LeoBacca

What Do You Think About RSD Derek?

48 posts in this topic

Excpet some ideas that he has, I think that touches good points that other PUA don't talk about.

As far as I  know fondamentally Derek:

  • Teaches a game based on honesty
  • He focuses heavily on BEING instead of DOING
  • He knows that getting laid is not the solution to all men problems
  • Before teaching game stuff he always assures that you are already taking responsibility for your life

This to me seems a very good way of doing pIck up without worrying too much if there's manipulation or not lol

Maybe you already know Derek more than me, I would like to know what you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The maniuplation problems of pickup go WAY deeper than that.

But if it grows you out of Orange or incel toxicity, go for it.

It is possible to cherrypick PUA teachings, leaving behind the most egotistical stuff.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura I agree and also a question that always pops in to my mind is: "how do I recognise that is time to let go of PU?". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura i thought pick up is full of manipulation until i got one of the rsd courses and there was not so many manipulation they teach giving,colaboration not competitive mind frame,being yourself...ofcourse its still manipulation but how can you get resaults in anything if you dont manipulate in some degree...me being introvert i had to force myself being social and thats also manipulation and if i dont manipulate myself to be more social i wont grow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff. Listening to him really makes me wanna step up with my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Can you grow yourself as a man without ever doing pickup?

Or is this a stage of life where a man needs to do this stuff?

What about your video on pickup? is that still relevant to you?   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The maniuplation problems of pickup go WAY deeper than that.

But if it grows you out of Orange or incel toxicity, go for it.

It is possible to cherrypick PUA teachings, leaving behind the most egotistical stuff.

I think Derek is super orange actually

 

He's my favorite RSD instructor. All that technical shit, Mystery Method sorta shit will only make everything 10x harder and fake. However I do feel ALOT of resentment and tension in him that you won't feel from someone like Sadghuru or other spiritual dudes.

Personally something like Johnny Soporno x Derek hybrid would be ideal game.

Edited by PenguinPablo
Deleted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Leo Gura i thought pick up is full of manipulation until i got one of the rsd courses and there was not so many manipulation they teach giving,colaboration not competitive mind frame,being yourself...ofcourse its still manipulation but how can you get resaults in anything if you dont manipulate in some degree...me being introvert i had to force myself being social and thats also manipulation and if i dont manipulate myself to be more social i wont grow...

RSD is enormously manipulative at multiple levels.

Of course manipulation is often critical for survival (which is mostly what you're doing).

The point is to become more conscious of what manipulation is, why you feel the need to do it, and karma/suffering which results from it.

You have a lot of work yet to do to understand the depth of what manipulation is and how much suffering it causes in your life.

The problem with manipulation is not that you're being bad towards other people, per se, but that it's like pissing into the wind. It comes back in your face in ways you're not conscious of yet. Manipulation is not a satisfying way to live. When you manipulate you are selling your soul to the devil for a piece of chocolate cake. Yes, the cake tastes good, but at what long-term cost?

10 hours ago, RawJudah said:

@Leo Gura Can you grow yourself as a man without ever doing pickup?

Of course

Quote

Or is this a stage of life where a man needs to do this stuff?

It all depends on what your goals are.

Quote

What about your video on pickup? is that still relevant to you?  

I don't know what you're asking. The video is not for me, it's for others.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RSD interestingly have purged most of their pickup content. All the pickup related videos on Tyler’s Freetour channel were recently deleted. They’ve been moving to more self help material and away from hardcore pickup recently.

either they’re moving up the spiral or they’re covering their asses from another media fiasco 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joeyi99 said:

How do we do pickup without manipulation?

Seduction is inherently manipulative imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joeyi99 said:

How do we do pickup without manipulation?

Dating and relationships are predicated upon manipulation.

But pickup takes it to the next level.

You can do pickup, the biggest thing to avoid there is the ideology which often comes with the activity.

The problem is not so much that guys do pickup, it's that they develop a toxic masculine ideology to go with it.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura i feel a need to manipulate to grow out of my weaknesses and to do better at things...but i do it in moderation, so much less than before...whats the alternative then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Dating and relationships are predicated upon manipulation.

But pickup takes it to the next level.

You can do pickup, the biggest thing to avoid there is the ideology which often comes with the activity.

The problem is not so much that guys do pickup, it's that they develop a toxic masculine ideology to go with it.

Uh no


love or silence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Leo Gura i feel a need to manipulate to grow out of my weaknesses and to do better at things...but i do it in moderation, so much less than before...whats the alternative then ?

Survival requires manipulation.

You are a devil for good reason. It works!


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

RSD is enormously manipulative at multiple levels.

Of course manipulation is often critical for survival (which is mostly what you're doing).

The point is to become more conscious of what manipulation is, why you feel the need to do it, and karma/suffering which results from it.

You have a lot of work yet to do to understand the depth of what manipulation is and how much suffering it causes in your life.

The problem with manipulation is not that you're being bad towards other people, per se, but that it's like pissing into the wind. It comes back in your face in ways you're not conscious of yet. Manipulation is not a satisfying way to live. When you manipulate you are selling your soul to the devil for a piece of chocolate cake. Yes, the cake tastes good, but at what long-term cost?

Of course

It all depends on what your goals are.

I don't know what you're asking. The video is not for me, it's for others.

If you were a girl, would you pursue a relationship with a guy who is involved in pick up, or would you see it as a deal breaker?


 What the future holds for you depends on your state of consciousness now.  Eckhart Tolle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura romantic relationships are all lies then...i need to figured out how to make it healthy its like its rigged to become devils activity like almost everything 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Etherial Cat I’m pretty sure girls don’t like pickup. If your girlfriend found out you were doing pickup she would probably leave you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now