem food is acidic. It is not necessarily that the food itself is acidic but how it may disrupt the precious balance inside of your gut :)

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I am slowly working on weening my meat intake. Partially for health purposes, and partially for environmental purposes. As far as how much, thats up to the individual.